Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver?

Go down 
+3
Technospaz
Cyp_PGA
yanguei
7 posters
AuthorMessage
yanguei
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver? Empty
PostSubject: Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver?   Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:07 am

Hi

My wife was enjoying her PRGR Sweep. The entire irons (including wedges), hybrids, wood and driver are of the same shaft. Comparing to her previous set, she is now playing better because she just to have to learn on shaft behavior.

I went around looking at men's set. I did not come across such option. Need to custom made?

Anyone done that before?

regards
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver?   Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 6:44 am

you shouldn't have the same shaft from wedge to driver . it will create inconsistency on your iron play and wedge as the stiffness and kick point should be different . you wedge & iron shaft should be between 130g - 80g ( i think). hybrid between 70 - 100 g , driver & fairway between 50g to 80g
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver?   Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 7:20 am

I think for most full sets, the shaft may appear similar but the weight would be different between the categories of clubs.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver?   Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 4:48 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:
you shouldn't have the same shaft from wedge to driver . it will create inconsistency on your iron play and wedge as the stiffness and kick point should be different . you wedge & iron shaft should be between 130g - 80g ( i think). hybrid between 70 - 100 g , driver & fairway between 50g to 80g

I Second the motion.

Adding to what has been said. There are some "Young Ones" Aged 40s to 60s who have been using a mixed shaft.

For long irons, they used graphite and then they used 80gram shaft for 7 to 9i
and 100grams for Pw to Sw

They do not find it hard to play it because their swing has been consistent
due to playing more than 20years or more
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
yanguei
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver?   Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 11:07 pm

Hi

yeah..the weight has to be different from driver to wedge. however, is there a shaft, while lighter in wood, but heavier in iron have the same feel throughout the set. I have no problem even with mid high kick point for wood as I tends to launch everything too high..
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver?   Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 11:13 pm

Nunchuk Shaft... 1 weight shaft that supposedly works Driver, Fairway Woods & Hybrids.
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver?   Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 2:28 am

I think you can try making an appt with one of the local club fitters like Jeff at Mizuno. I think they can help customize your clubs to whatever specs your interested in. Heard the other day some guy ordered an 8.5 driver with a regular flex! Skys the limit!
Back to top Go down
yanguei
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver?   Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:08 pm

Bangla123 wrote:
I think you can try making an appt with one of the local club fitters like Jeff at Mizuno. I think they can help customize your clubs to whatever specs your interested in. Heard the other day some guy ordered an 8.5 driver with a regular flex! Skys the limit!

Thanks for the info. Will check that out.
btw, I also happened to use a 8.5 driver with regular flex... silent
Back to top Go down
golfnut
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfnut

PostSubject: Re: Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver?   Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:12 pm

It does not mean the shafts worked well on your wife does the same on you. Smile
Back to top Go down
yanguei
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver?   Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:34 pm

golfnut wrote:
It does not mean the shafts worked well on your wife does the same on you. Smile
I don't mean to use her pinky soft shaft lah... I am looking for the same concept..

BTW, the Tourstage PHYZ series look to have the same shaft throughout the sets....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver?   Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Same shaft for irons, hybrids, woods and driver?
Page 1 of 1