Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vegas Golf Game

Go down 
+10
Duval_S
4dtoto
slinger
mengteck71
simoner
golfool2009
sob
hkhamateur
mulligan
rsenal
14 posters
AuthorMessage
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 5:45 pm

Our group have been playing Vegas lately (apparently played by Asian Tour players amongst during practice rounds). As its name, the outcome can be lucrative and sometimes thinning the wallet.

Whats good about is that Vegas is a game for golfers who are serious about their play--every stroke for every player on every hole is extremely important.

Any groups playing this game?

From (http://golf.about.com/od/golfterms/g/bldef_lasvegas.htm)

Definition: "Las Vegas" is the name of a golf betting game for two teams of two players each. Winnings and losings can add up quickly in Las Vegas, so it's a game preferred by better (or wealthier) players. In Las Vegas, each 2-person team plays for a team score on each hole. But it's not a normal team score. The team members' scores are not combined; rather, they are paired: Player A gets a 4, Player B gets a 5. The team score is not 9, it's 45 (the lower number goes first).

If both players get 4s, that's 44; if one gets an 8 and the other gets a 3, that's 38.

The team score represents the number of points each team earns per hole. Points are tracked throughout the round and the differential is paid off at the end of the round. A single-hole example: Team A scores 4 and 5 for a 45; Team B scores 5 and 6 for a 56; the difference is 11 points.

Points can be worth any amount. Low-rollers should only play for nickels and dimes. Las Vegas is often played for a dollar per point, and it adds up quickly at that level.

And if your group of four is "flipping the bird," the money can really start to change hands. When employing this rule, a team that makes a birdie and wins the hole can flip the other team's score for that hole. So instead of the low number going first, the high number goes first. The opponent's 5 and 6 wouldn't be 56, but 65.

One safeguard: If one player scores 10 or more, that team's score uses the high number first. So a 3 and a 10 is 103, not 310.
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 5:48 pm

Another version of vegas (definitely not recommended)

Monte Carlo
If the stakes of Vegas aren't big enough for you, you can play Monte Carlo. In this variation, a team's score is calculated by multiplying the individual scores together. On the fourth hole of the above example, Jack's team would have 7 x 6 = 42 points, while Larry's team would have 5 x 5 = 25 points. Larry's team would win 42 - 25 = 17 points on the hole. The multiplicative effect of Monte Carlo becomes dangerous when players begin to shoot higher scores - throw a 9 into the mix and your team can lose quite a few points.
Back to top Go down
mulligan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mulligan

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 6:07 pm

bro rsenal, what about 'Bacacarat" in a golf wager ? pray tell . tks
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 6:16 pm

Never tried that.. Any good?
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 6:24 pm

Super Vegas will b deadly! pale
Bt if yr stake re very small n friendly, fr vegas its manageable! Wink
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 8:38 pm

hkhamateur wrote:
Super Vegas will b deadly! pale
Bt if yr stake re very small n friendly, fr vegas its manageable! Wink

So what's the additions for super Vegas?
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 9:03 pm

rsenal wrote:

Monte Carlo
If the stakes of Vegas aren't big enough for you, you can play Monte Carlo. In this variation, a team's score is calculated by multiplying the individual scores together. On the fourth hole of the above example, Jack's team would have 7 x 6 = 42 points, while Larry's team would have 5 x 5 = 25 points. Larry's team would win 42 - 25 = 17 points on the hole. The multiplicative effect of Monte Carlo becomes dangerous when players begin to shoot higher scores - throw a 9 into the mix and your team can lose quite a few points.

This sounds fun.......
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 9:41 pm

Hahha its fun if you win and intense if you get paired up with a partner who with a bogey hole and ends up double digits.. It gets uglier when your opponents gets birdie.. The points flip (higher number at the front) and double the points.

We used to change partners for every six holes. Now it all depends on who's near who on EVERY HOLE.

though our stake is 50cents per point, it gets intense when one hole you're up and down the next hole.. thats why its called vegas.

The good thing is that everyone has to work hard for it.

Have fun trying it out guys.
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:25 pm

It's very stressful
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:41 pm

what if the players are of different HCP. Should strokes be given accordingly?

What if the higher hcp is actually a longer hitter then the lower hcp player? Should strokes be given?
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:50 pm

In a group of 4, the lowest handicap will give the strokes to the others for the specific index..

So if that hole is a stroke hole, then the player gets a net score..

We play the normal handicap rule despite the higher handicapper hits it miles..

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:54 pm

golfool2009 wrote:
rsenal wrote:

Monte Carlo

This sounds fun.......

well, it aint gonna be fun for your son when he comes n picks up my daughter....

u wanna guess who i have taking over Will.....

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:55 pm

mengteck71 wrote:

What if the higher hcp is actually a longer hitter then the lower hcp player? Should strokes be given?

shi xiong, if u are keen...

let me know.... i can arrange
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:59 pm

slinger wrote:
mengteck71 wrote:

Aiyah..ask so much, explain also difficult..just play with slinger once n all questions answer..
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 11:12 pm

Quote :
4dtoto wrote:
slinger wrote:
mengteck71 wrote:

Aiyah
..ask so much, explain also difficult..just play with slinger once n all questions answer..

totally agree!!!!!!! never failed to learn fm singer.......do try
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 6:32 am

slinger wrote:

Shi Xiong.. ur school fee too high liao Smile
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:57 am

if every few holes, the pairing gets randomly changed, i don't think its necessary for lower hcp player to give strokes. cos it will be all mixed. win some rounds lose some rounds.
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:41 am

audi wrote:
if every few holes, the pairing gets randomly changed, i don't think its necessary for lower hcp player to give strokes. cos it will be all mixed. win some rounds lose some rounds.

Was intro to this by some frens last month.

Pairing could change every hole depending on where tee shot lands. Even then, some strokes are needed if opponents r v strong players. The guys would give me half the strokes of what would b given in a normal game
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 8:31 am

Thats why its called Vegas.. You don't know who you will be paired up with.. You could end up with a better player, with a higher handicapper with strokes or even with anyone who had an off day.

Whoever it is your partner, both just have to grind it out.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 2:56 pm

so it is still important to give strokes to ensure more level playing field
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 11:34 pm

What ia japanese vegas?
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 2:10 am

pushslice wrote:
What ia japanese vegas?

Payment in Yen ?

Back to top Go down
Whosyourdaddy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 8:38 am

Yen is losing its value
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 8:44 am

chien wrote:
pushslice wrote:
What ia japanese vegas?

Payment in Yen ?

LOL ROFL lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vegas Golf Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Golf Game   Vegas Golf Game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vegas Golf Game
Page 1 of 1