Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hanks tell all book!

Go down 
+8
Technospaz
tronos
Duval_S
nientsu
HyBriD
TDO
JonL_TK
shorthitter
12 posters
AuthorMessage
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

Hanks tell all book! Empty
PostSubject: Hanks tell all book!   Hanks tell all book! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:04 pm

Had to happen I guess....

http://www.newsingaporenews.com/news-daily.php?http://www.todayonline.com/Sports/EDC120109-0000084/Woods-ex-coach-dishes-the-dirt-on-Tiger

Beer
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Hanks tell all book!   Hanks tell all book! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:38 pm

Well... Now that Hank is no longer Tiger's coach... I don't know how relevant he is anymore!!!
Probably his last chance to be in spotlight before he fades into obscurity...
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Hanks tell all book!   Hanks tell all book! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:47 pm

I agree Jon, he is also selling his name to coaches online to become a "Haney Pro" . Maybe Tigers last paycheck bounced.....
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Hanks tell all book!   Hanks tell all book! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 11:05 pm

So SH... Are you gonna become a Haney "Pro"?
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Hanks tell all book!   Hanks tell all book! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 11:20 pm

Nope, the same people that cannot get coaching credentials properly seem to be buying... Wink
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Hanks tell all book!   Hanks tell all book! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:01 am

"Most of the people involved with Woods have signed a nondisclosure agreement. Haney said he signed no such thing - "I didn't even have a contract," he said - although he said the book was not intended to "take jabs at anyone."
If the book is not written to take jabs at anyone, why was it written in the first place? For financial gains? Has professionalism gone down the drain for all those who are associated with TW or for that matter simply rub shoulders with him and couldn't resist the opportunity to exploited the situation, financially. I feel sad for TW. It's already more than 2 years and people are still dwelling on it. Are these people sadist? But that's the price to pay for being a celebrity. We should all leave his private life alone. Hank Haney have made enough money from TW, so has Butch Harmon. Will Sean Foley be next, if TW decide to change his swing again?
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Hanks tell all book!   Hanks tell all book! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:25 am

a tell all book will always be something "interesting"

it more or less would give us an idea of what's the Pysche of TW

Haney & Harmon are great coaches that's why they were able to give TW result's

Falling off usually happen in Life. Just like celebrity couple's

Once happy together & then ... "Unhappy Together"

cest la vie
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Hanks tell all book!   Hanks tell all book! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:47 am

I tend to see it from a different perspective

This is a result of TW being a victim of his own fame. People who were close to him wants to leech on it to milk it. He literally become a marketing machine during his hey days. He wasnt just a professional golfer no more.

Though, i symphatise with him as a person, he should have expected this when he signed to be marketed by marketing companies. Then again his minders would have told him about what happens when the value of his image depreciates. Everyone was gasping in excitement about how much he makes on endorsements. But what we are witnessing now is the exact repucussion when a marketing icon falls.

Then again, we will never know what is going on behind the scenes. Of all you know, Hanky would have to pay a cut of royalties to TW for his book.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hanks tell all book!   Hanks tell all book! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:24 pm

hmmm TELL ALL huh!!

Contemplating on a 'Tell All' when playing with Techno....
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hanks tell all book!   Hanks tell all book! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:56 pm

its will be a book about golf and how TW evolved and improved under him.

Its like what we read from other ppl talking about Hogan only this time its not after the death of the player but after the death of an 'once in a life time' career.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Hanks tell all book!   Hanks tell all book! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:21 pm

TW reacted & made a comment

In an interview Thursday with ESPN, Woods said a new book set for release this spring, authored by former swing coach Hank Haney, was done for financial gain.

"I think it's unprofessional and very disappointing," Woods told ESPN.com, "especially because it's someone I worked with and trusted as a friend.

"There have been other one-sided books about me, and I think people understand that this book is about money. I'm not going to waste my time reading it."

That's hard to envision, since Woods reads practically everything written about him these days.

clcik here for further reading
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Hanks tell all book!   Hanks tell all book! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:25 pm

The higher they are, the harder they fall.
Back to top Go down
kwannick
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
kwannick

PostSubject: Re: Hanks tell all book!   Hanks tell all book! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:52 pm

HyBriD wrote:

"I think it's unprofessional and very disappointing," Woods told ESPN.com, "especially because it's someone I worked with and trusted as a friend.

"There have been other one-sided books about me, and I think people understand that this book is about money. I'm not going to waste my time reading it."

Should have made Hank sign a non-disclosure agreement
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Hanks tell all book!   Hanks tell all book! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:58 pm

kwannick wrote:
HyBriD wrote:

Should have made Hank sign a non-disclosure agreement

Hank's not some rookie coach so there's little chance he'll sign such an agreement.
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Hanks tell all book!   Hanks tell all book! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:59 pm

Money grab. Pure and simple. Trying to make a few more bucks off of Tiger.

Not that it is the first or last time this will ever happen to someone in the spotlight.

Self interest is not the only horse in the race, but he is a pretty good one to bet on.
Back to top Go down
getsurin
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hanks tell all book!   Hanks tell all book! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 6:21 pm

Actually I never like Hank Haney's face - has a very sly and cunning look. How come never asked permission can write a whole book about your ex-boss/client. An utter betrayal of the relationship.
Back to top Go down
Groo111
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hanks tell all book!   Hanks tell all book! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:59 pm

I agre wif TW that tis is Betrayal!
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Hanks tell all book!   Hanks tell all book! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:28 pm

Betrayal comes in all forms for rewards. And often it shows the betrayer' s level of selfishness, dignity and principle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hanks tell all book!   Hanks tell all book! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hanks tell all book!
Page 1 of 1