Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weekday PM game fr beginners?

Go down 
+34
davecsh
Vinny
stagedbrute
golfcrazzi
ChrisD
pretty woman
ehtasham_27
salaqinc
tom201296
Derek
TourSwing
piero
poresia
DimWit Kid
steven_koh
glespaul
Batman
Bellatang
renode
BabyCroc
efoong
slyster
syfmelvin
zephyr_bloom
hardrock
Flyaway
Turbo
apSG
garfield
davidlys
honda3730
nientsu
asahi
winx19
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
winx19
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
winx19

Weekday PM game fr beginners? Empty
PostSubject: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 11:06 pm

Hi guys & gals,

I would like to check if there is any golfers ( both beginners and pros) for a short game? As I am new to the sports and not quite sure which course is good for the pros to guide the newbies ( like myself and wifey) on the course itself. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the advices
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 12:08 am

Hi,

Since wifey in the act as well, how bout NSRCC Par-3 on Sat afternoon with the rest of us?

cheers
Back to top Go down
winx19
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
winx19

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi Asahi,

Sure, this sat? what time?

cheers
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 12:09 pm

4 pm @ nsrcc changi
Back to top Go down
winx19
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
winx19

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 12:13 pm

Hi Nientsu,

thanks, do i have to a member to play thr? may you advice on the cost as well?

thanks

cheers
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 12:15 pm

Not for the par 3. However, you do need to show your PC or HCP card there.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi

Do you play on weekends? I got a fren who is looking for people to play with on Sats.

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi winx19, the cost is $43.75 for walkin and $26.75 for Safra card holder.
We will be there at 4 on Sat yea.
I will be there.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
honda3730
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
honda3730

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:22 am

I'm a beginners and am keen for a weekday game. Let me know if you have any plan. New here

winx19 wrote:
Hi guys & gals,

I would like to check if there is any golfers ( both beginners and pros) for a short game? As I am new to the sports and not quite sure which course is good for the pros to guide the newbies ( like myself and wifey) on the course itself. Any suggestions?

Back to top Go down
winx19
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
winx19

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 2:41 pm

honda3730 wrote:
I'm a beginners and am keen for a weekday game. Let me know if you have any plan. New here

winx19 wrote:
Hi guys & gals,

Hi Honda,

I am keen too, i heard that there are some executive course for PM, in Jurong, Changi. Mandai and Sebawang

maybe we ccan see if any other would like to join us.
Back to top Go down
davidlys
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 11:09 pm

hello, count me in if there a upcoming game too! Smile
Back to top Go down
honda3730
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
honda3730

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:46 am

Hi Honda,

I am keen too, i heard that there are some executive course for PM, in Jurong, Changi. Mandai and Sebawang

maybe we ccan see if any other would like to join us.[/quote]

Have played several time at Jurong during weekday PM. Good timing for beginner to practice.

Any good idea from Davidlys?
Back to top Go down
garfield
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
garfield

Location : Latitude: 1º22´ North of the Equator, Longitude: 103º48´ East of Greenwich

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:38 am

winx19 wrote:
Hi guys & gals,

Par 3 courses in Singapore Mandai Executive, Jurong, Green Fairway and NSRCC Executive. Weekends are usually crowded.

If you can spare some time to head to JB, you can play a full 18-hole. Weekdays are not so crowded.

Buggy can go on fairway except raining days.
Daiman 18
Orchard
Palm Villa
Pulai Springs
The Legend
Starhill (Bukit Course)
Tanjong Putri

Buggy on track
Austin Hills
Christine (formerly Octville)
Horizon Hills
Ponderosa

Walking Course
Royal Johor
Starhill (Bintang course)

9 Holes
Impian

NB: Information may have changed. Best to check status upon booking.

Courses have varying degree of difficulties and I will give those walking course and buggy on track a miss for the time being.

If you are collecting your 5 x 18H score cards for handicap purpose than give Austin Hills, Orchard and Christine a miss as they are not USGA rated.

by the way, not all the courses in JB are well maintained. So go with an open mind.

Happy golfing. Think I Topic OFF liao. Sorry Mod.
Back to top Go down
winx19
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
winx19

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:06 am

Hi Garfield,

Thanks for the detailed info.

