Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shave off shots by being tactically sound

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

Shave off shots by being tactically sound Empty
PostSubject: Shave off shots by being tactically sound   Shave off shots by being tactically sound I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 11:48 am

'I played so much better than my score today'. Familiar with that phrase? It's all too common a feeling to walk of a course knowing that you could have shot several shots less than what the scorecard says.

It's fascinating how the golfing culture's focus base is very much on technique and equipment. It seems the common solution for poor scores are either purchasing new clubs or to seek technical advice.Therefore the tactical aspect of golf along with the physical and mental aspect are often neglected.

Therefore it's no surprise many of us walk off the course reflecting on our technical and equipment flaws rather than considering poor decision making that could be the cause of a messed up round. It seems poor scores are always the case of poor putting,driving, iron play or any facet of the golf game that has seemed to crumble or disappear during the round of golf.

So how can we be master tacticians of our golf game?
Here are a few tips that will help:
1. Assess the situation and pick a specific target
2. Acknowledge your technical ability and only play shots that you are confident of executing
3. Play percentage shots. When to make an aggressive play and when to be defensive.
4. Focus on the things that you can control( thoughts,emotions, set-up) and accept the good and bad shots.
5. Learn to improvise.Eg: Don't just keep hitting it in the left trees all day. If that's the case then pick a target right of your intended target and trust your swing.

Plot your round of golf to the best of your ability and you might just play to it.

Back to top Go down
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Shave off shots by being tactically sound   Shave off shots by being tactically sound I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 3:45 pm

good write up.
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Shave off shots by being tactically sound   Shave off shots by being tactically sound I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:47 pm

Great Post!

It is always the temptation... imagine you had a good drive, left with 200m for 2 ON for par 5.... you never get eagle before.... you would like to try your 3 wood for 2 ON.... at the end.... slice right to the water....

But then again, if you don't try you may think that you could have gotten an eagle if your shot was good.... You practice so hard on the range, if you don't practice on the course, when will you do it?

It's all in the mind... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
gomjgo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Shave off shots by being tactically sound   Shave off shots by being tactically sound I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:01 pm

If you need to practice shot making on the course, don't think about score.

If you want to play good score, then the first post make sense. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shave off shots by being tactically sound   Shave off shots by being tactically sound I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shave off shots by being tactically sound
Page 1 of 1