Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Club fitting

Go down 
+4
golf_snowman
Technospaz
DRGjr72
Kyle
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyle
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Kyle

Club fitting Empty
PostSubject: Club fitting   Club fitting I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:44 pm

Should a guy 1.86m tall go for club fitting? confused

Currently using a Nike Victory Red Full cavity graphite set(Stiff)
Feels awkward and I just can't get consistency on the course Mad Evil or Very Mad

Really need some advice! Very Happy

Cheers!
Handicap 15*
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

Club fitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club fitting   Club fitting I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:51 pm

I am the same height, 6'1'' tall and being a former professional I would recommend fitting for taller or shorter people and golfers who want to ensure their equipment is right for them.

You are a 15 handicap, so a good, decent golfer. Having your set checked out to see if it fits you and your specs would not be the worst thing you could do. Being comfortable with a golf club builds confidence and with confidence comes better performance, typically.

I would at worst have your swing speed checked (for proper shaft flex), length checked (to make sure they fit your set up and impact position), and lie angle (to determine if the club is too upright or flat for you) by a professional fitter.

Another route is to go see a qualified professional instructor and have him see if you have any glaring swing issues, set up issues, etc.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Club fitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club fitting   Club fitting I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:52 pm

Bro, I think that club fitting has no relation to size. It's akin to asking if a person who is 1.86m should get a jacket tailored, rather than off the rack? I see benefit in getting fitted particularly as you've got a decent handicap which means that you can swing the club (so your swing is consistent) Smile
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

Club fitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club fitting   Club fitting I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:53 pm

hi

i suggest you can always drop by either BFG or WizGolf, have a talk with them..then see which one you felt more comfortable with the fitting process...
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Club fitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club fitting   Club fitting I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:16 pm

if nothing else, using longer shafts will be easier on your back, dun have to bend down so much
Back to top Go down
thane
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Club fitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club fitting   Club fitting I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Anyone knows where is a good place i could go get my swing speed and all checked ? I'm guessing my shafts are 2cm longer then they are supposed to be!
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

Club fitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club fitting   Club fitting I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:56 pm

pushslice wrote:
if nothing else, using longer shafts will be easier on your back, dun have to bend down so much
Taller people got longer hands no? hahhaa
just like clothes, some can buy off the shelf, some should get tailored...
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Club fitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club fitting   Club fitting I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:00 pm

true, true grandmaster Very Happy

like those nba pros, their wing span are usually longer than their height. Elton Brand is 6 foot 8 yet has 7 feet 15 wingspan.

Last edited by pushslice on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Suspicious
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Suspicious

Club fitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club fitting   Club fitting I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
pushslice wrote:
Taller people got longer hands no? hahhaa
just like clothes, some can buy off the shelf, some should get tailored...

they have longer legs too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Club fitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club fitting   Club fitting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club fitting
Page 1 of 1