Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

lie angle of wedges

Go down 
+4
Lamts18
DGman
Technospaz
chocoman
8 posters
AuthorMessage
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

lie angle of wedges Empty
PostSubject: lie angle of wedges   lie angle of wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 7:30 am

anyone change the lie angle of their wedges?

i know changing the lie angle of iron sets are quite normal but have not really heard ppl talk abt changing lie of their wedges.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: lie angle of wedges   lie angle of wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 7:34 am

Yeah, I have heard of people who do so. I think some of the folks here have done so too. People do bend their wedge a little. If you face difficulty with the 60˚, you may wanna tweak it to a 59˚ without having to buy a new wedge.

EDIT: Silly me - I thought you meant loft. Apologies.

Last edited by Technospaz on Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: lie angle of wedges   lie angle of wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 7:42 am

i had my iron lie angle -1* flatter.

the toe of my wedges are a bit up right and doesnt look comfortable on address. some ppl said wedges are supposed to be flatter
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: lie angle of wedges   lie angle of wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:16 am

rule of thumb...longer irons you can have the toe up on address and still hit it on the sweet spot....the shorter the irons, it should be more flush and the sole parallel to the ground. also make sure your arms are hanging naturally. if you look at a golfer setup with a wrong lie angle, the hands are either pull up towards the golfer or push down instead of hanging naturally.

this has to do with the length and the hitting motion of those clubs. however the lie do not have to be progressive because some golfers hit differently with their shorter irons.

also as there are more swing science these days, dynamic fitting is the best way to go as it matches the golfers swing rather than force the golfer to adapt to the clubs.

in short, if the lie is not right on the longer iron, it is still manageable. on the shorter irons, you will experience a straight short that turn left or right towards the last 25% of the ball distance.

hope this help.
DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: lie angle of wedges   lie angle of wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:33 am

DGman, what numbers is considered as short irons ? 7 iron downwards ?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: lie angle of wedges   lie angle of wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:35 am

from 7 downwards..
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

PostSubject: Re: lie angle of wedges   lie angle of wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:36 am

Hijack abit...

someone passed me a wedge club with only a W on it.
Mat i know what is it? AW or PW?

Still a beginner..don't know how to differentiate.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: lie angle of wedges   lie angle of wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:38 am

A Ping club ? Then its a PW .... anyway can check the loft ...
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: lie angle of wedges   lie angle of wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:19 am

DGman wrote:
in short, if the lie is not right on the longer iron, it is still manageable. on the shorter irons, you will experience a straight short that turn left or right towards the last 25% of the ball distance.

hope this help.
DGman

Oh tat sounds like me..
My wedges also point up quite seriously.

For short irons.. it does point up but probably I have done some compensation during downswing ba.. not sure also..
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

PostSubject: Re: lie angle of wedges   lie angle of wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:24 am

Lamts18 wrote:
A Ping club ? Then its a PW .... anyway can check the loft ...

wilson... how to check loft? all stickers and whatnot are all peeled off.. can only see W on club head..
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: lie angle of wedges   lie angle of wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:30 am

You need to bring it to a club fitter who has the tool to check .. the newer Wilsons are marked P now ... A for approach and G for gap wedges
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

PostSubject: Re: lie angle of wedges   lie angle of wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:33 am

Lamts18 wrote:
You need to bring it to a club fitter who has the tool to check .. the newer Wilsons are marked P now ... A for approach and G for gap wedges

oh...ya, the club looks a tad old... but very useful at lifting balls up i must say... feels like a 56 to me...
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: lie angle of wedges   lie angle of wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:33 am

i think P or A juz some indication nia ba...

impt is if they have the 50. 58, etc there to indicate...
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: lie angle of wedges   lie angle of wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:01 pm

puteh83 wrote:
Lamts18 wrote:

oh...ya, the club looks a tad old... but very useful at lifting balls up i must say... feels like a 56 to me...

Yo, Best is to go get it measured. I dunno anyone who has the skillz to have a 'W' in your hands but 'feels' like a 56. Don't second guess yourself and create more doubt in the game. Golf is already hard enuff. Wink

Most impt thing is - Are the grooves worn? It will affect play alot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lie angle of wedges   lie angle of wedges I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lie angle of wedges
Page 1 of 1