Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new Golden bear Wide track set or @nd hand mizuno charge set ?

Go down 
+3
Dan5
navik
kennyky
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

new Golden bear Wide track set or @nd hand mizuno charge set ? Empty
PostSubject: new Golden bear Wide track set or @nd hand mizuno charge set ?   new Golden bear Wide track set or @nd hand mizuno charge set ? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:46 pm

Hey Guys !

As a beginner, im planning to get my first set !
So i have been looking quite a lot the past two weeks.
quite hard to understand everything.

After narrowing the choices, i come here with an question to ask you:
should i go for a NEW jack nicklaus beginner wide track [1D+1F/W #3+@ hybrid #3&4+irons 5-S/W+putter+stand bag , Pan West 300SGSD Graphite shaft] OR second hand Mizuno charge full set (no description yet coz i havent seen the seller yet) about 5 years old at 250 SGD (for the moment) ??

you can find the specifications of the jack nicklaus set here http://www.nicklausgolf.com/golden-bear-golf/
http://www.nicklausgolf.com/golden-bear-golf/goldenbearspecs.pdf
the set is a little different from the website as panwest includes the S/W and its iron shaft.

for the mizuno charge i dont have any complete descrition as i dont know (neither the vendor) if its Charge I or charge II or charge III set.
but its a full set =p

otherwise, i havent got any answer yet, but i found on the forum somebody selling a wilson prestige set in steel shaft at 370sgd. i dont knoz if it is interesting for a beginner.
and found in second hand a slazenger full set titanium enhance B51 around 250sgd!

i found other beginner set at far east shopping center at around 400sgd (my max budget) but not sure it is suitable

If you can help me i would really really really appreciate and be very very happy ! for real !
it giving me so much headaches to look for something interesting =p
Back to top Go down
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: new Golden bear Wide track set or @nd hand mizuno charge set ?   new Golden bear Wide track set or @nd hand mizuno charge set ? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:37 pm

If you are just starting and learning, there is no rush to get a set first. You can use the clubs that your coach is providing, while you save up to get your first set.

In the meantime, check the marketplace for good deals from time to time. You are unlikely to get a full set (irons, woods, driver, putter), but there are plenty of good deals for iron sets I've seen here.

Invest in a good iron set, you are more like to change the rest (wood, driver, putter) more often
Back to top Go down
Dan5
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dan5

PostSubject: Re: new Golden bear Wide track set or @nd hand mizuno charge set ?   new Golden bear Wide track set or @nd hand mizuno charge set ? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:20 pm

Personally I feel that Beginner set is a waste of money and it does not deliver any value to the owner, but instead give them more misery. After 1 month of training with it, i have seen many beginner began to blame the set for the wayward shot. No

It may be a better choice to go for a used decent iron set, such as TM R7 iron which some GR are selling around $300 and it can last you much longer b4 your heart start to itch.
Back to top Go down
sagiteric
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: new Golden bear Wide track set or @nd hand mizuno charge set ?   new Golden bear Wide track set or @nd hand mizuno charge set ? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:41 pm

kennyky wrote:
Hey Guys !

As a beginner, im planning to get my first set !
So i have been looking quite a lot the past two weeks.
quite hard to understand everything.

After narrowing the choices, i come here with an question to ask you:
should i go for a NEW jack nicklaus beginner wide track [1D+1F/W #3+@ hybrid #3&4+irons 5-S/W+putter+stand bag , Pan West 300SGSD Graphite shaft] OR second hand Mizuno charge full set (no description yet coz i havent seen the seller yet) about 5 years old at 250 SGD (for the moment) ??

you can find the specifications of the jack nicklaus set here http://www.nicklausgolf.com/golden-bear-golf/
http://www.nicklausgolf.com/golden-bear-golf/goldenbearspecs.pdf
the set is a little different from the website as panwest includes the S/W and its iron shaft.

for the mizuno charge i dont have any complete descrition as i dont know (neither the vendor) if its Charge I or charge II or charge III set.
but its a full set =p

otherwise, i havent got any answer yet, but i found on the forum somebody selling a wilson prestige set in steel shaft at 370sgd. i dont knoz if it is interesting for a beginner.
and found in second hand a slazenger full set titanium enhance B51 around 250sgd!

i found other beginner set at far east shopping center at around 400sgd (my max budget) but not sure it is suitable

If you can help me i would really really really appreciate and be very very happy ! for real !
it giving me so much headaches to look for something interesting =p

Alternatively, do drop by during SSN. You can seek our bros and sistas views and probably test out some of their sets before making any decision.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: new Golden bear Wide track set or @nd hand mizuno charge set ?   new Golden bear Wide track set or @nd hand mizuno charge set ? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:49 pm

Hi,

thanks all for your answers !

i am sorry for asking but what is SSN ?

And actually i fell for the Golden Bera Set =p
as im starting but played a lot on driving range back in france, i wanted to start getting my own set so i can really learn to get ready to play :p
not sure you will get what i meant :p

but thanks again !!!
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: new Golden bear Wide track set or @nd hand mizuno charge set ?   new Golden bear Wide track set or @nd hand mizuno charge set ? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:16 am

Buy a decent iron set first, good second hand better than beginner set.. Find a forgiving one.
learn to hit well... then you start to know your own swing. Once you can "feel" it, start going up to wood and/or hybrid. Then driver.. Easier, once you know your own style.

I'm a beginner, did the above on the advice of my instructor, and didn't regret it. Trust me, before you can hit iron well, you'll struggle hitting the woods and driver, so no use to have them in the beginning.

I agree with Dan5 - it may be a waste buying beginner set... if you buy a decent iron set you can use it even after you go and play on the course (you may find yourself looking for buyer for your beginner set once you can play). Anyway, good luck with the decision.

SSN is Golf Republic's gathering on driving range methink (haven't been there myself) - so you can presumably get free advice.. and if you're not that bad a swinger then you may get them to lend you some their eqpmt to try! Cheers.
Back to top Go down
mr joe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: new Golden bear Wide track set or @nd hand mizuno charge set ?   new Golden bear Wide track set or @nd hand mizuno charge set ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:34 am

i believe in getting a used better iron set than getting a beginners set(e.g jack nicklaus ,slazenger ...) ... Btw cash converter @ tampines is selling them at dirt cheap prices.....

The impt thing for me is to buy a competent set so that I have no reason to blame my equipments when I blow all my shots... just my 2cents
Back to top Go down
mrunix
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: new Golden bear Wide track set or @nd hand mizuno charge set ?   new Golden bear Wide track set or @nd hand mizuno charge set ? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 3:49 pm

agreed with most of the comments above. Prefer to buy second hand decent clubs rather than buying a begineer set.

my own experience buying 2 beginner sets, used for one month and decided to trade it off with 2nd hand mizuno....

more worthed to start with a good sets....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new Golden bear Wide track set or @nd hand mizuno charge set ?   new Golden bear Wide track set or @nd hand mizuno charge set ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new Golden bear Wide track set or @nd hand mizuno charge set ?
Page 1 of 1