Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tiger Woods PGA 09

Go down 
+4
rocky
S70B
Technospaz
mervyntan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

Tiger Woods PGA 09 Empty
PostSubject: Tiger Woods PGA 09   Tiger Woods PGA 09 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:51 pm

hello hello,

how many of you guys out there play this tiger woods pga 09, be it on xbox, ps3, wii, or whatever thingamajig u might have?

just got this game today and i have spent my whole afternoon fruitfully grinding this game.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Tiger Woods PGA 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods PGA 09   Tiger Woods PGA 09 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:26 pm

I play TW PGA 10 on my Wii. Love it!
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

Tiger Woods PGA 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods PGA 09   Tiger Woods PGA 09 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:39 pm

is the wiii controller responsive at all? like does it actually translate the speed of your swing with the speed of the in-game avatar?

i like that u actually have to maintain quite good rhythm on the controllers to actually hit the ball well, and it gives a rather realistic feel.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Tiger Woods PGA 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods PGA 09   Tiger Woods PGA 09 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:43 pm

Yes, it's actually very responsive. Plus, TW 10 uses the Wii's motionplus technology which means that movement is more sensitive and you can move the club on the x, y and z axis. This gives you almost "real" gameplay. Very interesting and certainly, addictive.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

Tiger Woods PGA 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods PGA 09   Tiger Woods PGA 09 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:46 pm

hmm sounds good. i wouldn't get a wii though. vehemently against the wii. haha.. i was wishing that they'd invent a motion stick for the PS3 for the game though.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Tiger Woods PGA 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods PGA 09   Tiger Woods PGA 09 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:53 pm

I've got the TW 2010 on 360 back in Sg but I got a Wii console here which I'm considering to get the game too.

There was news that 360 has invented an add on motion box that senses you only and no controllers are required. We'll see how that works out.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

Tiger Woods PGA 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods PGA 09   Tiger Woods PGA 09 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 12:21 am

S70B: Wii has the Motion Plus designed and tested for PGA 2010. If you have seen the videos of the tests, they were fantastic. You can simulate 1/2 swing, 3/4 swing and full swing. It blew me away. I think the 360 version is quite unfinished. I saw the video and found many flaws. Well, in time to come, it might be the next generation for gaming.

MT: I've been playing PGA 09 and PGA 10. Graphics are good but there are some bugs here and there. I think there isn't much difference between 2010 and 2009 except for the putting. The rest is pretty much the same. Enjoy it!

EA Sports is actually doing an Online Multiplayer version of this. I was testing it and I must say it's impressive. You can play it anywhere, at home, in the office, whatever. And the performance is not laggy.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

Tiger Woods PGA 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods PGA 09   Tiger Woods PGA 09 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 12:27 am

crap, u mean there is a 2010?? lucky i bought the 09 for like $20.. haha.. i thought 09 was like the latest version.
Back to top Go down
Airwave
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Airwave

Tiger Woods PGA 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods PGA 09   Tiger Woods PGA 09 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 12:34 am

I am playing TW 09 on my PS3. Hoping to get TW10 soon but now very broke.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

Tiger Woods PGA 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods PGA 09   Tiger Woods PGA 09 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 12:35 am

the putting on TW09 is abit weird.. can u get used to it??
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Tiger Woods PGA 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods PGA 09   Tiger Woods PGA 09 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 1:25 am

MT, get 2010.

Wii here is cheap. I got it for USD$229 and a Wii Board for USD$89. Right now, the missus is busy using it for her Ravin Rabbids and Mario & Sonic Olympics.
Back to top Go down
joe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
joe

Tiger Woods PGA 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods PGA 09   Tiger Woods PGA 09 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:55 am

Airwave wrote:
I am playing TW 09 on my PS3. Hoping to get TW10 soon but now very broke.

Is TW10 out in stores alr? Any idea what the cost is?

Sorry haven't been following the gaming scene for a while.
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

Tiger Woods PGA 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods PGA 09   Tiger Woods PGA 09 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:59 pm

I play 'World Golf Tour' it's easy and web-based.

For each course, over 100,000 actual photos were taken.

www.wgt.com

Can even win real prizes like trips to major championships.

