Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Callaway Razr Fit

Go down 
+11
Bear
garylin
Kengnam
audi
acidic88
jeremykoh
samT
crayon33
asahi
kian
grooveballer
15 posters
AuthorMessage
grooveballer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
grooveballer

The Callaway Razr Fit Empty
PostSubject: The Callaway Razr Fit   The Callaway Razr Fit I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:48 pm

Got a call from the Boss last Thursday at about 4pm. Rushed down to the Den after work and this was waiting for me...

The Callaway Razr Fit 20120202184749

Then, instead of putting my Proto-K in it, this was offered...

The Callaway Razr Fit 20120202193336

Of course, it wouldn't be complete without the cover...

The Callaway Razr Fit 20120202193300

I took it out to the range and here what it looks like at address...

The Callaway Razr Fit Sdc13860n

Now I have an awesome addition to my bag...

The Callaway Razr Fit Sdc13862

Thanks, DGman!
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: The Callaway Razr Fit   The Callaway Razr Fit I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:53 pm

So beautiful......
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: The Callaway Razr Fit   The Callaway Razr Fit I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:16 pm

So jealous....
Back to top Go down
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
crayon33

PostSubject: Re: The Callaway Razr Fit   The Callaway Razr Fit I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:36 pm

Is this the most teasing thread in GR or what?
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: The Callaway Razr Fit   The Callaway Razr Fit I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:09 pm

How come there is a "R" sticker in your first pic?

Anyway, most important - better performance than your current driver?
Back to top Go down
jeremykoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Callaway Razr Fit   The Callaway Razr Fit I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:09 pm

nice combination ...
Back to top Go down
acidic88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Callaway Razr Fit   The Callaway Razr Fit I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Nice pics!!
Back to top Go down
grooveballer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
grooveballer

PostSubject: Re: The Callaway Razr Fit   The Callaway Razr Fit I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:22 pm

samT wrote:
How come there is a "R" sticker in your first pic?

Anyway, most important - better performance than your current driver?

The head came all shrink-wrapped with the R. The stock shaft was removed.

I was using the Diablo Edge Tour and this seems (after a range session) more forgiving, with toe and heel hits giving respectable distance without flying off line too much. The Razr Fit is set with a square face, with 12g in the toe and 2 g in the heel for a fade bias. Definitely more straight. I'm not sure about the distance until I try it out on course. The DET with the Proto-K gave some serious roll and it was definitely long. But I have a feeling the RF will be longer. The feel off a good hit is very 'oomph'.

Last edited by grooveballer on Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: The Callaway Razr Fit   The Callaway Razr Fit I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:23 pm

very beautiful. how's the performance?
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: The Callaway Razr Fit   The Callaway Razr Fit I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:29 pm

Ya, i heard about this head giving longer distance. Really amazes me how they did it. Looks like a worthy investment for you bro. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

PostSubject: Re: The Callaway Razr Fit   The Callaway Razr Fit I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:34 pm

The only thing I like is the putter cover Very Happy
Back to top Go down
grooveballer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
grooveballer

PostSubject: Re: The Callaway Razr Fit   The Callaway Razr Fit I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:41 pm

kian wrote:
So beautiful......

yes she is. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: The Callaway Razr Fit   The Callaway Razr Fit I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:03 pm

so poisonoussssss...
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Callaway Razr Fit   The Callaway Razr Fit I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:01 am

Droooools

Cheers to u on your new toy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The Callaway Razr Fit   The Callaway Razr Fit I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:05 am

Nice photo Leonard....official launch is 15 Feb and nothing is going to be in until then. But if you receive a call from me, do pick up the call hor.

for those who wants to have a go, the PT piece with the Fubuki K is sitting pretty in the Den.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
senmin
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Callaway Razr Fit   The Callaway Razr Fit I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:30 am

Eric,

Is the Tour AD BB shaft keeping he ball 1 sec more in the air true?

Read this info in a rviw
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The Callaway Razr Fit   The Callaway Razr Fit I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:50 am

1 sec more does not translate to 15 meters longer....hitting a "tempura shot will keep the ball longer in the air but it may also mean shorter distance.

seriously...the tourad's DI, DJ, and BB are supposed to have the same kick point but different tip and butt stiffness to create different ball flights. in essence, the DJ produce a higher ball flight, the BB is mid and the DI is is low.

the best thing to do is to experience the shaft performance yourself.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: The Callaway Razr Fit   The Callaway Razr Fit I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 5:21 pm

ok i've had three games with the Razr Fit and can give a review more or less

1. Distance: The bad shots are about the same distance as my old gamer (909D2). However, good shots are about 10m longer. I'm not sure if it's due to extra carry or roll because it's based on ball position with GPS readings (mbgc) or range finder readings (hole yardage less distance to pin or distance to markers). Haven't got the chance to visit the den for Trackman readings yet.

2. Accuracy: Miss hits aren't too punishing. I don't have a hook problem so only need to deal with the right side. But if I slice, the curves are less pronounced. I've put the weight ports to draw bias (10g on the heel) so maybe that really helps. Technology that works!

3. Sound/Feel/Look: Sounds way more muted than Ping/TM, very anti-Titleist. So it's still uniquely Callaway sound. Either love it or hate it. Face look square (i set as Square), head looks smaller/compact than the big G20 or RBZ/Burners. Just nice if you like compact heads.

4. Launch: Very penetrating with the GD Aura Blue (which is btw, supposed to be a high launch shaft). This is all about fitting the swing, the club with the right loft and shaft. I could hit a few low drives yesterday, when before ball would usually just spun up at the tail end.

Overall: It simply works. It's a case where the club with fitting optimized my swing. Is it worth hundreds of dollars to gain 10m and be a tad more accurate? Maybe. Scores reduced? not really I still cant putt. Itch alleviated? Definitely yes Laughing

background info: My swing speed avg 95mph, Angle of Attack +/- 1 degree, 9.5degree head, paired with Graphite Design Aura Blue 67g stiff, cut 2 inches at the tip to 258-260cpm. I usually spun the ball the too much and so the objective was to reduce spin, the ballooning and flatten ball flight especially at the tail end. Other clubs tested before buying the Fit were Ping G20, Ping i20, RBZ Tour, RBZ, 910D3, 910D2.

Driver courtesy of Slinger, made by GolfAmigo..thank you!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: The Callaway Razr Fit   The Callaway Razr Fit I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Hi Senmin,

I am gaming the Razr Fit with Tour AD BB and fubuki k nw. I must say the BB is my preferred choice of shaft.

Nt sure if Tour AD BB can be kept in air for 1 sec more.
But one thing for sure, the ball flight is darn low and penetrating.

When compared with Fubuki K, much much lower flight.
Plus the roll the BB gives is scary.

This Fit and BB combo, thus far, has given me my longest drives yet, even for my f up flat swing.

p.s as for the muted sound, after some games running in, more piak piak like nw and nt so muted as when brand new.
Why? I am nt really sure.

Back to top Go down
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
9points

PostSubject: Re: The Callaway Razr Fit   The Callaway Razr Fit I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 8:57 pm

My previous RAZR Fit with Rombax 6Z08 was ballooning and luckily now with the RAZR Fit Tour Authentic with UST Mamiya Attas, it's lower, more penetrating with a little more carry distance than the previous one however the more penetrating ball flight resulted in an additional of 10m gain in total distance. One of the best driver I've had in the bag Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Callaway Razr Fit   The Callaway Razr Fit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Callaway Razr Fit
Page 1 of 1