Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it the right time for club fitting?

Go down 
+3
jtek
weesern
DimWit Kid
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

Is it the right time for club fitting? Empty
PostSubject: Is it the right time for club fitting?   Is it the right time for club fitting? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 5:25 pm

Well... actually I'm one of those who never thought about getting club-fitted until I know GR. But now am thinking and wondering if it's really the right timing already for this.

I think (yeah, think... ) I can hit 6 out of 10 with some consistency.... Went through 2 x 10 lessons with a pro to get there, pass my courtesy round, got the handicap. Now I have been playing for 3 months. Am playing almost at least once a week and normally scores 100-110 with those occasional sub 100 and occasional off days (which means runs up to 120+). I usually clocks up 50 or more putt Razz so I know where I should head to get sub 100 .. putting green!

Currently using clubs with all sort of shafts (eg japanese woods, american driver and hybrids) and don't really know whats good or bad. Can't get a good distance even when I hit it consistently (ie. my 7 iron usually gets me 110-120m only on course)... Right now trying to fix that by working on my swing, but is club fitting something I could try at the moment?
Is club fitting session also includes putter fitting?

Just curious and wonder if bros here can give some advice! Cheers.

Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Is it the right time for club fitting?   Is it the right time for club fitting? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 5:31 pm

are u sure u hv 50 plus putts per round??
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it the right time for club fitting?   Is it the right time for club fitting? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Eh... 3 putts per hole x 18 holes = 54 putts leh... Smile

For me, its possible... Smile

On top of my putting, I am also wondering if club fitting can get my long & mid game to advance too... Smile

Any advise?
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: Is it the right time for club fitting?   Is it the right time for club fitting? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 5:49 pm

weesern wrote:
are u sure u hv 50 plus putts per round??

Very sure.. On a couple of occasions when I have bad day (ie. 120+ game) I have some 4 or 5 putts.. Sad
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Is it the right time for club fitting?   Is it the right time for club fitting? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 6:14 pm

if ur putts per round is 36 then u will be playing in the high 80s.... guess need to improve short game as well....

See a clubfitter and he will tell you if you should do it now or later....
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Is it the right time for club fitting?   Is it the right time for club fitting? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 8:52 pm

hey bro dimwit, we'll play Horizon Hills tomorrow...maybe I can take a look at your swing/clubs/putting and maybe give you some advice whether you would benefit from clubfitting or possibly go to house of zen to improve your putting or refer you to my short game coach .

if you play in the 100s now, getting better at chipping, pitching and putting alone can help cut 10-15 strokes. To play any lower than high 80s, your long game (driver to mid irons) must be there too bcoz by this time you will be playing from blue tees. However, even with a good long game, without a decent short game, very difficult to break 90.

tomorrow is a good test for your short game, HH's greens shud be in very good condition, fast. See ya
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Is it the right time for club fitting?   Is it the right time for club fitting? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 8:57 pm

ohh turns out we're not on the same flight tomorrow Neutral
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: Is it the right time for club fitting?   Is it the right time for club fitting? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:55 pm

pushslice wrote:
ohh turns out we're not on the same flight tomorrow Neutral

Ya... lucky you Very Happy Other than putting chipping sometimes a problem with narrow green - the old pingpong game sometimes happen.
Anyway, see ya all tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Kyser
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it the right time for club fitting?   Is it the right time for club fitting? I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:39 pm

I went to this master fitter called Yuji.

Measured swing speed, club length, analysed swing (hook or slice) to determine club nead and shaft.

Back to top Go down
fulloption
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it the right time for club fitting?   Is it the right time for club fitting? I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:13 pm

Hi Kyser

any good feedback on this fitter? Yuji? i am thinking of visiting him too...
Back to top Go down
dtan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
dtan

PostSubject: Re: Is it the right time for club fitting?   Is it the right time for club fitting? I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:34 pm

There is this one very gd fitter in OCC by the name UNCLE PHUA at
the driving range. He is a very knowlegeable guy on golf clubs and he can
give very good advice to you on your clubs and your swing. Trying him i can
tell u sure no regret.
Back to top Go down
http://davidtnm@yahoo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it the right time for club fitting?   Is it the right time for club fitting? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it the right time for club fitting?
Page 1 of 1