Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number

Go down 
+4
Roystonnn
jeremykoh
DGman
raz1979
8 posters
AuthorMessage
raz1979
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number Empty
PostSubject: Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number   Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 6:55 pm

Hi, I am looking for advice on a Callaway RAZR fit driver that does not have a serial number stamped on it.

I was told by golfbidder that not all clubs from Callaway have serial numbers if they are custom fit or from a tour van.

I have used it and it drives really well and powerfully, I hit it approx 250 carry (with no roll as its wet in England at the moment).

It looks and sounds and feels great. Could a fake still perform like this in your opinion? Ore should I look to getting my money back?

Regards
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number   Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:54 pm

Most of the Callaway products before the Razr Fit may occasionally have some units without serial no. With the new Razr Fit i have not seen any driver heads without markings or serial nos with exception on the fairway woods.

we have been supporting Callaway Tour Department for the Asian Tour and have been installing the shafts on the new Razr Fit from November last year. i have not come across a Razr Fit driver without a serial no during this period. Most of the tour issue may have the mark "TC" marked on them. others may have the mark "PT" after the serial no.

here's an example of a driver shot during the LPGA Honda Classic at Siam Country Club in Feb this year.

Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number 6995825138_1981e3a29d_z

Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number 7141911663_5c3cd64392_z

i am not saying that you have a fake driver, just that its not necessarily from the Tour Department. also most of the drivers will come with a double cog as shown on both pictures.

hope it helps.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
jeremykoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number   Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:07 pm

eric i think this will be the most powerful weapon in my bag with the head and the cog... hahahahhaah
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number   Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:18 pm

Damn beautiful.... I need a 3wood...
Time to find time go den n mingle with the new toys there ler...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number   Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:35 pm

JK i think yours have the mark PT..........

careful Roystonn, u may be mistaken to be a hybrid of other sorts....haha
Back to top Go down
jeremykoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number   Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:48 pm

That's why I say it's the most powerful weapon in my bag Hee Hee... The double cog can get driver and wood will be good
Back to top Go down
raz1979
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number   Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:41 am

Thanks for this reply. Mine only has a single cog (I take it you mean the cog on the hossel) but I wasn't concerned about the single cog as the 2 I have seen in American Golf and another Pro shop also had a single cog. As far as I can tell, but comparing my driver with the one in the pro shop they look identical. The only exception being the lack of Serial number.

I am thinking that if it was a Fake, the makers would want to put a serial number on there to make it look even more authentic. Why go to all the bother of making it look that good and miss an easy thing like a number stamp.

Maybe its a demo club or custom club/second hence the reason I got it cheap. It certainly sounds great and I hit some great drive with it.

Nice pictures by the way, I have fallen in love with that 3 wood Smile
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
riverdeity

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number   Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 5:46 am

Did you get it from golfbidder? if you did, its prob real.
They are quite trustworthy in the UK.
Back to top Go down
raz1979
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number   Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 6:44 am

No I got it from a guy who had just bought a shop and inherited a lot of old and some new stock. I have no doubt that a most of the clubs I looked at were genuine, but it just when i read up about Callaway drivers having Serial Numbers alarm bells started ringing.

I can still get my money back, but i am torn between letting a bargain go if it is the real thing. Somebody else will just buy it.

Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number   Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:51 am

if it gives you 250 meters, there is no reason to deny it's performance. i would give it the benefit of the doubt and keep the driver.

the standard cog has the ability to adjust the driver at 3 face angles (Open, Closed or Standard). the double cog allows for Face and Loft adjustments and has 9 options. the unique feature of the Cally Fazr Fit is the shaft stays in the same orientation and thats something that TM will have to seriously think about this feature without infringing into the IP of the Cally adaptor.

DGman
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number   Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:18 pm

DGman wrote:
the unique feature of the Cally Fazr Fit is the shaft stays in the same orientation DGman

This is huge, very annoying with ribbed grip, or logo is pointing 90 degrees from where it should.

Also guessing, no use spining a shaft when you are going to move it from its original position.
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
ledude23
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number   Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:54 am

Late last year and early this year I bought quite a few Callaway drivers--- I bought several Razr Fits, Tour Authentics, and Razr Fit extreme--- I was looking for the best setup for me. 2 of the Callaway Razr Fits had no serial number. Razr Fit 9.5 and 10.5-no serial number. This alarmed me--- Long, long story short- I called (i didn't email) 3Ballsgolf, the seller, and then called Callaway golf to find out the truth about these NSN Razr Fit drivers- NSN, no serial number. The Callaway rep told me the same thing the 3ballsgolf rep told me-- Here's a summation- The gentleman at Callaway that I personally called and talked with said this is actually pretty common- He said when they are building a driver out in the field, tour van etc, that there likely won't be any serial number- the head and shaft get built to spec literally right there in the van. That genuinely relieved me--- I've also hit them side by side w/ the other razr fits-- same performance...I finally settled on a Razr Fit, 9.5, with a Diamana Whiteboard 63x5ct in stiff and about 1/2" shorter than Cally stock specs. I am using this one, and a Ping G20, 10.5 with a Diamana Kai'li 60x5ct. I settled on these two for the following reasons---- The Callaway is considerably longer- the Ping is much more accurate.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number   Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:42 am

shorthitter wrote:
DGman wrote:
the unique feature of the Cally Fazr Fit is the shaft stays in the same orientation DGman

This is huge, very annoying with ribbed grip, or logo is pointing 90 degrees from where it should.

Also guessing, no use spining a shaft when you are going to move it from its original position.

The beauty of Callaway's system is that it doesn't move the spine orientation (and grip position) when you adjust loft and face angle...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number   Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Callaway RAZR Fit - No Serial Number
Page 1 of 1