Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Indah Puri

Go down 
+2
wilkang
wilsonang
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wilsonang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Indah Puri Empty
PostSubject: Indah Puri   Indah Puri I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:46 am

Anybody played at this course before? care to share abit about this course? like course condition, difficulty, etc...
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

Indah Puri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indah Puri   Indah Puri I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:14 pm

One of the more challening course in Batam.
Gives one a very rustic and kampong feel.

2nd nine IMO is more difficult especially on windy days, some holes are located near the beach.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Indah Puri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indah Puri   Indah Puri I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:30 pm

Hi Wilsonang, Indah Puri was the first full 18 hole course i have ever been too. Having spend time only on an exec course at mandai, being at Indah puri was overwhelming. Overall the place is nice and serene. The fairway is the normal cow grass but its very well maintained.

I was told that it is rated no 3 in Batam and has one of the most challenging green, fast and many breaks. At first i didnt know what it means...but after a few holes, i was like playing ping pong on the green.

As it was my first time in a full course, i cant tell you how difficult it is. There were times we cant even see the pin, even from the fairway. Considering that however, I had a chance of a birdie on one of the par 5. My flightmates started to put money in the hole...and i cracked under pressure..but managed a par. I would say that as a beginner, i find the place very beginner friendly to play at. It has a wide fairway to accommodate the hooks and slices.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience and i would return to play there again.

Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
wilsonang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Indah Puri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indah Puri   Indah Puri I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:58 pm

cool... seems like we gog to enjoy it Smile
Back to top Go down
wilsonang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Indah Puri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indah Puri   Indah Puri I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:13 pm

another quick question, what is the going rate for caddy tips?
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Indah Puri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indah Puri   Indah Puri I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:35 pm

I cant recall coz my flightmate settled the tips....but if i'm not mistaken its Rp150,000 to Rp200,000 (About around $20 to $30 sgd) ..... Anyone else care to comment? Oh yah, dont forget to tip the towel boys too....

P.S: the in-house restaurant menu has SGD list price too. The food is not bad i must say....
Back to top Go down
wilsonang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Indah Puri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indah Puri   Indah Puri I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:39 pm

cool!!! thkz for the info Smile
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Indah Puri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indah Puri   Indah Puri I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:54 pm

no worries! Hope you enjoy your time there!
Back to top Go down
marmarchen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Indah Puri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indah Puri   Indah Puri I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:24 pm

Reviving this old thread... planning to head to Batam for a short getaway soon and of course some golf!

Has anyone been there recently and be able to compare this against Tering Bay? Tering Bay seems more expensive (SGD$145 on Weekends) but looks/seems nicer.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Indah Puri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indah Puri   Indah Puri I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:26 pm

Tering Bay and Palm Spring @ Batam are much better courses versus Indah Puri in terms of green and fairway conditions ... Moreover, the the former two are more scenic ...

For Tering Bay & Palm Spring, you have to take the ferry at Changi Ferry Terminal, whereas for Indah Puri, you have to depart at the World Trade Center Ferry Terminal ...
Back to top Go down
marmarchen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Indah Puri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indah Puri   Indah Puri I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:30 pm

Thanks Turbo!

I was actually planning to arrange a group trip, 8 of us for golf and stay at a decent resort. I see each course offers their own packages but was also wondering if there are websites or companies which give group deals + ferry tickets?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Indah Puri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indah Puri   Indah Puri I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:41 pm

marmarchen wrote:
Thanks Turbo!

I was actually planning to arrange a group trip, 8 of us for golf and stay at a decent resort. I see each course offers their own packages but was also wondering if there are websites or companies which give group deals + ferry tickets?

U can call Sam Ong (Sales Mgr for Palm Spring) @ 9666 6425 for advice. Tell him that Philip is the one who introduces you to him ... Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
marmarchen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Indah Puri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indah Puri   Indah Puri I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:49 pm

Ok Thanks!
Back to top Go down
kpratesa
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Indah Puri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indah Puri   Indah Puri I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 2:45 pm

Just played Indah Puri last week and it's a decent course but I prefer Batam Hills. I have not played South Links or Tering Bay but would rank the Batam courses I have played as follows:

1. Batam Hills
2. Indah Puri
3. Palm Springs

But honestly at S$130 nett for any of the above courses, Ria Bintan at $199 + $60 ferry for 2D1N unlimited golf is the way to go!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Indah Puri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indah Puri   Indah Puri I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Indah Puri
Page 1 of 1