Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Asian Tour Q-school

Go down 
+7
asahi
shorthitter
botak
duffader
jimmychoo
Khorkar
DGman
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Asian Tour Q-school - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:37 pm

Dgman & SH,

Based on yr comments, can you relate how the Korean, Thais and Caucasian differs? I like to know what do they do as in regime and act to win?
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:45 pm

Let me just add.... to be successful in sport excellence... Culture and leadership are the most important element, unfortunately we do not have them in golf ! Just imagine SGA and SPGA do not see eye to eye for starters! SGA programmed are not in tune/line to SPGA nor SPGA programmed are in tune/line with SGA. One might say they are different organisation, yes, true, but do they have dialogue to exchange ideas or share problems Singapore golf is facing or do they know there is a problem?, have you heard of such a dialogue taken place ?

Can Singapore amateur reach excellence?, SGA selectors are always under pressure from kids parents and parents interference to the programmed ! example "my kids are good why he/she not selected !!! " SGA solution.... used a fix point system for selections "

How can Singapore pro reach excellence, Er? who the is SPGA President har? Does he have the "Cloud" to be the President ? does he have the respect from all the members? what does most of the local member do on their free time? hassle each other on and off the golf course ? and they call that practice !

We have so many good Foreign Pro as member, do they tap on their experience or knowledge ?

Its a sad day for Singapore Golf !!! Darn it been too long!

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:48 pm

And now we see, it's not just the players but also the operating environment and the ppl operating it.

Can see parallel of this in our local football too.
After donkey years, still going nowhere.

Way I see it, 2 popular sports going downhill in terms of making it big in the international arena.

Mad
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:56 pm

Just in time for this discussion; tomorrow SPGA will do a PRO test at Raffles Country Club!

BEST OF LUCK TO TIMMY!

I hope you don't turn out to be those mentioned by SH and DGman. You have HUGE talents...do the right thing little bro (Sometimes looking at his drives and skills, I forgot that hes just 20?)
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:14 am

funny thing happened last week. i had a young amateur who came to see me after he spoke to S70B.

he asked me to be his mentor and i told him i am not qualified. we spent the next hour chatting and at the end of the conversation, he still want me to be his mentor. i want to help him because i asked him what was his dream.

His dream is to win the British Open. i like that and i like his attitude.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Asian Tour Q-school
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2