Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry!

Go down 
+7
JohnBGLee
A.quek
first_timerz
nutty88
who8168
Duval_S
Kopi Towkay
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry! Empty
PostSubject: If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry!   If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:13 am

Played there Monday in a mini tournament then again yesterday in a 3-ball.

There were some earlier posts about the course being a bit low-end wrt facilities, greens, appearance, caddies, you name it. BUT, I had a great time. The course is great if you tend to go a bit right or left, not too penalizing on most holes but there are some that do require you to THINK about where you need to be for the next shot.

Greens were running around 8.5 and in nice condition. Not too much break on any of the holes so if you can hit a 6 ft straight putt (hardest thing to do) with some regularity, you'll have a great putting day.

Caddies were wonderful imo. We used the Indonesian lasses and they were friendly, knowledgeable and worked their fannies off for us.

Give Palm Villa a fair shake if you haven't been there in awhile. Not expensive either. We had a group rate and it was only 58 RM for greens/buggy.

Had a great time both days and improved 7 strokes the second round since I knew where NOT to go or challenge.

Thanks and Cheers, KT
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry!   If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 10:25 am

Totally in synch with KT.....Palm Villa is a good place to play....Why?

1. Good is a relative term.....for the 58RM rate ...where to find.....Of coz, can find better ones with great facility...but suppose it will be not at that pricing range
2. The course is pretty frenly....I think the IOI course is a little more exciting ...just my personal view
3. Overall experience...great..., fairway nice, green nice......road to PalmV is also nice drive

No qualm playing there...but then again, I can play , I happy liao.....
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry!   If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:30 am

I got to concur with the above 'findings'. I used to play often at P. Villa 3 years ago, when my skill set was still limited. For the past 1+ year, i've been playing Legends week in week out.

Last week, decided to try out P. Villa just for fun, & surprisingly it was a pretty good experience. The course seems to play a little easier compared to Legends, fairways were wider & nicely maintained, greens mostly smooth & better than 3 yrs ago, though clubhouse still a little sub-standard. Came back with a satisfying 6-over for each 9s (Palm & Putra). Only my second best score so far, & my best from Blue tee-box.

Overall, for the current promotion of RM58 (weekdays), it is a good deal for a golf course of such standard.

Now I am thinking of going back and try out the IOI 9 to see if it also feels easier than before....
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry!   If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 5:41 pm

Whenever I need to regain my confidence level, I will play at Palm Villa because usually my score will be decent. After "graduating" from executive course, Palm Villa has been my home course for quite a while. I still remember the bad old days where you have to shower in containers, lousy lockers, floor mats that will hurt your feet, etc.. but great golf course.
Back to top Go down
first_timerz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry!   If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 12:38 pm

Sorry , I first time, so asking silly qestion
is RM 58 include buggy, greens, insurance, etc?
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

PostSubject: Re: If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry!   If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 6:51 am

first_timerz wrote:

No such thing as a silly question. Jump right in with both feet and post whatever you want, whenever you want. Great thing about GR is that I've need seen "flaming" replies like you find on almost every other golf forum. Singapore is lucky to have Sunny and Miss Moon do this for all of us and please don't hesitate to ask or post whatver is on your mind.

BTW, to ans your ?, yes 58RM covers it all, Bugy, ins, Caddy, green fee etc.

PS: Don't forget to "Tip" the caddy appropriately. Always best to be a little bit on the "generous" side with them. They work their tails off for very little salary.

Welcome aboard and Cheers, KT
Back to top Go down
A.quek
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry!   If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 7:04 am

wow..good price @ RM58.......

Does RM58 apply for walk in or must pre book? .handicap required?still quite a newbie to the game and thinking of playing there on Monday.
Back to top Go down
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

PostSubject: Re: If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry!   If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 7:22 am

RM 58 is a steal. No doubt.

There are Chinese and Indo Caddies.
Back to top Go down
first_timerz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry!   If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 7:56 am

A.quek wrote:
wow..good price @ RM58.......

Does RM58 apply for walk in or must pre book? .handicap required?still quite a newbie to the game and thinking of playing there on Monday.

I think no ni hcp...
coz i oso no hcp & juz got pc + dun hit beri well oso thinking of going liao...

lol!
Back to top Go down
A.quek
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry!   If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 8:17 am

oh.........haha ok thks...im available on mon. interested to go? jus checked and me no kaki ....
Back to top Go down
quinike
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry!   If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 11:52 am

if anyone is going this week tell me! after reading KT's review i'm extremely tempted.
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry!   If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:38 pm

The RM58 offer is over....

Now is RM68 with OSCAR, see thread posted

http://www.golfrepublic.org/self-introduction-f1/bring-yr-a-game-yr-b-clubs-plenty-of-balls-t1584.htm?sid=7e5abdff5f812ff703550aa2f2ba214a

PS: I am not affiliated to OSCAR or the other poster... Just forwarding info only.
Back to top Go down
Golf Rookie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry!   If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 10:35 pm

maybe this one might be a silly question...what's an "appropriate tip"? Do people play without caddies?

Kopi Towkay wrote:
first_timerz wrote:

No such thing as a silly question. Jump right in with both feet and post whatever you want, whenever you want. Great thing about GR is that I've need seen "flaming" replies like you find on almost every other golf forum. Singapore is lucky to have Sunny and Miss Moon do this for all of us and please don't hesitate to ask or post whatver is on your mind.

BTW, to ans your ?, yes 58RM covers it all, Bugy, ins, Caddy, green fee etc.

PS: Don't forget to "Tip" the caddy appropriately. Always best to be a little bit on the "generous" side with them. They work their tails off for very little salary.

Welcome aboard and Cheers, KT
Back to top Go down
fabulous
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fabulous

PostSubject: Re: If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry!   If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 11:07 pm

I was there at Palm Villa yesterday morning, managed to play till 14 holes after that rainning.
Usually playing there without caddy, as far as i know if playing with caddy tips around RM15-20 each player .
Back to top Go down
Golf Rookie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry!   If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 11:22 pm

ah icic so we can decline caddy (though im sure that's not gonna reduce the price lol)..thanks for info Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry!   If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you had DOUBTS abt Palm Villa....don't worry!
Page 1 of 1