Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number

Go down 
+3
Kel81
AJTAURUS
dreamer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dreamer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number Empty
PostSubject: Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number   Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:01 pm

A friend asked me to sell his original AP1 (2008) for him.
Before I listed, I check the clubs and noticed that none of the clubs has any serial number.
I asked him and he confirmed that he bought it when he was working in Aust from a reputable shop.
Anyway, I don't think he asked me to sell counterfeit clubs, but just want to be sure.

Any bro here owned the original AP1.
Can check for me whether the 6-iron has serial number?
Or any other clubs has serial number?

Thank a lot.

Back to top Go down
AJTAURUS
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
AJTAURUS

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number   Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:33 pm

dreamer wrote:
A friend asked me to sell his original AP1 (2008) for him.
Before I listed, I check the clubs and noticed that none of the clubs has any serial number.
I asked him and he confirmed that he bought it when he was working in Aust from a reputable shop.
Anyway, I don't think he asked me to sell counterfeit clubs, but just want to be sure.

Any bro here owned the original AP1.
Can check for me whether the 6-iron has serial number?
Or any other clubs has serial number?

Thank a lot.

If bought as set serial number on 6i. However, if the clubs are ordered from Tileist as an incomplete set then every club will have a serial number. For TM Burners 1.0 for exaqmple, serial number on 7i if bought as set. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
dreamer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number   Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:42 pm

I googled and seem like for older titleist irons, only custom set has number on 6-iron.
For stock set, nil number.
For newer set, custom set, number on every irons.
Stock set number on 6-iron only.

http://www.titleist.com.sg/teamtitleist/gb/f/118/t/12066.aspx

Any bro with original AP1 can help
To confirm?
Back to top Go down
Kel81
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number   Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:10 am

My understanding is only 6' iron will have serial number if u buy off the shelf. For custom set, all irons will have same serial numbers.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number   Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 7:57 am

Kel81 wrote:
My understanding is only 6' iron will have serial number if u buy off the shelf. For custom set, all irons will have same serial numbers.

Yes, kel81 was right Wink
Wrote in to Team Titleist fr verification after gotta my tits 710 CB irons as its serial number only on 6i w compared to my previous AP2 set where each iron come w serial. Cool
Back to top Go down
Lipp
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number   Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 8:05 am

My AP1 710 only have serial no. on 6 iron. I bought it off the shelf. Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
maslie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
maslie

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number   Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 10:12 am

My original AP1 (2008) have serial no. on 6 too. I bought new at authorized Titleist retailer.
Back to top Go down
dreamer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number   Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 9:54 pm

hmmm ... interesting.

I will ask him to look for receipt as well as email Titleist for info.
He bought from Drummond Golf in Australia.

Thanks for all the info.
Back to top Go down
Kel81
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number   Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 3:15 pm

If there's no serial numbers I doubt Titleist can do anything... Look carefully again at 6' iron..maybe "polish" off? Haha just guessing... Cos my previous set callaway iron, I almost polish off my serial number on my 8' iron last time... Very siao on, clean after every game.. Heehee
Back to top Go down
dreamer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number   Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 3:25 pm

Titleist has replied.
Did not want to reproduce the whole email here, but it was revealed that the local (Australia-New Zealand) protocol for laser etching serial numbers on Titleist golf clubs varies depending on the order and the customer.
But as usual titleist also stated that "Please be advised the laser etching on the hosels is NOT a guarantee of authenticity of the club from the manufacturer. "

Thanks for all the information.

Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number   Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 8:35 pm

dreamer wrote:
Titleist has replied.
Did not want to reproduce the whole email here, but it was revealed that the local (Australia-New Zealand) protocol for laser etching serial numbers on Titleist golf clubs varies depending on the order and the customer.
But as usual titleist also stated that "Please be advised the laser etching on the hosels is NOT a guarantee of authenticity of the club from the manufacturer. "

Thanks for all the information.

Why don't you send to achsunet sg to verify.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number   Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Titleist AP1 (original version) Serial Number
Page 1 of 1