Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

golf equipment for left-handed beginner?

Go down 
+4
Biglefty
jhan18
nrafee
supernova
8 posters
AuthorMessage
supernova
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

golf equipment for left-handed beginner? Empty
PostSubject: golf equipment for left-handed beginner?   golf equipment for left-handed beginner? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:34 pm

im just beginning golf, and am thinking of getting a set of clubs when i get my PC.
hv done some online research, and am prob gg to get the callaway diablo edge irons + hybrid (if im getting new clubs)
however, it seems quite difficult to get left-handed clubs in singapore... should i get it online instead? golfsmith looks promising. where can i get these in singapore?
if i do get, should i just get everything e.g. driver + wood + putter, since i can save on shipping Smile
appreciate some help here. any other advice would be great too!
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: golf equipment for left-handed beginner?   golf equipment for left-handed beginner? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:43 pm

I am left handed too. however i chose to play with right in order to have more options of toys. (may not be a good thing)
Also, i do not wish to be face to face with someone at the range. :p

golfsmith will have what you are looking for.
Alternatively if you are looking for 2nd hand, go for 3balls.com.

have fun sourcing for toys.

Back to top Go down
supernova
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf equipment for left-handed beginner?   golf equipment for left-handed beginner? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:46 pm

tks for the advice... i decided to stick with LH cos im really not very ambidexterous Smile
ok i guess online is my best bet eh... RH ppl do hv a lot of better deals in the forums, esp for 2nd hand clubs.
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: golf equipment for left-handed beginner?   golf equipment for left-handed beginner? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:52 pm

supernova wrote:
tks for the advice... i decided to stick with LH cos im really not very ambidexterous Smile
ok i guess online is my best bet eh... RH ppl do hv a lot of better deals in the forums, esp for 2nd hand clubs.
Hmm, maybe that explain why I am playing so badly. :p
Not everyone can be a Phil mikelson. Sad
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: golf equipment for left-handed beginner?   golf equipment for left-handed beginner? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Hi mate

I understand the pains of being left handed as I am one myself. Growing up, it was so difficult to find anything that I liked or could even use for that matter. I guess buying online is your best bet. I've bought stuff off ebay and golf wrx in the past. You can try monster golf on ebay as well.Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Biglefty
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf equipment for left-handed beginner?   golf equipment for left-handed beginner? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 2:58 pm

SN,

I've got a couple of lefty clubs if you're interested. Driver, FWs, hyb and putter. Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
supernova
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf equipment for left-handed beginner?   golf equipment for left-handed beginner? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 7:13 pm

tks for the comments.
i alr have some lefty clubs i bought last yr from gigagolf (one of the oem custom clubmakers)... 7,9i, 5h and a putter... so i guess that is sufficient for now while i learn
am looking to invest in a full set for the next 5yrs or so (hopefully!)... i guess online is still the best bet? but i guess i shld get the bag in sg since shipping is ex?
Back to top Go down
supernova
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf equipment for left-handed beginner?   golf equipment for left-handed beginner? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 7:14 pm

jhan18 wrote:
Hi mate

I understand the pains of being left handed as I am one myself. Growing up, it was so difficult to find anything that I liked or could even use for that matter. I guess buying online is your best bet. I've bought stuff off ebay and golf wrx in the past. You can try monster golf on ebay as well.Good luck.

sorry jhan18, separately, when u say u buy fr golf wrx, are u referring to the forum? or?
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: golf equipment for left-handed beginner?   golf equipment for left-handed beginner? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 8:42 pm

Yes the forum. There is a lefty buy sell and trade forum on it. But your best bet is still ebay buddy.
Back to top Go down
Biglefty
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf equipment for left-handed beginner?   golf equipment for left-handed beginner? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 10:10 pm

I bought all my clubs online through TGW, golfsmith and Edwin Watts. Bags will be too expensive to ship. Full set of iron cost about USD 60 to ship via DHL or Fedex.
Back to top Go down
supernova
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf equipment for left-handed beginner?   golf equipment for left-handed beginner? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 10:24 pm

thks for all your help. golf wrx forum looks promising... for online sites, looks like the prices are quite flushed, but golfsmith seems to give the best discounts... i'll decide once i get my pc. Smile
Back to top Go down
musashi75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf equipment for left-handed beginner?   golf equipment for left-handed beginner? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:42 am

I've got a left handed Odyssey 2 ball putter available, if you're interested. I'll see if he's keen to sell his old set of clubs.
Back to top Go down
Fatboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Fatboy

PostSubject: Re: golf equipment for left-handed beginner?   golf equipment for left-handed beginner? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:06 am

Welcome lefty,

online is the way to go for us although some worry abt not original products.

There is 'safe' websites to go and prices are much lower than Singapore.

Back to top Go down
http://www.permatex.com
supernova
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf equipment for left-handed beginner?   golf equipment for left-handed beginner? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 10:52 pm

am looking at the following combi... any comments? for newbies like me, shld i go for steel or graphite iron shafts? the former is much much cheaper, but my coach rec the latter..

callaway diablo octane driver 11.5 loft, regular flex
no 3/5 woods for now
3h and 4h cleveland mashie
5-pw callaway diablo edge, am deciding btw steel or graphite shafts...

anyone has other recs? i also intend to check out some 2ndhand irons in singapore... anyone knows where is good? note that golf direct don't ship left-hand clubs Sad

Last edited by supernova on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
supernova
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf equipment for left-handed beginner?   golf equipment for left-handed beginner? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 10:54 pm

supernova wrote:
am looking at the following combi... any comments? for newbies like me, shld i go for steel or graphite iron shafts? the former is much much cheaper, but my coach rec the latter..

no 3/5 woods for now

anyone has other recs? i also intend to check out some 2ndhand irons in singapore... anyone knows where is good? note that golf direct don't ship left-hand clubs Sad

sorry, just to add, currently i hv a couple of clubs from gigagolf to tide in... i can hit abt 100 for 7i w steel shaft and ~80 for 9i w steel shaft. mishits (ie miss the ball completely) are quite painful for my right elbow tho.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: golf equipment for left-handed beginner?   golf equipment for left-handed beginner? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 1:49 am

Just a suggestion ... if u are just beginning, why not try learning how to play with right handed clubs ... in Asia, that is far more practical
Back to top Go down
supernova
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf equipment for left-handed beginner?   golf equipment for left-handed beginner? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:21 am

Derek wrote:
Just a suggestion ... if u are just beginning, why not try learning how to play with right handed clubs ... in Asia, that is far more practical

agree its more practical as i would hv more choices and better deals. But i've made a conscious decision to play LH instead... primarily cos I am not ambidexterous and hv far better dexterity with my left hand, and that I hv acquired some LH clubs and hv began learning LH alr.

supernova wrote:

no 3/5 woods for now

any comments on club choices? Smile this is prob not specific to LH/RH, but more of whether it is suitable for beginners Smile
Back to top Go down
silverhex
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf equipment for left-handed beginner?   golf equipment for left-handed beginner? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:16 am

you are probably better off in buying a single club. you should also consider to change right handed since u only just started.. just a thought..
Back to top Go down
supernova
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf equipment for left-handed beginner?   golf equipment for left-handed beginner? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:45 am

silverhex wrote:
you are probably better off in buying a single club. you should also consider to change right handed since u only just started.. just a thought..

sorry i don't quite get your comment. and i hv explained why i prefer to stick to LH despite earlier comments to advise me otherwise. not sure if u hv a different reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: golf equipment for left-handed beginner?   golf equipment for left-handed beginner? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

golf equipment for left-handed beginner?
Page 1 of 1