Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Asian Tour Q-school

Go down 
+7
asahi
shorthitter
botak
duffader
jimmychoo
Khorkar
DGman
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Asian Tour Q-school Empty
PostSubject: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:13 pm

looks like none of the hot Singapore players got a full tour card...

a bit of good news for Zen fans.

Both the 2 top thai qualifiers are Zen users.

Thanyakorn KHRONGPHA - Zen ZAP
Panuphol PITTAYARAT ZEN ZAM

the top 40 at the final round gets a full card.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:03 pm

Our Singapore players got creamed!!!! Sigh....
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:17 am

everyone got creamed by the golf course.

i was told that its just so difficult to put it near and with the greens running so fast, it was 4 tough days for those who made the cut.

i know one of the Singapore golfer who was so confident of his chances only to shoot an 80. i don't think they are not good enough...they should respect the course and spent a bit more time at both courses before hand.

DGman
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 12:04 pm

DGman wrote:
i know one of the Singapore golfer who was so confident of his chances only to shoot an 80. i don't think they are not good enough...they should respect the course and spent a bit more time at both courses before hand.
Meaning he is or they are too HL? Shocked
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:29 pm

THere is always a stronger opponent, irregardless how good you are. Its very typical of local sportsmen, especially those who are hometown champion. THey can never handle the pressure.... " I remember a national coach that once told me this... "they are good, but they will never be good enough!"
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 5:07 pm

Almost half Top 40 are angmoh names.

Looks like Asian Tour getting quite popular, even with the non-Asians.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:22 pm

botak wrote:
Almost half Top 40 are angmoh names.

Looks like Asian Tour getting quite popular, even with the non-Asians.

But what does that tell you....... the same thing I said to DGMan today, the local boys expect things to happen, they dont go out and MAKE them happen...... hit 20 balls play facebook about how hot it is, go for lunch, check facebook, putt 2 balls. then go home.... If you are not practicing ALL DAY you are not trying......
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:53 pm

Hear hear..... Very Happy

Wonder who can pass this mentality to our local golfers?
Or are they so think or full of themselves that telling them would be pointless?

hmmm..... scratch
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:04 pm

asahi wrote:

Or are they so think or full of themselves that telling them would be pointless?

hmmm..... scratch

IMO it needs to come from the top players... LCB and MM, but realistically it is not their responsibility, you are responsible for your own actions....

I played once with one of Singapore pioneer Pros, and a member of "the up and coming" and I was disgusted, so much so that I complained to the SPGA President, these boys do not deserve a start in Pro events if they cannot act properly...

The product... (sorry everyone) of golf still being an elitist sport here and all the spoilt country club kids getting the head start....
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Quote :
shorthitter wrote:
asahi wrote:

hmmm..... scratch

IMO it needs to come from the top players... LCB and MM, but realistically it is not their responsibility, you are responsible for your own actions....

I played once with one of Singapore pioneer Pros, and a member of "the up and coming" and I was disgusted, so much so that I complained to the SPGA President, these boys do not deserve a start in Pro events if they cannot act properly...

The product... (sorry everyone) of golf still being an elitist sport here and all the spoilt country club kids getting the head start....

hey SH, can give some insight on what you meant by ' cannot act properly '. Though I am not Q-school material nor BT Golf calibre, but I do really want to act properly during the game.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:18 pm

shorthitter wrote:
asahi wrote:

hmmm..... scratch

Then this is a very sad case for Singapore golf then. Crying or Very sad

SH, maybe you can try to work out smtg from the grassroots level?
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:18 pm

Spitting, swearing, throwing clubs, just basically acting like a spoilt brat... I can live with that, if it a Pro an playing for his living, I can understand outbursts, not great of course but if you are playing for your rent or car payment I can understand a little frustration.... a boy that has been given an exemption into a Pro event, and is playing with one of the old pro's that actually paved the way for this boy to be playing, walking and spitting on his line is unforgiveable...

Any weekend golfer, and yes that includes you MC has no excuse to get angry an throw cubs, it is not your job, your livelyhood and family survival does not depend on the shot or outcome... you should take it as it is as a game.....

Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:29 pm

asahi wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
asahi wrote:

hmmm..... scratch

Then this is a very sad case for Singapore golf then. Crying or Very sad

Once again, and this is only my opinion... this is where projects like YGP, (which is the golf program at laguna sponsored by HSBC) is important because we as coached there do not care about your wealth status because your parents are not paying your fees, a 3rd party is so they are all treated tthe same... no maids allwoed, no parents allowed... you are in my control... hahahahahahaahha...

As opposed to many of the other junior programs, parents are barred because of the conflicts...

It works well, I dont care if you are a zillionaire or a pauper we taech you to the best of OUR abililty... and if you dont want to learn we kick you out and replace you with someone that does... your family background has no bearing and realistically we are not even aware of it...

There been times when the student rebels and says well my coach from such and such acedemy says I sould do it this way and as it is best academy in Singapore we will do his way... then fine go back there....

I know at Laugana we have a good group of coaches, and we want success, and we have the backing of the board, they dont want to learn then out they go... is awesome.... parents cannot watch and comment is awesome, now we can train the ones that WANT to suceed.....

SH, maybe you can try to work out smtg from the grassroots level?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:37 pm

the truth is a lot of the younger pros call MM and Udorn uncle but not in the respectful sort of way. they used to think that they are over the hill and not stylish like they are.

the real truth is ...Uncle somehow always gets to play on the weekends while the young ones are packing away on friday nights and back home by saturdays.

success depends on oneself. no one is obliged to help anyone especially on the tour. Do you think that MM or Udorn who have worked tirelessy the last 20 years will help anyone (unconditionally) who ask? Both started golf as caddies, taught themselves to play golf and have ups and downs in their lives and professional careers.

i remember once when MM related how he have just turned pro, he had to worried about his new HDB house and do not know when the next pay check was coming from. he had a hole-in-one that week, won and sold the hole-in-one prize, a car. He said God was kind to him and i distinctively saw tears in his eyes when he related that story. such is the will of a man who knows what he have to do week in week out to put food on the table because his job is winning at golf, not playing golf.

Got the point?

DGman
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:38 pm

dp

Last edited by DGman on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:40 pm

Seems like hunger and the will to succeed are the key ingredients for golfing success which it seems are sorely lacking in our younger pros.

Wink
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:46 pm

the young ones are playing golf but they have no plans to win at the game.

SH already talk about their "training" regime.

DGman
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:48 pm

Conversation between Duffy and a touring pro at the den.

Duffy: So what is your practise regime a day?
TP: depending on what i am working on, on a average, 1000 balls a day...
Duffy: Wah, thats a lot for a day.... so which clubs you practise for that 1000 balls?
TP: Clubs? 1000 balls is normally for one club. Only then i can know whether i am hitting the sweet spot.
Duffy What a Face

I think most of us, before our clubs can hit 1000 balls, we will be looking for new clubs already. Cos we can afford to change and buy... but touring pros, they have to worry about who pays their handphone bill for the next month.... not a easy way of living.

I rather be playing golf as a hobby and leisure then doing it for a living.... its really tough.

Last edited by duffader on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:49 pm

DGman wrote:
the young ones are playing golf but they have no plans to win at the game.

SH already talk about their "training" regime.

DGman

Errmmm, that'd would be a laughing stock of a regime compared to what should have been.

Razz

Yea, Duffy hit it on the nail! Given such uncertainty, it is not a life for everyone.

But 1000 balls per club...pwah! affraid
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:06 pm

why do you think there is a 10 cent coin mark on the sweet spot of the iron after 2 months of use?

if you look at the pros set of irons, you can tell his work rate.

if you wish you can too...i can recommend the right sand paper to use.

DGman
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:13 pm

Ooh.....I definitely won't be hitting so sweet like a pro in the near foreseeable future.

But the sand paper, that I'd be interested. Razz
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:17 pm

wa lau... you just want to sand paper your clubs so you got reason to buy new ones right?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:19 pm

shamusan wrote:
wa lau... you just want to sand paper your clubs so you got reason to buy new ones right?

hahahaha....that's an idea but gahmen no give extra moolah, so no go.

Hope that can sand the irons nicely to last for a longer while.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:28 pm

wouldn't sanding the irons wear the grooves out more?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:32 pm

shamusan wrote:
wouldn't sanding the irons wear the grooves out more?

Gotta run this with the boss man tmr. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour Q-school   Asian Tour Q-school I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Asian Tour Q-school
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next