Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?

Go down 
+9
who8168
feizz
Uncle Lau
Roystonnn
watermyforrest
tronos
Technospaz
Lamts18
Duval_S
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? Empty
PostSubject: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:16 am

For me, it is the chipping / pitching....totally lost the feel...most times I over-hit/swing...or some folks call me 'changkul-ing'...
Last game, totally lost feel....ball zoom past the hole (proper t lost gauge feel) chip and at times even end up further than my original position b4 chipping
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:43 am

For me , its everything .... so must try to swing everyday just to get the feel ....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:55 am

Duval_S wrote:
For me, it is the chipping / pitching....totally lost the feel...most times I over-hit/swing...or some folks call me 'changkul-ing'...
Last game, totally lost feel....ball zoom past the hole (proper t lost gauge feel) chip and at times even end up further than my original position b4 chipping

Same. For me, it's the <100m shots and the 5i/4i shots.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:02 am

flop shot...somehow i always play the flop shot during my game even if i almost never pull it off.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:23 am

tronos wrote:
flop shot...somehow i always play the flop shot during my game even if i almost never pull it off.

You can practice a flop shot at the range provided that the range mats are in good condition (fluffy). If they are hard, then it's tough to simulate the environment suitable for a flop shot. IMHO.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:00 am

My driver will invite lots of monkeys with those bananas.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:25 am

watermyforrest wrote:

Haha. I've learned that power-fades are now part of my drives. Rather than getting frustrated, I was advised by my Guru DS to "embrace it" Smile
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:39 am

Same for me...
Will lost feel for 35-65m range.

Driver... it cun go any worse.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:31 pm

For me...just lost more ball lor ! Than after a few more holes i could recover abit and best score towards the last 3 to 4 holes ! pig So Kukup is the ideal place for me, got 36 holes to recover and range at the same time !

Kukup anyone ???

cat
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:03 pm

OK....so what happen after I realized what is not working le?

phase#1: I go into Dreamy-la-la land: Look at my scorecard..and rationalize that if I did not do that, and if I did not did that or if i had done that...or if I just use my cow sense...my score will be....'WAH'....macam pro liao

Phase #2: Sanity sets in....including reality of coz....stand infront of mirror simulating my chip....sometime accidentally kok onto the marble floor...then chiak lak liao....CO scream like siao...but nowadays, practise on carpet

Phase #3: convince myself that I had 'practised' enough...ready for next game....look for kaki....and play next game..

Phase #4: After game.....repeat phase #1 - #3 ......sigh....my golf life.....
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:30 pm

Duval_S wrote:
OK....so what happen after I realized what is not working le?

phase#1: I go into Dreamy-la-la land: Look at my scorecard..and rationalize that if I did not do that, and if I did not did that or if i had done that...or if I just use my cow sense...my score will be....'WAH'....macam pro liao

Phase #2: Sanity sets in....including reality of coz....stand infront of mirror simulating my chip....sometime accidentally kok onto the marble floor...then chiak lak liao....CO scream like siao...but nowadays, practise on carpet

Phase #3: convince myself that I had 'practised' enough...ready for next game....look for kaki....and play next game..

Phase #4: After game.....repeat phase #1 - #3 ......sigh....my golf life.....

Bro DS....if iwere you i just WHACKED that damn ball ! Don't Think....JUST Do IT ! ( Paiseh that Nike motto ads )

Beer
Back to top Go down
feizz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:31 pm

watermyforrest wrote:

Mine is the opposite, my driver will makes those monkeys, sometimes the whole clans move from their homes. kekeke
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:54 pm

feizz wrote:

Mine is the opposite, my driver will makes those monkeys, sometimes the whole clans move from their homes. kekeke

Ah so you are a hook-er then... will invite lots of guys instead hehehe...

Disclaimer: the statement above was meant as a joke, any association with inappropriate behaviour or real life situation is merely coincidental.
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:55 pm

First thing that suffer is driver, followed by my short game - pitching & chipping.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 4:19 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
For me...just lost more ball lor ! Than after a few more holes i could recover abit and best score towards the last 3 to 4 holes ! pig So Kukup is the ideal place for me, got 36 holes to recover and range at the same time !

Kukup anyone ???

cat

Plobrem is my last few holes, wrist & arms lembeh already....
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:49 pm

My problem if i dun practice - I'll come over the top, inside out swing and all balls will go right... way right.

Those unfortunate ones who will share the same flight as me at the monthly game, you all better watch out because it'll be a whole month where I wouldn't have touched my clubs. You've been forewarned.
Back to top Go down
JL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JL

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:25 pm

EVERYTHING GOES WRONG!!!!!! confidence flow away like water.. ha
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 7:02 am

JL wrote:

How often do you practise at the range, JL? And, how many balls do you whack?
Back to top Go down
JL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JL

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:34 am

[quote="Technospaz"]
JL wrote:

My official training is Tuesday and Thursdays. Monday dont train cos its maintainence day.. WIll hit balls on wednesday Friday
Sunday.. as well.

normally 80 balls take me 1 hour or more.. So... I normally hit 80 balls if i am in a hurry. or if I am striking it well..
If working on drills n stuff I will se about 160 balls. which normally takes me forever to finish
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:56 am

JL wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
JL wrote:

My official training is Tuesday and Thursdays. Monday dont train cos its maintainence day.. WIll hit balls on wednesday Friday
Sunday.. as well.

normally 80 balls take me 1 hour or more.. So... I normally hit 80 balls if i am in a hurry. or if I am striking it well..
If working on drills n stuff I will se about 160 balls. which normally takes me forever to finish

I like your routine. Rather than going for quantity, you focus on improving quality. Thanks, JL! Smile
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 11:56 am

JL wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
JL wrote:

Sunday.. as well.

Which range u normally go ?
Back to top Go down
JL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JL

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 6:34 pm

I normallly go Seletar =) cos i work here mah duh~~
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 6:48 pm

I have this unfounded feeling that there will be increase in visitors to seletar pretty soon.......PS: I will be one of them...specifically on the 2 days....
Back to top Go down
JL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JL

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 7:03 pm

which 2 days?
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 7:22 pm

monday and saturday, cos u not training mah Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?   Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which part of your golf game suffers if you don go range/training?
Page 1 of 1