Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!)

Go down 
+5
jdyap
HyBriD
agnes chung
freedrop
slyster
9 posters
AuthorMessage
slyster
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
slyster

Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) Empty
PostSubject: Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!)   Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:15 am

Hi,

I will be spending a week in Cebu, Philippines on a business trip in February and am thinking of checking out their golf courses. Does anyone have experiences playing there before? Any good courses to recommend, and advice on how to go about booking a game?

Thanks!

Last edited by slyster on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!)   Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 4:27 am

Alta Vista is the only course worth playing in Cebu, unfortunately you need a member to book for you. Or try online and pay heavy walk-in prices.

The other 2 or 3 courses are like the old Sembawag, cowgrass style, although flatter.
Back to top Go down
slyster
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
slyster

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!)   Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:57 am

Freedrop, thanks for the advice Smile
Back to top Go down
agnes chung
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
agnes chung

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!)   Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:37 pm

freedrop wrote:
Alta Vista is the only course worth playing in Cebu,

There are a number of golf courses in Cebu, the Cebu country club .... alta vista, club filipino in danao, air force course to name a few.

If you are willing to pay Alta vista is open to tourist, everything in is around S$150.00 per pax, (green fee insurance, caddy fee and buggy cart) you need to bring your clubs and shoes to play.

with Cebu Country Club the amount spend is almost the same, hotel can made reservation for you, but this golf course is just 5 min from waterfront hotel taxi ride cost around S$2.00, this is were the elite in cebu play.... facilities are made for the elite, the mango crepe at the resto...wah! heaven... can find it anywhere.

For Club Filipino located at Danao area taxi will cost S$42.00 everything in at the club is around S$100.00, here you play in uneven plain,sand trap is really a trap, club facility ..... not so ok... just like the cheap courses at JB.

then the cheapest is Andrew airbase just opposite of the airport, well this is just a flat course with mystery inside, everything in is just under S$100.00 but as a military course... do not expect too much the facility are spartan type.

and lastly the caddy expect a little tipping at the end of the game.... we would normally gave them S$6.00 after the game.
Back to top Go down
http://agneschung.blogspot.com/
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!)   Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:52 pm

My wife, Agnes, who posted before me have played @ Andrew Air Force or now known more as

Mactan Island Golf Club. Its a Long cow grass fairway. But improvements on the fairway has been done. So its not plain flat fairway anymore.

The challenge will be @ the Back 9 .

Lastly, the nearest Golf club within the city would be Cebu Country Club. ( We havent played there becoz its a private course ) But the most Beautiful Golf course would be at Alta Vista.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
jdyap
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!)   Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:06 am

I just played at the Mactan Island Golf Club this afternoon (also referred to as Air Force Base golf course above). Learned a few things along the way...

- The phone number in some forums may be wrong. I managed to contact them to confirm slots at +63 32 340 8598 and +63 32 340 7719.

- First 9 was easier than the Back 9. Watch out for Hole 15...reminds me of SG's Marina Bay Golf Course's Hole 13.

- Grounds can get muddy after some rain...and it's not really all golf terrain. Some parts look like a typical country field.

- Lots of mini streams to prevent "rollers" from travelling too far.

- Pro shop sells second hand balls for SGD 3 (PHP 100) for half a dozen. Limited selection but may be worth getting if you don't want to waste anything. They also have a lot of old sets on display for sale...reminds me of a museum as some of the designs of the clubs are from a decade or two ago.

More info can be found in this link by a Cebu tourism site - http://cebulifestyles.com/2010/08/16/golfing-in-cebu/

You will note that there's a price discrimination against foreigners...requiring them to get a golf cart or other stuff. It seems to be the practice here.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!)   Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 10:29 am

I will never play Mactan Island GC again. It's probably the worst golf course I have ever played.

Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!)   Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 10:51 am

slyster wrote:
Hi,

I will be spending a week in Cebu, Philippines on a business trip in February and am thinking of checking out their golf courses. Does anyone have experiences playing there before? Any good courses to recommend, and advice on how to go about booking a game?

Thanks!

Hi slyster, i had played in Alta Vista and Cebu CC before.

I miss Alta Vista a lot! Very nice place, bring along your camera.

Cebu CC is like any JB courses u can find in M'sia.

But since you are there, y not golf in these two places n give us an updates?

Happy New Year!
Back to top Go down
slyster
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
slyster

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!)   Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:47 pm

Thanks guys for the advice! Smile

Will make a point to visit Alta Vista.... is advanced booking required, or can I just call up the club when I arrive?

Gong Xi Fa Cai to all!!!
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!)   Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 1:26 pm

slyster wrote:
Thanks guys for the advice! Smile

Will make a point to visit Alta Vista.... is advanced booking required, or can I just call up the club when I arrive?

Gong Xi Fa Cai to all!!!

enjoy

maybe some day you could try one more golf course
which has a PAR 6

havent tried it but my wife will try it some day
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
slyster
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
slyster

PostSubject: Photos of Alta Vista Golf Course   Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Played at the Alta Vista course today. As many bros said in this thread, the course is really beautiful. Not the longest, but it is hilly, has tight fairways and small greens which makes it challenging. Have attached some photos taken. Enjoy the scenery!

Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) Imag0214rev

Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) Imag0212rev

Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) Imag0210rev

Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) Imag0208rev

Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) Imag0207rev

Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) Imag0206rev
Back to top Go down
Sammer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Sammer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!)   Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Really looks nice!
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!)   Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 11:40 am

Shangri-la has its own 6 hole golf course. Only for hotel guests. So if you are staying there,you can practice your short game before the full games.
Back to top Go down
edgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!)   Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 9:37 am

Am planning a trip to Cebu this coming early Oct and find the above comments interesting.... thanks for sharing !!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!)   Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf in Cebu Philippines (Photos added!!)
Page 1 of 1