Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?

Go down 
+15
klt8144
dmateo
michael yong
nrafee
Gray
duffader
slinger
poundpuppy
kian
jimmychoo
Ssquirrel
DGman
mUAr_cHEe
Duval_S
Technospaz
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:17 am

DGman wrote:
anyone wants serialised ferrules or mzuno ns pros shafts with serial nos?

price just increase 100%

that is the dilema that I have been dealing with. I have a set of mizzies in graphite. If I change shaft from 4i to pw, its wld cost me another 300 to 500. $500 can buy a new set leh or a second hand one with ns pro shaft. Changing shafts just doesnt make any economic sense does it?

Am I missing something here?

Anyway, my conclusion was just to buy a new set and leave my mizzie for consignment sale at far east. Keep my fingers crossed that someone will buy.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:37 am

Quote :
Gray wrote:
DGman wrote:

price just increase 100%

that is the dilema that I have been dealing with. I have a set of mizzies in graphite. If I change shaft from 4i to pw, its wld cost me another 300 to 500. $500 can buy a new set leh or a second hand one with ns pro shaft. Changing shafts just doesnt make any economic sense does it?

Anyway, my conclusion was just to buy a new set and leave my mizzie for consignment sale at far east. Keep my fingers crossed that someone will buy.

well, if the iron head is something which you like.....then chaging the shaft is being pro-active as in , one is making it happen. While buying the whole set, is more like reactive or relatively more reactive. But if your iron head is those plentiful in the 2nd hand market macam some of the TM models, then you are correct.

Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:43 am

Gray,
I agree with you. It doesn't make sense to change shaft if the shaft you that you want to use can be found on the stock iron set. So unless if it is some very expensive or special shaft that you want to use, then it is better to buy a new set.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 9:07 am

Gray wrote:
DGman wrote:

price just increase 100%

I would say that changing the shafts of a club may be something which becomes necessary as your game changes. And, you can decide at that stage whether or not the shaft change is worthwhile. Of course, it may not make the most economic sense but if you like a particular set of irons (heads), then matching them with a set of shafts which you also like seems to be a good approach.
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 10:00 am

nrafee wrote:
Gray,
I agree with you. It doesn't make sense to change shaft if the shaft you that you want to use can be found on the stock iron set. So unless if it is some very expensive or special shaft that you want to use, then it is better to buy a new set.

yeah ns pro 950 can be found easily on stock shafts. It is the 850 that is harder to find. Anyway, I just ordered a TM set that uses an 85gram stock shaft. I cant wait for that to arrice and test it out. The whole new set with heads and shipping will cost me less than buyin g Second hand shafts and changing grips
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:46 am

Let me guess, burner plus? Red face one?
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:35 pm

nrafee wrote:
Let me guess, burner plus? Red face one?

yeah bro. How you know?
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:53 pm

i bought that too.. lelong lelong in US market now... cheap and good. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:58 pm

nrafee wrote:
i bought that too.. lelong lelong in US market now... cheap and good. Smile

aiyah early early know, i borrow urs to test drive in the range first then order from the usa.
Back to top Go down
michael yong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
michael yong

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 11:51 pm

Hi,
i just got a set of mp68, realised that there are serial number on all iron except 7i scratch
anyone know why??? or anybody with mp68 has same as mine??

Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 Presen11

Last edited by michael yong on Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:10 am

havent check (it's in the car).
Will check sometime tomorrow and let you know.

Back to top Go down
michael yong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
michael yong

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:18 am

dmateo wrote:
havent check (it's in the car).
Will check sometime tomorrow and let you know.

thanks bro....
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:40 pm

hmm.. doesn't seems to have any serial number. I checked two club, 8 and 7.
Back to top Go down
klt8144
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
klt8144

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 3:31 pm

my mizuno irons have no serial numbers printed too. last month i lost my X22 callaway iron, then i realised that serial number not printed,only on 1 pcs ( 8-iron had ser# printed).

looks like the rest do not ser# printed too.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 3:33 pm

klt8144 wrote:
my mizuno irons have no serial numbers printed too. last month i lost my X22 callaway iron, then i realised that serial number not printed,only on 1 pcs ( 8-iron had ser# printed).

KL, your serial# exists!! It's I4U5TL3R

Somehow... Mloy has the same serial number... but diff irons.
Back to top Go down
WeeQi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 3:35 pm

hmm... i just got a set of mizuno mp 58 from a bro on this forum.

seems like the serial number is on the shaft...
Back to top Go down
michael yong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
michael yong

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:28 pm

dmateo wrote:

bro, u got check on other irons as well??
Back to top Go down
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:00 pm

klt8144 wrote:

Yes, callaway only has serial no on 8 iron.
Back to top Go down
klt8144
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
klt8144

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:11 pm

2008 wrote:
klt8144 wrote:

Yes, callaway only has serial no on 8 iron.

cheers so my set is genuine standard... Laughing in view of this , i suggest we marked our club separately. share my experience...

last month I happen to left my 6 iron at occ in one of the game. a few days later discovered the lost when wanted to take this iron but nowhere to be found. Called OCC to informed my lost club. Well they found 6-iron (x22) and placed at the counter... but they also said that it was claimed by someone else ( happen to be OCC captain). Had deep thought of how to identified it is mine.. so got to wait till he say not his. Thats why I realised that only 8-iron has serialised number printed. a week passed, with the help from my OCC friend , eventually the captain said to let me have it. Therefor I suggest we marked our club in case such thing happen again.
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:20 pm

michael yong wrote:
dmateo wrote:

bro, u got check on other irons as well??

checked all of them. no serial number. Bought from Golf House. Ah well, it's playable Smile
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:23 pm

US Set... Serial on hosel
UK Set... Serial on ferrule
SG Set... Serial on Shaft

Noticed that even my previously bought Mizuno sets (MP52 & MP68) from GH didn't have serials
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:28 pm

thanks Jon for clarification....coming fm you as I was shitting bricks

now......I am relief....
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:42 pm

huh why are you shitting bricks ? you iron brand is "some" why worry ? lol!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 9:09 pm

if you want stop the diarrhea, we have lots of Mizuno pullouts shafts with serial nos on the shafts. if we get the US heads, SG shaft and UK ferrule, you have lots of serial nos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
simbk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:38 pm

My MX 200 bought from GH have the serial no etched on the shaft.Was playing at OCC 5 weeks ago , realised that my 5 iron was missing but till date no body have returned.

Went to Far East to look for any body selling the 5 iron...sadly cannot find.
Anybody have MX200 5iron graphite R flex for sale.....no question asked.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?   Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do your Mizuno irons have a serial number?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2