Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ?

Go down 
+2
Slicer51
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ? Empty
PostSubject: Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ?   Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 2:32 pm

Hi guys,

May I know what the different between these drivers ?

I only know the Tour Authentic cost more and both designs look were different.

http://www.callawaygolf.com/global/en-us/golf-equipment/golf-clubs/drivers/tour-authentic-razr-fit-driver/specs.html

http://www.callawaygolf.com/global/en-gb/golf-equipment/golf-clubs/drivers/razr-fit-driver/specs.html

Back to top Go down
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ?   Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 2:37 pm

tour version comes with double cog, more weight option, different shaft offered.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ?   Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 2:44 pm

2008 wrote:
tour version comes with double cog.

Bro, I am idiot for this type of stuff .. What is double cog ?

Does Tour Authentic version more for low HCP or better players ? high swing speed ?
Back to top Go down
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ?   Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 2:48 pm

http://www.golfwrx.com/25094/callaway-tour-authentic-razr-fit-adjustable-driver/

instead of closed, square and open face, double cog allows additional setting like slight closed, slight opened...
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ?   Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 3:01 pm

Thanks Desmond,

I appreciate for the help given Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ?   Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 3:06 pm

In fact you can buy a double cog from ebay at USD50.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ?   Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:11 pm

I'm using.

Quite easy to hit
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ?   Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 9:16 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
I'm using.

Quite easy to hit

Easy to hit is one thing, hitting far is another... But you have both of the 2... lol!
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ?   Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 9:19 pm

i tried both drivers and i somehow feel that the Face of the Tour authentic is hotter than the normal one.. and when hit sweet spot, the Tour Authentic is more rewarding in terms of feel and distance..

the double cog dun work for me as i use the exact settings as Crayon..

so at the end of the day, its what u wan...

but the Tour Authentic is very confidence inspiring..
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ?   Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 2:13 am

andrew-golf wrote:
i tried both drivers and i somehow feel that the Face of the Tour authentic is hotter than the normal one.. and when hit sweet spot, the Tour Authentic is more rewarding in terms of feel and distance..

the double cog dun work for me as i use the exact settings as Crayon..

so at the end of the day, its what u wan...

but the Tour Authentic is very confidence inspiring..

Thanks for the feedback Andrew.
Back to top Go down
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
crayon33

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ?   Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 8:59 am

I think the double cog is actually meant for adjusting for added loft, in addition to adjusting the face angle ( open, standard and closed).

The TA comes in original Project X Black shaft, which is a good shaft. Right now, there is a promotion at Golfsmith, at US$399 for the TA, which is US$100 cheaper than what I paid for.

As for the cogs on ebay, I am not sure if they are original, because from I see from post above, they are .355. The one in the TA is .350 and your fitter will need to put in a shim when you reshaft.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ?   Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 10:22 am

for those with the double cog....i cannot publish the setting but you can swing by and i can print a copy for you. its confidential and not to be published.

if you can agreeable to the arrangement, please come by to get clarification on the cog's setting. and do bring your driver or fw for verification of the cog.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ?   Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 12:24 pm

Thanks Eric for offering the help as usual .. I will, not until I get myself a Tour Authentic RAZR 1st. If not, I will still go to see whether any more interesting golf books to read and talk about the demo fish stick that I have OMG ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ?   Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Callaway RAZR Fit vs Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver ?
Page 1 of 1