Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Asian Tour Q-School

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Asian Tour Q-School Empty
PostSubject: Asian Tour Q-School   Asian Tour Q-School I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 10:33 am

just a quick update in case you have not checked....

only one singapore player remaining at the final stage this year. looks like the condition is really tough.

my favorite singapore player started well (rd 1 - 70) but unfortunately a few bad holes ended his quest (rd 2 - 79).

my favourite thai student is still in the hunt at -3 while Singapore's big white hope crash out at 81 and 71.

interesting to see which top 60 players get the full right for the Asian Tour 2013 season

Last edited by DGman on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-School   Asian Tour Q-School I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:57 pm

Singapore's big white hope is pathetic.

Rooting for CTH to make the top 40 and qualify. He is playing well today in 3rd round.

dgman, why QQ not playing huh?
Back to top Go down
mattpro0796
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
mattpro0796

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-School   Asian Tour Q-School I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:06 pm

Good showing for Singapore's Koh Deng Shan in 2nd rd 68

Shame about the first rd 76 missed by 1 !!!

Met him a few times at our range. Nice guy - the kid's got talent....
Back to top Go down
http://academyofgolf.com.sg
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-School   Asian Tour Q-School I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:30 pm

coe16arg wrote:
Singapore's big white hope is pathetic.

Rooting for CTH to make the top 40 and qualify. He is playing well today in 3rd round.

dgman, why QQ not playing huh?

cos he is entitled to country exemptions and get at least 50% starts, just like LCB.

however for the big money or co-sanctioned event, they will not get any standing unless they win an event earlier in the year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-School   Asian Tour Q-School I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:51 pm

DGman wrote:
just a quick update in case you have not checked....

only one singapore player remaining at the final stage this year. looks like the condition is really tough.

my favorite singapore player started well (rd 1 - 70) but unfortunately a few bad holes ended his quest (rd 2 - 79).

my favourite thai student is still in the hunt at -3 while Singapore's big white hope crash out at 81 and 71.

interesting to see which top 60 players get the full right for the Asian Tour 2013 season

Atiwit made it through meh? I can't find his name on the scoring board...

Edit: I finally saw his name listed as Jazz instead of Atiwit...
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-School   Asian Tour Q-School I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 3:40 pm

This is interesting....I agreed with Dgman that the conditions this year are tough...
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-School   Asian Tour Q-School I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 9:12 pm

CTH made it! cheers cheers cheers

Well done. Looking forward to see another Singapore pro playing on the tour regularly.

Chris Rogers made it too.

Jazz didn't, together with some other talented youngesters like Miguel Tabuena, Rory Hie. Looks like a very tough day out there today.
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-School   Asian Tour Q-School I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 8:28 am

CHOO TZE HUANG (SIN), FINAL ROUND, TWO-UNDER-PAR 69, TOTAL 281

I think I played really good today as per the last two days. I didn’t really feel the pressure until I was at the last hole. I just kept focusing on what I need to do and telling myself to take one shot at a time. I got ahead of myself a little bit after the 13th hole when I made a bogey on the 14th. I thought I should just remain composed and try to hang in there till the last hole. Overall I think I played really well and I can’t complain about it. We made mistakes out there but I’m happy I gave myself a chance to make it into the top 40. I really enjoyed myself throughout the four days here playing in the Asian Tour Q-School. I had a great start and my dad gave me a very good piece of advice that really helped me this week. He told me that this week is not a competition but a marathon because we’ve got four days out there. I was lucky enough to make the cut after the second day and I was able to give myself many chances over the last two days. I’m just pleased that I can put myself in that position. I’ll definitely have more events to play this year. I’m looking forward to getting better and I’ll try to make a mark on the Asian Tour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-School   Asian Tour Q-School I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Asian Tour Q-School
Page 1 of 1