Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews

Go down 
+3
DGman
eiji
Dstruc
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dstruc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dstruc

Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews Empty
PostSubject: Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews   Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi all,

Thinking of getting a 'point and shoot' camera with video function for capturing golf swings (slow mo). Bros who have these cameras, can you please share the (brand /model) camera used and a little review?

Currently I'm looking at Casio cameras (which seems to be great for golf)
- EX- FC200s (Japan)
- EX- FC150
- EX - FH100

Not sure about Cannon / Nikon / Sony... any recommendation?
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews   Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:23 pm

Stick with Casio if the purpose of the camera is for slow mo shots.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews   Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:38 pm

there is a model Sony Next 5 (14 megapixel), great camera and a very good price.

the reason is the camera is made in thailand and the floods cause a 3 month delay in the shipping. the next model was coming (16 megapixel). so instead of jeopardising the sales on the next model, they sold it only in thailand for something like $500 with 2 lenses. great camera and we have used that instead of the Canon 50D for the tour action so far. video (not high speed) is pretty decent too.

if you are in thailand, its a great camera to try out and perhaps invest.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kyleyann

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews   Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 2:00 pm

I would recommend the Casio also. I have a the FC100 for a few years now. The slowmo swing videos taken at 210FPS is quite decent.
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kyleyann

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews   Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 2:16 pm

Here's an actual sample taken from the camera a few years back.

The quality is decent in good lighting, but is very poor taken at night (example; taken during your range session at night). Hope this help.
Back to top Go down
Dstruc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dstruc

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews   Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 3:00 pm

Thanks for the recommendation, DGman. Seems like a good deal, but i'm not sure if the actual size (with the pancake lens) is compact enough to have it in my golf bag. Shall check it out.

For those interested, here's a review found.
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/NEX5/NEX5A.HTMhttp://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/NEX5/NEX5A.HTM

Anyone tried Casio EX- FC200s? Heard you can draw lines on the camera and review you swing path.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews   Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Thanks kyleyann for sharing the video.

Anyone able to advise me where to buy [Casio Exilim FC200S]?
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews   Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 5:03 pm

Dstruc wrote:
Thanks for the recommendation, DGman. Seems like a good deal, but i'm not sure if the actual size (with the pancake lens) is compact enough to have it in my golf bag. Shall check it out.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/NEX5/NEX5A.HTMhttp://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/NEX5/NEX5A.HTM

Anyone tried Casio EX- FC200s? Heard you can draw lines on the camera and review you swing path.

I can vouch for NEX-5 from Sony. Great camera, great result, (almost or same with) DSLR quality.

Only downside for the earlier NEX Sony is the slow focus and there's shutter lag. Understand that it has been fixed in the new NEX version.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews   Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 5:25 pm

Dstruc wrote:

The Casion EX- FC200s is an awesome camera. I just bought one online from Japan as it is not available in Singapore. You can't actually draw lines but instead you'd have to position a shot in a way that it would match you. However the various shutter speed settings are more than adequate.
Back to top Go down
Dstruc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dstruc

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews   Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 5:38 pm

Thanks Justin,

Care to share how much is it?

Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews   Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:46 pm

bought it for 700sg off ebay. free shipping
Back to top Go down
Kenneth
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews   Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:21 pm

Shop in Sim Lim quoted me EX-FH100 for $520.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews   Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Digital Camera for golf videos - recommendations / reviews
Page 1 of 1