Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thinking about joining the Asian PGA tour

Go down 
+2
pushslice
Duval_S
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Thinking about joining the Asian PGA tour Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about joining the Asian PGA tour   Thinking about joining the Asian PGA tour I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:07 am

Heard fm one of the commentators thru TV, that the Asian tour is considering the removal of Q-school...

and instead, all aspiring tour members to the Asian tour will have to win their spots thru the Asian Developement Tour

I support that......

what say you?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about joining the Asian PGA tour   Thinking about joining the Asian PGA tour I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:12 am

I wanna see Rory Hie be sucessful on the tour. 230m people, no good pro golfer. Siao!
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about joining the Asian PGA tour   Thinking about joining the Asian PGA tour I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:15 am

PS, why don't you step up then rather than counting on someone else.. hehehe.. j/k Smile

Duval, for a moment I thought you were going to join the Pro Shocked
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about joining the Asian PGA tour   Thinking about joining the Asian PGA tour I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:18 am

I can compete at TARKAM level Laughing
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about joining the Asian PGA tour   Thinking about joining the Asian PGA tour I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Heard fm one of the commentators thru TV, that the Asian tour is considering the removal of Q-school...

and instead, all aspiring tour members to the Asian tour will have to win their spots thru the Asian Developement Tour

I support that......

what say you?

I think its gonna be pretty tough for the organizer if they removed "Q" school.

There are millions of aspiring Golfers who want to play internationally....

The lure of Big $$$ makes every aspring Class A player to dream of being a Golf Pro.

Q school is set up to dissect the mediocre class A player from the Class A player.

If they will removed it then, I think the organizer is just there to earn "money" from entrance fee from Pro Golfers who hope to play well and end up in the "List"
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about joining the Asian PGA tour   Thinking about joining the Asian PGA tour I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 4:32 pm

HyBriD wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

I support that......

what say you?

I think its gonna be pretty tough for the organizer if they removed "Q" school.

There are millions of aspiring Golfers who want to play internationally....

The lure of Big $$$ makes every aspring Class A player to dream of being a Golf Pro.

Q school is set up to dissect the mediocre class A player from the Class A player.

If they will removed it then, I think the organizer is just there to earn "money" from entrance fee from Pro Golfers who hope to play well and end up in the "List"

I think that was the whole idea Paul.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about joining the Asian PGA tour   Thinking about joining the Asian PGA tour I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 4:37 pm

Well if this push through then the Asian PGA would be a "Milking cow" for all Asian Tour aspirants
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about joining the Asian PGA tour   Thinking about joining the Asian PGA tour I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Asian Tour had just announced details of 2012 Q school...

2012 Q-SCHOOL DATES AND VENUES CONFIRMED

Kuala Lumpur, October 12: The 2012 Asian Tour Qualifying School, presented by Sports Authority of Thailand, will take place over three courses in Hua Hin, Thailand next January, 2012.

The First Stage will be played from January 11 to 14, 2012 at three venues – the Imperial Lakeview Golf Club, Springfield Royal Country Club and Majestic Creek Golf and Resort.

Subsequently, the all important Final Stage will be held from January 18 to 21 at the Springfield Royal Country Club and Imperial Lakeview where the top-40 and ties will earn playing rights for the 2012 Asian Tour season.

The Entry Form for the Qualifying School is available on www.asiantour.com. Closing date for entries is December 28, 2011.

Asian Tour Executive Chairman Kyi Hla Han said: “The Qualifying School is one of the most important events on our calendar as it determines if a golfer has a Tour card or not for the 2012 season.

“Over the years, we’ve seen many stars coming through the Qualifying School and it has been no different this season with American Berry Henson and Finland’s Joonas Grandberg winning on the Asian Tour in their rookie season.

“Additionally, the Qualifying School will also enable upcoming players the opportunity to compete on our secondary circuit, the Asian Development Tour. The ADT has grown to eight tournaments in our second season this year and another Qualifying School graduate, American Jonathan Moore, recently won the Order of Merit to secure himself an Asian Tour card for 2012.

“This shows the importance of the Qualifying School and we are anticipating a strong turnout of international players from all over the world in January.”

The Asian Tour, which is the official sanctioning body for professional golf in Asia, has launched the careers of regional and international stars through a solid Schedule of events which provides playing opportunities and career enhancements.

Players who played in the Qualifying School are also eligible to play in the Asian Development Tour, which affords the top three players on the Order of Merit Tour cards in the following year.

Asia’s greatest success story can be seen through the terrific rise of Thongchai Jaidee, who joined the Tour in 1999 from Qualifying School. The Thai star has won an unprecedented three Order of Merit crowns and 13 titles worth over US$4 million in career earnings.

Reigning Asian Tour number one Noh Seung-yul of Korea, Asia’s youngest ever Order of Merit winner, is also a graduate from the Qualifying School in 2008. He is now a two-time winner in Asia.

This year, rookies Henson and Granberg, who earned their Tour cards in Qualifying School, won their maiden Asian Tour titles at the ICTS Philippine Open and Worldwide Holdings Selangor Masters respectively and their careers have continued to be on the upswing as they now have a two-year winner’s exemption to play in Asia’s most prestigious and lucrative golf tournaments.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about joining the Asian PGA tour   Thinking about joining the Asian PGA tour I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking about joining the Asian PGA tour
Page 1 of 1