Has virtual pro-shop and awards virtual trophies for various scores and feats.

I got a hole in one (ace) once.

Some courses are not available for players from Asian, but the ones that are available inlcude St Andrews, Bethpage Black, Lake Tahoe, etc. for the 'closest to pin' monthly contests.

Besides the beautiful graphics (actual photography, only the player is a 3D vector graphic), it is great for learning course management skills.

Setup and play are easier than all the configuration and instructions of computer/gamebox games.

If only I could really play as a well as when I am playing the online game. It is even endorsed by the USGA and PGA Tour.

CK
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

Tiger Woods PGA 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods PGA 09   Tiger Woods PGA 09 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:18 pm

clarencekim wrote:
I play 'World Golf Tour' it's easy and web-based.

For each course, over 100,000 actual photos were taken.

www.wgt.com

Can even win real prizes like trips to major championships.

Has virtual pro-shop and awards virtual trophies for various scores and feats.

I got a hole in one (ace) once.

Some courses are not available for players from Asian, but the ones that are available inlcude St Andrews, Bethpage Black, Lake Tahoe, etc. for the 'closest to pin' monthly contests.

Besides the beautiful graphics (actual photography, only the player is a 3D vector graphic), it is great for learning course management skills.

Setup and play are easier than all the configuration and instructions of computer/gamebox games.

If only I could really play as a well as when I am playing the online game. It is even endorsed by the USGA and PGA Tour.

CK

Wah bro... this game is addictive man... i just registered 30min ago and i am still on it. The sound of a good chip of the wedge and the ball landing on the soft greens is quite pleasurable leh.

Win more tournaments can buy more equipment? I dun like my ball and my driver (220 yards only!?!? WTF)

Can play with you ?? hehe
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

Tiger Woods PGA 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods PGA 09   Tiger Woods PGA 09 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:02 pm

Neber tried matchplay or teams--dunno is players allowed outside the US (time zone and lag problems?)

The game is focused for USA players. Also the game lags in Asia when heavy local traffic hits the Internet after about 9pm.

Everibodi starts as a Hack and moves up the ranks (Amateur, Pro, etc) after getting betters scores and winning official online competitions.

I am now Amateur status but using the same equipment I started with as a Hack. Yes, better clubs and balls will get you further distances and more accuracy.

Let me know what to configure for multiple opponent games and we can play sometime--in person also can sometime.

But I am much better playing virtual golf than real golf.

CK
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

Tiger Woods PGA 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods PGA 09   Tiger Woods PGA 09 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:14 pm

clarencekim wrote:
Neber tried matchplay or teams--dunno is players allowed outside the US (time zone and lag problems?)

The game is focused for USA players. Also the game lags in Asia when heavy local traffic hits the Internet after about 9pm.

Everibodi starts as a Hack and moves up the ranks (Amateur, Pro, etc) after getting betters scores and winning official online competitions.

I am now Amateur status but using the same equipment I started with as a Hack. Yes, better clubs and balls will get you further distances and more accuracy.

Let me know what to configure for multiple opponent games and we can play sometime--in person also can sometime.

But I am much better playing virtual golf than real golf.

CK

Cool! I just finsihed my first game! got a 92...bsk... A lot of double boogeys... like in real life...

But its quite cute... just like in real life, in the game my chipping nad putting sucks!

HAHEHHE
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

Tiger Woods PGA 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods PGA 09   Tiger Woods PGA 09 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:38 am

At one time my scores at WGT medal play games was exactly the same as my real golf scores--100 - 107.

Yes, the extra strokes were SHORT GAME issues just like when I play on a real course. My driving accuracy is around 80% cos I dun hit far--200 - 230 yards approx.

But lately my online scores (88 - 95) are much better than my real life golf scores (98 -105).

I learned from the online game (which is born out in actual play) that I better learn how to score better from 100 metres in, rather than just try to bomb the ball 200+ yards.

And excellent putting skills (no more than 2 putts per green) is essential to lower scores also.

CK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tiger Woods PGA 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods PGA 09   Tiger Woods PGA 09 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiger Woods PGA 09
Page 1 of 1