Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Driver heads

Go down 
+9
acidic88
weesern
pocketace
simoner
Khorkar
silverhex
slinger
asahi
etsk22
13 posters
AuthorMessage
etsk22
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
etsk22

Driver heads Empty
PostSubject: Driver heads   Driver heads I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 5:11 pm

Hi All,

I've just gotten a .355 hose diameter shaft and hopes to get a good driver head for shaft.

My drives are about 200m but has a very high flight despite using 9degree drivers. Thot of changing to a 8.5degree to lower the flight.

Appreciate if any good bros give good advice or suggestions on good driver heads available in the market that's suitable.

Thanks for helping. Have a great weekend.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Driver heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driver heads   Driver heads I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 5:17 pm

You meant .35 I supposed?

Anyway, perhaps you may want to check on the launch characteristic of your shaft.
Methinks it is that shaft that determines the launch of your tee off i.e. get a low launching shaft to solve your problem.

Back to top Go down
etsk22
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
etsk22

Driver heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driver heads   Driver heads I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 5:42 pm

thanks for the response. Didn't know shafts have low or high launch as most of my driver shots looks pretty much the same with a few different drivers that I had.

thot there's only difference between the low and mid kick point thing. Will check it out.

:-)
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Driver heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driver heads   Driver heads I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 6:04 pm

i got 1 Ping G2 8.5 on a Proto K shaft....

u are welcome to try it....

i can pass to u.... but u need to come pick up from me in the west
Back to top Go down
silverhex
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Driver heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driver heads   Driver heads I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:12 am

the tip diameter doesnt matter at all. its just the size to buy shafts. if you want to bring your ball flight down lower, you got to get a high kick point shaft. i think that would be better rather then changing your clubhead.

the best is change the swing lol!
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Driver heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driver heads   Driver heads I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:50 am

What is the shaft brand, model and specs? Where and how much was the tipping?
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

Driver heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driver heads   Driver heads I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 6:43 am

etsk22 wrote:
Hi All,

I've just gotten a .355 hose diameter shaft and hopes to get a good driver head for shaft.

My drives are about 200m but has a very high flight despite using 9degree drivers. Thot of changing to a 8.5degree to lower the flight.

Appreciate if any good bros give good advice or suggestions on good driver heads available in the market that's suitable.

Thanks for helping. Have a great weekend.

Cheers.

Going to 8.5* head might not solve your problem. Best go to see a club fitter. My drives used to be quite high too and I changed to use 9.5* drivers. It did come down a bit but still lack distance.

Later I found out that my spin rate was very high due to the way I hit the ball and the 9.5* head didn't help the problem.

I have since change to use a 10.5* Ping G15 driver last year and am happy with the launch, control and distance of my drives.

This is just my 2 cents worth Smile
Back to top Go down
etsk22
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
etsk22

Driver heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driver heads   Driver heads I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 10:19 am

I have used Graffalloy, UST and quite a number of stock shafts. All seems to give me a high flight launch. am switching to Graman G70. Don't really know about the specs except most are
stiff shafts abt 60+grams.

Was surprised to know that going to a higher degree actually solves simoner"s problem.

On club fitter, I've seen 2 but they gave me rather different feedbacks. One told me things are ok with my current specs but the other told me to go for heavier shafts. Tried both but nothing seems to improve.

I am quite perplexed as my strikes are quite solid (usually manage to get the sweet spot). But when it comes to driving down the fairway, a regular khakis of mine who has a short swing sometimes gets the ball longer than me or always about the same distance. The only observation is that my ball flight is very high. Hence, quite confused about e whole issue.

The natural solution is to go for a lower degree head.

Thanks for the advice. Will explore more options and perhaps share with all when I finally get the problem solved.

Meanwhile, do keep the suggestions coming.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Driver heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driver heads   Driver heads I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:49 am

Have u tried seeing a golf pro to check out ur swing since u tried quite a few permutations in terms of equipment?

Dun take it the wrong way bro, but at times it could be down to the way u swing (maybe too steep? Perhaps a Draw ball flight can helps) or it's down to swing speed.
Back to top Go down
etsk22
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
etsk22

Driver heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driver heads   Driver heads I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:30 pm

Yes, have been working with a pro on my swing for some time.

Didnt have much comments about the swing from pro. So I guess swing is not e main issue though.

On top of that, he also commented on my unusual high flight. Hence, suggesting me to try lower lofts drivers.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

Driver heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driver heads   Driver heads I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:45 pm

i think for simoner its the adjustment of the swing that lower the flight rather than equipment. Do you have the spin rate for your driver?
Back to top Go down
etsk22
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
etsk22

Driver heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driver heads   Driver heads I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:30 pm

not really. seriously never knew golf had so much things to be aware of.. :-)

I think i will go to another fitter to get the info and see the recommended fit.

lets see whats the conclusion.

Have a great sunday.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
acidic88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Driver heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driver heads   Driver heads I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 12:11 am

Personally, I will try tee-ing the ball lower and see how it goes. I tee mine less than 1/2 ball above the driver head.
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

Driver heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driver heads   Driver heads I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:25 pm

yes.. golf is one complicated game with too many things to consider hahaha.

everyone has a different swing and therefore will have different ball flights or trajectory. changing the driver to a lower degree might not solve ur problem. and neither will changing ur shaft. u might have a steeper angle of attack on ur downswing that causes the ball to shoot up into the air.

bare in mind.. a shorter swing doesn't really mean shorter hitter. its all about how fast the clubhead moves across the ball at impact.

i can hit a 3/4 shot as long as my full swing.

i believe strongly in seeing a club fitter. esp those with trackman. so u can monitor ur swing speed and ball trajectory. try out diff shafts at the fitters.. if that still change, u may have to look at ur angle of attack. or like wat bro acidic88 suggested.. tee ur ball slightly lower.

gd luck
Back to top Go down
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Driver heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driver heads   Driver heads I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:33 pm

Tee the ball lower, place the ball more backward. But changing swing will be affect more in ball flight. I used to have very high ball flight as i tends to swing upwards and finish high. Till i swing more round the body, the ball flight comes down.
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

Driver heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driver heads   Driver heads I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 5:48 pm

well, if you need a shaft to lower your ball flight, try a mitsubishi diamana whiteboard... very high kick point shaft...
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

Driver heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driver heads   Driver heads I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 3:22 pm

Hey,

just wanna add something....

lowering your ball flight can be achieved by 3 things....

the most common answer would be to changed shaft. But sometimes shaft can reduced distanced.

Using a tour ball can helped lower your ball flight

and one more way is to changed how you attacked the ball.
If you looked at how Yani Tseng rips her ball.
The traajectory is low but piercing.
"Topspin" would make it lower
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Sponsored content

Driver heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driver heads   Driver heads I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driver heads
Page 1 of 1