Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Caddies in Royal Johor CC

Go down 
+23
slinger
TheFocalPoint
klt8144
Newtogolf
DimWit Kid
Khorkar
jurongtiger
cwpei8888
Duval_S
LinLauPeh
freedrop
namyokyok
Denmeister
Iluvgolf
chocoman
golftortoise
peace2903
shorthitter
mtbdude74
Schulo
Technospaz
mloy
wangph
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
wangph
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
wangph

Location : Golf Course/Driving Range/Chipping Green/Putting mat...

Caddies in Royal Johor CC Empty
PostSubject: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:24 pm

I heard someone had not very good experience with caddies in Royal Johor CC. Since I'm going to play there this Sunday morning, wondering anyone knows good caddies over there?

I only remember one caddie who's name is Eddie (pretty tall and yong), he's pretty good but always asking for more tips after game.

Does anyone know other better caddies over there?
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:41 pm

Just a word of caution. Be careful of your personal belongings. Try not to leave any valuables in your golf bag.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:43 pm

I've had pretty decent luck with the caddies. I don't select any and usually just take whoever is assigned to me. I would recommend, however, that you go early since the pool of caddies decreases over time and you may end up having to share a caddy with someone else. This is a pain since the caddy has to focus on 2 golfers and it slows things down quite a lot.
Back to top Go down
Schulo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Schulo

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:50 pm

mloy wrote:
Just a word of caution. Be careful of your personal belongings. Try not to leave any valuables in your golf bag.

Serious leh???? That is crazy! So I should keep cash in my pocket and leave wallet in car? Wow!
Back to top Go down
mtbdude74
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:53 pm

Ask for the fireman. Just say "bomba" to the caddie master. Ive used him twice; seems pretty honest.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 3:49 pm

mloy wrote:

No that is completely wrong! I put wallet, handphone, watch, keys all valuables in my golf bag. The caddies see me do It. In 5+ years of playing there never a problem....

Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 3:55 pm

shorthitter wrote:
mloy wrote:

No that is completely wrong! I put wallet, handphone, watch, keys all valuables in my golf bag. The caddies see me do It. In 5+ years of playing there never a problem....

You are lucky then. I had a bad experience with one particular caddy and I would never let him caddy for me ever again.
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Maybe PGA member different treatment....
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 5:27 pm

peace2903 wrote:
Maybe PGA member different treatment....

I doubt that very much, this is their lively hood, their only income, if they're thieves they would not last very long surely.

It would take one visit to office n say "your caddy ripped me off" n he would be gone.

I am opposite I have been robbed in Singapore never Malaysia yet! Fingers crossed... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
golftortoise
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 6:58 pm

Yes. I also leave my valuables in my golf bag. But then again, better be safe than sorry.

If we leave our belongings in the car, what if it is stolen?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:14 pm

I don't have many valuables but I do keep my mobile phone in my golf bag. I do check and have not had any nasty encounters. The caddies know better. If they try anything silly, they'll get in hot soup.

Caddies have a code too.
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:22 pm

Before I play. I will show them which compartment of the Golf bag I keep my gun .

Back to top Go down
Iluvgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Iluvgolf

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:23 pm

the thing is the caddies are not stupid, they probably won't take your valuables that might get them into trouble but they take items like golf balls and tees. I lost a pack of tees and my friend lost 10 balls..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 11:06 pm

chocoman wrote:
Before I play. I will show them which compartment of the Golf bag I keep my gun .

You buka your seluar, ah?
Back to top Go down
wangph
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
wangph

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 1:30 am

I personally trust caddy and my golf bag better than locker. You never know who will take your stuff from locker.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 6:43 am

Being a member of the club, I have a pretty good idea what their unwritten protocol is. They will always ask for more tips from non members and to me, I think it is just their way of trying to make more money. The golfer can also reject their request. So guys and gals, if u think that the caddie did a good job for you, whats's another sgd4.00, right?

As for preventing loss of valuables, we are responsible for our belongings. Once I drop my bag, I will leave all my valuables in the car. In fact, by parking in RJCC, the chances of your car being stolen or broken in to is next to zero.

If u need some cash to pay for green fees, just bring enough.

After the game, my caddie follows me to my car to drop the bag. I retrieve my valuables and pay him there. Food, drinks and shower next.

Loss of balls and other accessories, none. Or maybe it's because I am a member and they do not dare to do it to me.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 6:50 am

A few good caddies that deserve a better tip from you will be:

Indian caddies:
1. Munaidy (reads greens very well. Provides good distances. Tell him that u want your distances on m or yards.)
2. Bus.
3. Charles

Malay:
1. Zul (good ball watcher. Very good for fast golfers)

Chinese:
1. Peter (always by your side, speaks good English, watches your ball from the tee box)
2. Wong
Back to top Go down
namyokyok
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 8:42 am

shorthitter wrote:
mloy wrote:

It will happen now.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 9:19 am

How much do you normally tip the caddies in JGCC? I was told about RM50 all in, caddie fee+tips?
Back to top Go down
wangph
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
wangph

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:50 am

Thank you Denmeister. I believe your advice comments here as a member are convincing.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 4:00 pm

freedrop wrote:
How much do you normally tip the caddies in JGCC? I was told about RM50 all in, caddie fee+tips?

Hi freedrop,
The minimum tipping amount is rm40.00 for 18 holes. With that said, I only tip this amount when the caddie is extremely bad: don't know where your ball landed, rude, completely lost, and very slow. It has been a while that I have gotten such a caddie. Buy there are a few. My fellow member just got one a few days ago.

I generally tip RM50.00 if they are competent. I tend to walk pretty fast just because of my long legs. Most caddies will not be able to keep up with me. They should not give unsolicited advice but when I do ask for an opinion, it will be good if what they say is done with Some research.

If the caddie is able to keep up with my pace and is able to locate my wayward shots, and I win my bets, I will tip more depending on the magnitude of my winnings.

Another point to note. If u ever request for a particular caddie, the min tip should be rm60.00

I just finished my game today, and my caddie today is not too bad. Line reading not too fantastic, but a good tracker of my shots. No unnecessary lost balls today.

His name is Dollah (Malay)
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 7:56 am

Hi denmeister,

U r quite a familiar kaki at the club.

I think I have seen u around at the club.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 1:18 pm

chocoman wrote:
Hi denmeister,

U r quite a familiar kaki at the club.

I think I have seen u around at the club.

Hi Chocoman,
Yes, I love to play walking golf. In fact, I just finished mt morning game and am in the clubhouse now. Thinking of playing another 18 holes. U around?

Are u a member too?
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 10:38 pm

See ur pm
Back to top Go down
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
LinLauPeh

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:47 pm

chocoman wrote:

Shocked affraid ChocoM! Didn't know you are the type who show caddies where you keep your "gun"...... somemore male caddies.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caddies in Royal Johor CC   Caddies in Royal Johor CC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caddies in Royal Johor CC
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next