Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disgraceful!

Go down 
+20
ethee
Ssquirrel
Yamaha
weesern
Master
S70B
wilkang
andrew-golf
duffader
chemicalpro
Gray
shamusan
mizzy
4dtoto
golfjoy
Duval_S
simoner
Khorkar
tronos
asahi
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

Disgraceful! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:15 pm

haha... then change your clubs to arnold palmer's clubs lah... if you wanna go old school bro, go old school all the way!!! tongue
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:15 pm

thats some food for thought!! haha

What will happen to my AP2s?????
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:16 pm

i will buy frm you... eh, i will also buy your coke bag
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:17 pm

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:19 pm

I feel that it's not only about respect.

But also a matter of Pride and Honour.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:21 pm

couldnt agree more.....
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:22 pm

There is a code of conduct for all uniformed personnel to follow, even for attire, including when in public.
This chap, by his conduct, can be penalized for not doing so e.g bringing disrepute to the service.

Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:27 pm

rubbish... you bloody civil servants!!!

i say i cannot carry my bag mah, i'm too weak and i'm pes C9L9... paika paichu... so how?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:30 pm

Excuse me?

Do you have something against civil servants?

If you are so beat up that u cannot carry your own bag, you wouldn't be doing BMT.
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:31 pm

C9L9 only wear PT Kit everyday... Laughing Laughing
Book out wear civilian.

Anyways can see that he is a recruit, so that sense of Pride and Honour is still not properly instilled.

Must kenna tekan more!! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:34 pm

upbringing is crucial.

that "soldier's" parents probably pampered "him" too much. "he" probably never made "his" bed, ironed "his" clothes or did any housework.

he'd be one of those colleagues who never had to work prior to graduating and would likely complain about everything all the time.

textbook.
Back to top Go down
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Master

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:34 pm

S70B wrote:
Excuse me?

Do you have something against civil servants?

If you are so beat up that u cannot carry your own bag, you wouldn't be doing BMT.

Agree.. I have seen my friends carry their bags to the point of exhaustion where they literally pass out at the moment when they reach the checkpoint... And these aren't the normal field packs which are really light but the larger ones together with GPMG rack etc..

And these aren't physically strong people...

So there's no excuse saying that one is weak and therefore cannot carry a simple field pack..
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:42 pm

Not everyone is proud of serving the nation. When you are in uniform, behave in the correct manner.

it depends on how you see this case. Of course he can ask the maid to carry his bag. This also show how he treat people. He is either walking home or reporting to camp. I just dun see why the maid need to follow him just to carry the bag.

It maybe be that his bag has been carried by maid since nursary so it becomes a habit
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:51 pm

I also remember my BMT.

Those very skinny studious A level type also made to carry all the crap for route marches. They still managed....although barely.

This guy looks perfectly capable of carrying his bag.

Looks like he is busy texting too.

Luckily for him its the back view. Front view jia lat liao.
Back to top Go down
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Master

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:52 pm

S70B wrote:
I also remember my BMT.

Those very skinny studious A level type also made to carry all the crap for route marches. They still managed....although barely.

This guy looks perfectly capable of carrying his bag.

Looks like he is busy texting too.

Luckily for him its the back view. Front view jia lat liao.

Front view sure kena SOL for the rest of his BMT...

Everyday kena blanket party..

Do u think they will manage to track him down??

Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:54 pm

If they want, they can.... just have to ask the STOMPER where he took the picture from...
then can narrow down already.... Smile
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:54 pm

If someone can zoom in on his bag..recruit will have his platoon taped somewhere.
Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:55 pm

Dunno.

I dun doubt that the guys tasked upon 'investigating' the incident will be very very efficient.

I also feel that a reminder about personal conduct will be sent to all relevant camps and bases with penalties and charges reinforced to remind us.
Back to top Go down
Yamaha
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Yamaha

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:00 pm

weesern wrote:
Not everyone is proud of serving the nation. When you are in uniform, behave in the correct manner.

it depends on how you see this case. Of course he can ask the maid to carry his bag. This also show how he treat people. He is either walking home or reporting to camp. I just dun see why the maid need to follow him just to carry the bag.

It maybe be that his bag has been carried by maid since nursary so it becomes a habit

I totally agree with weesern. If you are in uniform behave like one, his behavier reflect the rest, especially he is in a army uniform. This reflect to others that Singapore army are sissy. If he is in a school uniform, maybe not too bad.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:05 pm

Yamaha wrote:
weesern wrote:

I totally agree with weesern. If you are in uniform behave like one, his behavier reflect the rest, especially he is in a army uniform. This reflect to others that Singapore army are sissy. If he is in a school uniform, maybe not too bad.

agree and agree and agree...
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:06 pm

I might add that uniforms are worn for a simple reason - a show of personal discipline and uniformity.

For school uniforms: A boy from RI or CH with very unkempt, dirty uniform even if its after school doesn't reflect too well on the institution he studies in.

Its really funny about uniforms.

For a society like ours who wear uniforms since we begin schooling, most NSFs look pretty sloppy in it. Even worse when it comes to reservists training.

For Americans who go to school in CVs all their years, they look damn professional and proud when they don their uniforms be it the Army, Navy or Airforce that they sign on.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:09 pm

Its the same.... thats why when we are on the golf course, we are required to tuck in our top. This is to show respect to the game. I think the same applies to Military, to show respect and feel proud in it.

I remember giving one of my guys 2 days off one time to do something to his coveralls cos its damn jia lat and smelly. And when he return, and did not do anything to it, i gave him 2 extras. Smile
Back to top Go down
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Master

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:18 pm

S70B wrote:

For Americans who go to school in CVs all their years, they look damn professional and proud when they don their uniforms be it the Army, Navy or Airforce that they sign on.

i guess its about different nature and identity.

when they don their uniform, they have made a choice to be part of the organisation

when NSFs don their uniform (some not all), the general mentality is they have been forced.

how well u wear the uniform reflects how proud you are to be in the organisation
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:19 pm

Yup.

Its not that I am pro American or look up to them like gods but I am actually more pro Singapore.

Its tough facing them when they drop by our bases or have exchanges and we have ppl in sloppy uniforms walk past or interact. Their facial expressions and body language says it all about what they think about our military no matter what impressive hardware we possess.

When I go overseas like now, I make sure I look my best, behave my best and talk in the most professional way I possibly can just so I because I wear the Singaporean Flag on my left arm...and to also answer questions about our country which will be a very major part of the conversation when interaction occurs.
Back to top Go down
Yamaha
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Yamaha

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:21 pm

Lucky maid cannot bring to field camp, If not the maid will have to carry rifle, dig trench and charge hill. Back to camp have to do area cleaning, collect meals from cook house and clean rifle. Hahaha.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disgraceful!   Disgraceful! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disgraceful!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.