Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf is not a Game of Perfect.....

Go down 
+5
entity
waltzy
Kengnam
HyBriD
RocknRoll
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RocknRoll
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf is not a Game of Perfect..... Empty
PostSubject: Golf is not a Game of Perfect.....   Golf is not a Game of Perfect..... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi All,

Just finished a book from Bob Rotella. It's called 'Golf is not a Game of Perfect'. The writer is a sport psycologist advising many top players.

Really enjoyed reading it and think it improved my game also. I am more relaxed, can focus better on the shot.

Anybody same experiences?
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Golf is not a Game of Perfect.....   Golf is not a Game of Perfect..... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 1:42 pm

I haven't read any of Rotella's book.

However, I am applying Silva Method in my Golf game.

Golf as a sports is not a Game of Perfection.

There is no Perfect Swing....

If there is, then the Unconventional Swing of Jim Furyk won't make him a Great Golfer

there are days we would hit everything well and there are days it sucks :-)
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

PostSubject: Re: Golf is not a Game of Perfect.....   Golf is not a Game of Perfect..... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:38 pm

Hybrid I agree with u Very Happy
Back to top Go down
waltzy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
waltzy

PostSubject: Re: Golf is not a Game of Perfect.....   Golf is not a Game of Perfect..... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 10:46 pm

Golf is a game of perfect, where players work harder to compensate their imperfections.

*perfect itself is subjective
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf is not a Game of Perfect.....   Golf is not a Game of Perfect..... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 11:55 pm

That title is applicable to life as well. Wink
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: Golf is not a Game of Perfect.....   Golf is not a Game of Perfect..... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 12:07 am

that is why it is such a great game. It is a reflection of life. If u make a wrong judgement call, u will b punished. if ur call is good, u will be rewarded. of course sometimes u get lucky.

u do not or hv no time to dwell on ur mistake, control urself and move on. !Es la vida! Luv the game.

Back to top Go down
caution
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
caution

PostSubject: Re: Golf is not a Game of Perfect.....   Golf is not a Game of Perfect..... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 5:49 pm

beehome wrote:
that is why it is such a great game. It is a reflection of life. If u make a wrong judgement call, u will b punished. if ur call is good, u will be rewarded. of course sometimes u get lucky.

u do not or hv no time to dwell on ur mistake, control urself and move on. !Es la vida! Luv the game.

I agree with what you said. Sometimes I allow my bad shots to control me and as a result, it affects my mood and thus resulted in a bad game. As I get more exprience in the game, once I hit a bad shot, I will tell myself to move on and not dwell in it. It works pretty well for my although I still play crappy, its ok Smile
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Golf is not a Game of Perfect.....   Golf is not a Game of Perfect..... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 6:26 pm

caution wrote:
beehome wrote:

I agree with what you said. Sometimes I allow my bad shots to control me and as a result, it affects my mood and thus resulted in a bad game. As I get more exprience in the game, once I hit a bad shot, I will tell myself to move on and not dwell in it. It works pretty well for my although I still play crappy, its ok Smile

Its mostly a mind game, my personal tots. afro
Back to top Go down
gingerus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf is not a Game of Perfect.....   Golf is not a Game of Perfect..... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 6:47 pm

in my opinion its a game of concentration Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf is not a Game of Perfect.....   Golf is not a Game of Perfect..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf is not a Game of Perfect.....
Page 1 of 1