Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

White Cobra S3 Driver

Go down 
+4
mowen
duffader
wolverine
golftortoise
8 posters
AuthorMessage
golftortoise
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

White Cobra S3 Driver Empty
PostSubject: White Cobra S3 Driver   White Cobra S3 Driver I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 1:44 pm

Hi!

Anyone knows if it is available in sg already? Checked with GH and they say its ot in yet. Would like to check it out! The white is so tempting! Haha!!
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
wolverine

PostSubject: Re: White Cobra S3 Driver   White Cobra S3 Driver I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 2:23 pm

golftortoise wrote:
Hi!

Anyone knows if it is available in sg already? Checked with GH and they say its ot in yet. Would like to check it out! The white is so tempting! Haha!!

Hi golftortoise,

Ron81 is selling his, you may want to check it out.

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t11743-cobra-s3-white-driver-limited

Cheers
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: White Cobra S3 Driver   White Cobra S3 Driver I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:31 pm

Two models available in the market. US model with aldila RIP shaft and Asia Model with Tour AD DJ shaft. The later is more expensive due to the shaft.
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

PostSubject: Re: White Cobra S3 Driver   White Cobra S3 Driver I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:15 pm

ChrisD selling his at $688
Back to top Go down
golftortoise
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: White Cobra S3 Driver   White Cobra S3 Driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:21 am

Thank you everyone! Have a great week ahead!!
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: White Cobra S3 Driver   White Cobra S3 Driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:24 am

ron81 is the asia version while ChrisD's is the US version.
Back to top Go down
golftortoise
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: White Cobra S3 Driver   White Cobra S3 Driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:34 am

Tks Duffader!!

I have always wanted to ask isit becos we Asians are richer so Asian Specs costs more? Or will US version cost more in the US?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: White Cobra S3 Driver   White Cobra S3 Driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:44 am

Not really. Alot of driver nowadays depends on the shaft as golfers nowadays are more knowledgeble and particular about what they are buying. THe Asian spec shaft is from premium manufacturer Graphite Design's Tour AD series. And its make in Japan. Do a search on the net, you will know that the original colour of the DJ series is Orangy Red while this being special and limited edition, they made the shaft white in colour to match the head.

Aldila is more of a "Ang Mo" shaft and it being a US model, might not be suitable for most asians as it is more demanding (in my opinion). Do a ebay search for the driver on the internet and you might see that the US version is around USD350 excluding shipping. ANd with the USD at a low, it is cheaper to get the US version. Just make sure that the seller ships to Singapore.

Comparing apple to apple, I decided to pay more to get the Asian Version because of the shaft.
Back to top Go down
golftortoise
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: White Cobra S3 Driver   White Cobra S3 Driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:51 am

Oic! Wow!! Got lots to learn!! Thks!!!!

Hmmm... So can I assume its the same reason why for the same iron set, a graphite one will cost more than a steel one? Becos graphite shaft is more difficult or complicated to manufacture?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: White Cobra S3 Driver   White Cobra S3 Driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:59 am

Yeap... correctoz..... When you look at premium graphite shafts, the lighter ones tend to be more expensive because they have to maintain the same kind of playbility but with less material. So in that sense, it harder to make those shafts hence explaining the cost.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: White Cobra S3 Driver   White Cobra S3 Driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:50 am

duffader wrote:
Not really. Alot of driver nowadays depends on the shaft as golfers nowadays are more knowledgeble and particular about what they are buying. THe Asian spec shaft is from premium manufacturer Graphite Design's Tour AD series. And its make in Japan. Do a search on the net, you will know that the original colour of the DJ series is Orangy Red while this being special and limited edition, they made the shaft white in colour to match the head.

Aldila is more of a "Ang Mo" shaft and it being a US model, might not be suitable for most asians as it is more demanding (in my opinion). Do a ebay search for the driver on the internet and you might see that the US version is around USD350 excluding shipping. ANd with the USD at a low, it is cheaper to get the US version. Just make sure that the seller ships to Singapore.

Comparing apple to apple, I decided to pay more to get the Asian Version because of the shaft.

Agreed fully.. got the asian spec too.. 60s feels lighter... tho its 60s
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: White Cobra S3 Driver   White Cobra S3 Driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:56 am

andrew-golf wrote:
duffader wrote:

so when are you gonna sell your white cobra ? zzzzzzzzz.......keke
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: White Cobra S3 Driver   White Cobra S3 Driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:57 am

golf_snowman wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
duffader wrote:

wahahaha

bro.. think i not selling my blades anymore... ok? decided to keep it. cos this set is my best ball striking set...
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: White Cobra S3 Driver   White Cobra S3 Driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:59 am

andrew-golf wrote:
golf_snowman wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
duffader wrote:

wahahaha

bro.. think i not selling my blades anymore... ok? decided to keep it. cos this set is my best ball striking set...

@#$%#%^#@@#$%^#$#@#$%@
!@$%#^&$^%#%^#%^#
@#$%^#^&$%@#$%
@$%^#^&&*%^$^%@#%%

hahahhaha !!!!
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: White Cobra S3 Driver   White Cobra S3 Driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:05 pm

duffader wrote:

Bro,

Is GD a US company? Sorry, I always tot GD is from US since my "YS" days. Anyway, I wonder when Aldila is going to make Asia-spec stuff so that we can enjoy cheaper deals. But I reckon if it is "Asia-spec" they will raise the price too. To some degree, I think Asian golfers are less discerning about price viz perceived performance, as our US counterparts. Perhaps there are more ready choices around in their bigger market. My personal view of course.

Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: White Cobra S3 Driver   White Cobra S3 Driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:41 pm

samT wrote:
duffader wrote:

Bro,

Is GD a US company? Sorry, I always tot GD is from US since my "YS" days. Anyway, I wonder when Aldila is going to make Asia-spec stuff so that we can enjoy cheaper deals. But I reckon if it is "Asia-spec" they will raise the price too. To some degree, I think Asian golfers are less discerning about price viz perceived performance, as our US counterparts. Perhaps there are more ready choices around in their bigger market. My personal view of course.

Bro, take a look at the website. THey are established in Japan first then later on US.

http://www.gdintl.com/

Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: White Cobra S3 Driver   White Cobra S3 Driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:47 pm

i am for suited for US specs as far as i know. Can't comment much on tour ad shaft as didn't even played one before so can't compare whether it suit me anot.
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: White Cobra S3 Driver   White Cobra S3 Driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:33 pm

duffader wrote:
samT wrote:
duffader wrote:

Bro,

Bro, take a look at the website. THey are established in Japan first then later on US.

http://www.gdintl.com/

And I always tot GD is from US! Thanks for the link!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White Cobra S3 Driver   White Cobra S3 Driver I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Cobra S3 Driver
Page 1 of 1