Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Determining the weight and specifications of a hybrid shaft

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Joshua

Determining the weight and specifications of a hybrid shaft Empty
PostSubject: Determining the weight and specifications of a hybrid shaft   Determining the weight and specifications of a hybrid shaft I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Would like to seek the opinion of fellow hybrid club users on the selection criteria for hybrid shafts. (e.g 65/85/110g)

I understand that 3 wood should be heavier than driver. Should the hybrid play close to the shaft weight of the iron (e.g 3i or 4i) that I am replacing?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Determining the weight and specifications of a hybrid shaft   Determining the weight and specifications of a hybrid shaft I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 3:51 pm

Joshua wrote:
Would like to seek the opinion of fellow hybrid club users on the selection criteria for hybrid shafts. (e.g 65/85/110g)

I understand that 3 wood should be heavier than driver. Should the hybrid play close to the shaft weight of the iron (e.g 3i or 4i) that I am replacing?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Hey Joshua,

Let me just share my opinion.

I think no one will used a 110 gram shaft weight, be it steel or graphite.
Even the Americans Pro's do not used steel shaft. They commonly used Graphite shaft to achieve the distanced they so seek.

The average Hybrid shaft's on the market range between 65 to 70 grams, with either D2 to D4 in shaft frequency.

TaylorMade/ Cleveland uses 65 grams in their S flex OEM shaft and 65 to 70gram are used by Callaway's

I believe you want to feel "the weight of your club head...3H, 4H... when you make a back swing on top. And this can only be felt if you have this shaft weight.

If your going to used a 100 to 110 gram steel shaft. Well, you may feel the weight but the distance will be a shorter in distance.

Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Joshua

PostSubject: Re: Determining the weight and specifications of a hybrid shaft   Determining the weight and specifications of a hybrid shaft I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:24 pm

Hi Hybrid,

So whats the shaft weight on your hybrids and how much does it differs against your driver/woods ?

Smile
Back to top Go down
andrewlee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
andrewlee

PostSubject: Re: Determining the weight and specifications of a hybrid shaft   Determining the weight and specifications of a hybrid shaft I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 7:57 pm

Actually I also want to know the answer as my 3H (TM) is lighter than my driver and 3 wood.

Driver - 66g
3 wood - 70g
3 Hybrid - 65g
Irons - 95g

Anything wrong with my 3H weight?

Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Determining the weight and specifications of a hybrid shaft   Determining the weight and specifications of a hybrid shaft I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:57 pm

andrewlee wrote:

Actually I also want to know the answer as my 3H (TM) is lighter than my driver and 3 wood.

Driver - 66g
3 wood - 70g
3 Hybrid - 65g
Irons - 95g

Anything wrong with my 3H weight?

interesting question...total weight is more important as it gives a consistency and progressive weighting so that you do not have to change your tempo for a club thats sitting in between.

Typically....although different brand has different head weights +/- 5g

Driver - head 200g, shaft 66, grip 50 = 316g
3 wood - head 212, shaft 70, grip 50 = 332g
3 hybrid - head 230, shaft 65, grip 50 = 345g
irons (lets use a 5 iron) - head 255g, shaft 95, grip 50 = 395g

if you were to plot a graph, the 3 hybrid can be a tad heavier with say a 75 to 85g shaft to achieve better consistency in weight progression.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TITW

PostSubject: Re: Determining the weight and specifications of a hybrid shaft   Determining the weight and specifications of a hybrid shaft I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:29 pm

Dear DGMan

Interesting post by you.

In your opinion then, is total weight more important than swing weight then in matching clubs for a set? Would using cpm (somewhat intertwined with swing weight) be a much better way to build a set? What is your perspective to this issue? Am curious and hoping to learn something here..

Thank you for your insight in advance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Determining the weight and specifications of a hybrid shaft   Determining the weight and specifications of a hybrid shaft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Determining the weight and specifications of a hybrid shaft
Page 1 of 1