It sure gives me, a beginner, a great insights on the various course we can play on...

Cheers !
Back to top Go down
davidlys
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:47 am

thanks too! much appreciated info. any hitters free to play during wkdays (less crowded and less rushed) Smile
Back to top Go down
garfield
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
garfield

Location : Latitude: 1º22´ North of the Equator, Longitude: 103º48´ East of Greenwich

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:04 am

hi guys, you are most welcome. i was and still am a beginner (under 100 games).

I own a Car GPS (I swear by Garmin) and it comes in handy as most of the JB courses are properly mapped. It even brought me safely to Melaka and back.

If you don't own one, you can use Google Map for direction. The link here may be outdated, so it's best to verify it again with Google Map. http://www.golfrepublic.org/t8335-direction-to-jb-golf-courses

You can book some JB courses on your own, check out http://www.golfgreedy.com/

Those you can't book with Golf Greedy, you can do so with Rohana (Oscars Travel). She is contactable at Mobile: 9650-8609. She will send you an sms once the flight is booked. Just turn up at club house, pay and play.
Back to top Go down
apSG
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
apSG

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:06 am

Anyone keen for game in JB this thurs AM ???

Can play at Legends, Palm Villa, Palm Resort.....
Back to top Go down
winx19
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
winx19

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:43 am

hey apSg,

sounds tempting... wat time should we go then?

Back to top Go down
apSG
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
apSG

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:48 am

Can meet @ 6:30 - 7am?
Please pm me ur number
Back to top Go down
honda3730
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
honda3730

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 4:27 pm

apSG wrote:
Can meet @ 6:30 - 7am?
Please pm me ur number

This Thurs is kind of rush for me.
Am keen to play in April. Let me know if there is any game plan. SMS me 9 six two five 9 five zero 4
Cheers.. Beer

Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 3:10 pm

asahi wrote:
Hi,

Since wifey in the act as well, how bout NSRCC Par-3 on Sat afternoon with the rest of us?

cheers

Meaning only play all the PAR-3 holes in the course (i.e. Airforce, Arm & navy)?
Back to top Go down
Flyaway
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:02 am

Hi...i'm a beginner too...i'll be good if i can learn more on green with you guys...weekend will be better for me bounce
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:07 am

garfield wrote:
winx19 wrote:
Hi guys & gals,

Par 3 courses in Singapore Mandai Executive, Jurong, Green Fairway and NSRCC Executive. Weekends are usually crowded.

If you can spare some time to head to JB, you can play a full 18-hole. Weekdays are not so crowded.

Buggy can go on fairway except raining days.
Daiman 18
Orchard
Palm Villa
Pulai Springs
The Legend
Starhill (Bukit Course)
Tanjong Putri

Buggy on track
Austin Hills
Christine (formerly Octville)
Horizon Hills
Ponderosa

Walking Course
Royal Johor
Starhill (Bintang course)

9 Holes
Impian

NB: Information may have changed. Best to check status upon booking.

Courses have varying degree of difficulties and I will give those walking course and buggy on track a miss for the time being.

If you are collecting your 5 x 18H score cards for handicap purpose than give Austin Hills, Orchard and Christine a miss as they are not USGA rated.

by the way, not all the courses in JB are well maintained. So go with an open mind.

Happy golfing. Think I Topic OFF liao. Sorry Mod.

you know all JB course well. pro le
Back to top Go down
zephyr_bloom
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zephyr_bloom

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:09 am

Turbo wrote:
asahi wrote:
Hi,

cheers

Meaning only play all the PAR-3 holes in the course (i.e. Airforce, Arm & navy)?

Been there once. It's actually a separate executive course which comprises 9 holes of Par 3.
Back to top Go down
zephyr_bloom
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zephyr_bloom

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:18 am

Flyaway wrote:
Hi...i'm a beginner too...i'll be good if i can learn more on green with you guys...weekend will be better for me bounce

Hi there, U may wan to keep a look out for this thread. http://www.golfrepublic.org/t9841-nsrcc-par-3-executive-course-gathering
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekday PM game fr beginners?   Weekday PM game fr beginners? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekday PM game fr beginners?
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next