Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Royal Johor Golf Course

Go down 
+2
Technospaz
kg7068
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kg7068
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Royal Johor Golf Course Empty
PostSubject: Royal Johor Golf Course   Royal Johor Golf Course I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi, I need expert opinions pls. Is it true that playing RJCC smoking and beer are prohibited on the course??? and what's the rate for tipping Caddy? Is rm50 per golfer gd enough?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Royal Johor Golf Course   Royal Johor Golf Course I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:49 pm

Smoking is frowned upon but I've seen smokers on the course.

Who drinks beer on the course? I think it's not allowed. Remember where you are, i.e. alcohol is not permissible. But I've seen beer served in the golfers' lounge.

RM50 as a tip is fair.

And, it's now known as the Johor Country Club. No more "Royal" Smile
Back to top Go down
kg7068
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Royal Johor Golf Course   Royal Johor Golf Course I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:52 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Smoking is frowned upon but I've seen smokers on the course.

Who drinks beer on the course? I think it's not allowed. Remember where you are, i.e. alcohol is not permissible. But I've seen beer served in the golfers' lounge.

RM50 as a tip is fair.

And, it's now known as the Johor Country Club. No more "Royal" Smile

Bro thks. For info, I drink beer through the 18 holes. No more Royal then I think not so strict lah?? Thanks vy much
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Royal Johor Golf Course   Royal Johor Golf Course I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:14 pm

They try to preserve the royalty though they are now more lax and allow bermudas, but without side pockets like in the army. That include long pants. Smile
Back to top Go down
kohhanjie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Royal Johor Golf Course   Royal Johor Golf Course I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Nice course! Smoking is allowed even the caddies are smoking! Usually the caddy would ask for coffee during the halfway hus. So caddy 40rm tip 20rm
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Royal Johor Golf Course   Royal Johor Golf Course I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:23 am

The last time I played at JGCC late last year, one flight of angmo infront carried a cooler box full of beers, and they even left the empty cans on the green. I think somne of you here was with me at that game.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Royal Johor Golf Course   Royal Johor Golf Course I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:36 am

freedrop wrote:
The last time I played at JGCC late last year, one flight of angmo infront carried a cooler box full of beers, and they even left the empty cans on the green. I think somne of you here was with me at that game.

Just because they were disrespectful (and weren't caught) shouldn't set the stage for how we behave.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Royal Johor Golf Course   Royal Johor Golf Course I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:23 pm

I actually did do it once while playing at RJCC, drinking while playing.

The most important thing is that we did not become a nuisance to others. Do not litter, do not slow down others and most importantly, tip your caddies a lot more if they are the ones carrying the beers for you! !

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Royal Johor Golf Course   Royal Johor Golf Course I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Royal Johor Golf Course
Page 1 of 1