Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best (Value) Compact Camera to capture Golf Swing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
battousai
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Best (Value) Compact Camera to capture Golf Swing Empty
PostSubject: Best (Value) Compact Camera to capture Golf Swing   Best (Value) Compact Camera to capture Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi all,

Appreciate if bros here can share/ advise on a good high speed (fps) compact camera to capture golf swing in video format. I know Casio is Exilim is good but any recommendation for other brands?

There's an electronic fair going on now in Singapore Expo. I hope to get a good bargain :-D

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Best (Value) Compact Camera to capture Golf Swing   Best (Value) Compact Camera to capture Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 3:46 pm

Have you tried iPhone 4/4s/5 and swing reader app? Upgrade 2.99 can upload the vids
Back to top Go down
battousai
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best (Value) Compact Camera to capture Golf Swing   Best (Value) Compact Camera to capture Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 4:07 pm

pushslice wrote:
Have you tried iPhone 4/4s/5 and swing reader app? Upgrade 2.99 can upload the vids

I'll download the swing reader app and have a go! :-) I was in youtube and came across a couple of good videos on golf swings, captured at 420fps. Really clear and steady. Most were using Casio but if the swing reader app works, why not! cheers
Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kyleyann

PostSubject: Re: Best (Value) Compact Camera to capture Golf Swing   Best (Value) Compact Camera to capture Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 4:12 pm

As pushslice highlighted, a smartphone swing reader should be good enough to analyse your own swing.

I myself was using the casio Ex-F1 a few years back, taking videos of myself at 210 FPS. The quality was decent. But honestly, after spending about $600 then on the camera, I don't think the videos I took of myself helped much. They're more of a novelty really. It's much wiser to spend it on a coach, imho.
Back to top Go down
battousai
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best (Value) Compact Camera to capture Golf Swing   Best (Value) Compact Camera to capture Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 10:16 pm

kyleyann wrote:
As pushslice highlighted, a smartphone swing reader should be good enough to analyse your own swing.

I myself was using the casio Ex-F1 a few years back, taking videos of myself at 210 FPS. The quality was decent. But honestly, after spending about $600 then on the camera, I don't think the videos I took of myself helped much. They're more of a novelty really. It's much wiser to spend it on a coach, imho.

Agreed!! :-D I'm having problem with my swing so I thought I analysis it myself.. hehe.. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

PostSubject: Re: Best (Value) Compact Camera to capture Golf Swing   Best (Value) Compact Camera to capture Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 10:25 pm

If you can upgrade your phone to Note II, that will be great.
I have taken with its slow motion video using it at night in the range and can really see the impact of my driver quite clearly.
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

PostSubject: Re: Best (Value) Compact Camera to capture Golf Swing   Best (Value) Compact Camera to capture Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 10:32 pm

Not me, but found this on youtube. maybe helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmsquqdCuLQ
Back to top Go down
battousai
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best (Value) Compact Camera to capture Golf Swing   Best (Value) Compact Camera to capture Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 6:01 pm

snagy23 wrote:
Not me, but found this on youtube. maybe helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmsquqdCuLQ

Wah.. his swing is quite good :-) Anyway, the idea of having the Note II is lingering in my mind.. hehe. Thanks, bro!!!

Cheers!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best (Value) Compact Camera to capture Golf Swing   Best (Value) Compact Camera to capture Golf Swing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best (Value) Compact Camera to capture Golf Swing
Page 1 of 1