Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to cure Over The Top downswing?

Go down 
+3
golf_snowman
nismo88
Itsuki
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

How to cure Over The Top downswing? Empty
PostSubject: How to cure Over The Top downswing?   How to cure Over The Top downswing? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi all

I have been battling this problem for ages. I went through the website and learnt that i should bump to my left before i start my downswing so i can rotate my shoulder and let the shaft come from inside-out. But this leads me to uncock my wrist earlier and I will hit behind the ball or bounced and skin the ball. Any suggestions? Crying or Very sad

cheers
Itsuki
Back to top Go down
nismo88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
nismo88

PostSubject: Re: How to cure Over The Top downswing?   How to cure Over The Top downswing? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:47 pm

Bro if you attach at video of your swing it might help a little more....
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: How to cure Over The Top downswing?   How to cure Over The Top downswing? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 6:33 pm

Hi itsuki

I think it's better to seek help from proper pro instead of watching video to resolve your problem.

I think it is more beneficial to you to have a few lesson with the pro.

Do consider.
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: How to cure Over The Top downswing?   How to cure Over The Top downswing? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 6:36 pm

Hi Itsuki

How have you come about to know that you swing over the top? Is it because of your ball flight? Or is it because you have come to be aware that you are swinging over the top by a passing remark or from a pro? There are several drills that you could fix an over the top downswing. The one mentioned above is one of them, that is if done with proper dynamic balance and weight shift.
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: How to cure Over The Top downswing?   How to cure Over The Top downswing? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 6:39 pm

Simi is over the top? I only know... Straight or no straight... Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: How to cure Over The Top downswing?   How to cure Over The Top downswing? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 6:46 pm

itsuki, you can spare the time and a little money, you should go look for a pro like Jhan. He corrected my over the top problem. Dun listen to wanna be pros inside this forum, without proper guidance, it will become worst.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: How to cure Over The Top downswing?   How to cure Over The Top downswing? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:50 pm

duffader wrote:
itsuki, you can spare the time and a little money, you should go look for a pro like Jhan. He corrected my over the top problem. Dun listen to wanna be pros inside this forum, without proper guidance, it will become worst.

Best advice!
Beer
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: How to cure Over The Top downswing?   How to cure Over The Top downswing? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:03 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
Simi is over the top? I only know... Straight or no straight... Laughing

Over the top is a term where on the downswing, the club goes 'over plane' ,caused by incorrect body movements. This could result in a pullslice, pullhook or a straight pull depending on clubface angle upon impact.(where your clubface is at impact) Most beginners or players who hit big slices come over the top or to some, out to in.
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: How to cure Over The Top downswing?   How to cure Over The Top downswing? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 11:27 pm

golf_snowman wrote:
Hi itsuki

I think it's better to seek help from proper pro instead of watching video to resolve your problem.

I think it is more beneficial to you to have a few lesson with the pro.

Do consider.

Hi bro,

I do agree with your point. But due to work commitments, i cannot commit on any long or even middle term coaching. Hence i thot i can find some tips that i can self train to rid myself of this 'over the top' downswing.
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: How to cure Over The Top downswing?   How to cure Over The Top downswing? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 11:35 pm

jhan18 wrote:
Hi Itsuki

How have you come about to know that you swing over the top? Is it because of your ball flight? Or is it because you have come to be aware that you are swinging over the top by a passing remark or from a pro? There are several drills that you could fix an over the top downswing. The one mentioned above is one of them, that is if done with proper dynamic balance and weight shift.

1. Remarks from kaki that has been playing with me for long time.
2. self aware
3. Ball flights

The problem with the weight shift to left is my right shoulder tends to drop lower than needed causing me to subconciously cast my iron prematurely.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: How to cure Over The Top downswing?   How to cure Over The Top downswing? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 11:40 pm

How you know you subconciously cast your iron??? if you can really tell you are casting, then it shouldnt be a problem preventing the cast....
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: How to cure Over The Top downswing?   How to cure Over The Top downswing? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 11:51 pm

duffader wrote:
How you know you subconciously cast your iron??? if you can really tell you are casting, then it shouldnt be a problem preventing the cast....

Hitting behind the ball and duff the shot!!!
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: How to cure Over The Top downswing?   How to cure Over The Top downswing? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 11:54 pm

Hehe... there is a lot of factors that cause the hitting behind and duffing the shot. THe set up, bending too low, reverse pivots will also cause fat and duffing. (Look at my nick, i am quite good at it, trust me).

If u really serious in improving and solving the problem, look for a certified pro. Jhan for one will be able to help you with it, coupled with video camera, should be able to solve your problem. It will be more enjoyable than buying new equipment. Smile
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: How to cure Over The Top downswing?   How to cure Over The Top downswing? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:07 am

Thanks for your advice, duffader.. Will check out with the coach and get the real problem fixed... Hope they can offer short lessons...
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: How to cure Over The Top downswing?   How to cure Over The Top downswing? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:13 am

No problem... i know how fustrating it will be.... so better to get it cure if you want to enjoy the game more. Worst thing to happen is when the real problem is not what you thought it was. I think some pros offer 5 hour lesson or even 1hr lessons.
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: How to cure Over The Top downswing?   How to cure Over The Top downswing? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:39 am

Itsuki wrote:
Thanks for your advice, duffader.. Will check out with the coach and get the real problem fixed... Hope they can offer short lessons...

Hi buddy if you are wondering I do have hourly rates at 90/hr with video analysis. Like I said I do know the cures for the problems you have but I wouldnt wanna diagnose your faults incorretly. It's best that I could put you on video, have a sit down and do a proper analysis of your golf swing.Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to cure Over The Top downswing?   How to cure Over The Top downswing? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to cure Over The Top downswing?
Page 1 of 1