Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow

Go down 
+9
Jax
watermyforrest
weesern
yuki
poresia
b.b.carabanesis
ringrain_78
kian
golfjoy
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow Empty
PostSubject: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Yup... it's been a week and seems not getting better.
Some short sharp pain on and off, even when I'm not using the right hand.

At work, okay in the morning and as it gets near to noon, the elbow starts to pain more.
I think it's inevitable as I have to use the com and mouse bloody non-stop in my line of work.

I went for 2nd opinion (1st was TCM doc, now a GP).
GP is telling me gotta rest more (much more longer than the 2 weeks that the TCM doc said).
I almost cried. No

I stopped my TCM plasters as they caused allergy and my skin at the elbow is already torn. pale

GP did mention if this doesn't get any better, can go for injection at the elbow.
Has anyone done that? Does it help? Any side effects?
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:04 pm

im using Voltaren Gel (which u can buy from pharmacies) and bought a phiten bracelet recently. Somehow it works...so i dont care whether its psychological effects or not...as long as it works Smile
Back to top Go down
ringrain_78
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:06 pm

I have sore elbows all the time, some called it tennis elbow, some called it golfer's elbow.

What I do is I use the tennis elbow strap from Futuro, available at pharmacies and watson's. This is to temporarily alleviate the pain, especially after range or a game. Try Salonpas too.

I guess for my case, my sore elbows never had sufficient time to completely healed but I had heard that it's normal to take complete rest from tennis/golf for about 1-2 months.

I had read in some golf magazines that the cause of sore elbows could be due also to the wrong grip size. You might want to check on that as well. Of course, this is other that the repetitive and jarring action of swinging the golf club.

Back to top Go down
b.b.carabanesis
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
b.b.carabanesis

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:12 pm

Or is it Rheumatism?
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi kian, I've got a phiten bracelet as well. Razz

I'll stick with cream prescribed by GP for the time being.

Thanks for the info!! Smile
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:16 pm

i had that montha ago and recovered 90% now.

i went to TCM Acpuncture and also apply gluocasmine cream. went to another TCM, those who rubbed but think acpuncture is still the best.

i didnt really stopped playing except for 1-2 weeks but i cut down on range practices.

That's a Golf Clinic in TTSH. They not only cure your injuries but also look at your swing to advise changes so the pain wont come back again.

think that makes sense bcos most of the time, injury is caused by incorrect swing and pain will come back unless we know what causes the swing and what to change.

let me know if u wanna try.

i m so glad that i recovered n still able to play golf.
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:17 pm

b.b.carabanesis wrote:
Or is it Rheumatism?

It's not. Suspect
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:23 pm

ringrain_78 wrote:
I have sore elbows all the time, some called it tennis elbow, some called it golfer's elbow.

What I do is I use the tennis elbow strap from Futuro, available at pharmacies and watson's. This is to temporarily alleviate the pain, especially after range or a game. Try Salonpas too.

I guess for my case, my sore elbows never had sufficient time to completely healed but I had heard that it's normal to take complete rest from tennis/golf for about 1-2 months.

I had read in some golf magazines that the cause of sore elbows could be due also to the wrong grip size. You might want to check on that as well. Of course, this is other that the repetitive and jarring action of swinging the golf club.

OMG ... RR, seems to me that you are still pretty gungho about your sore elbow??
I think you should really watch out. This may turn into something nasty.
We wouldn't want anything to happen to us to prevent us from playing this wonderful sport called golf, right?? Take care!

Tennis elbow and golfer's elbow are different. They affect different parts of the elbow.

Back to top Go down
ringrain_78
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:30 pm

Yes, you are right, tennis and golfer's elbows are different because of inflammation of different part of the same (or different?) tendon.

But the remedy is largely the same, rest and rest. Only way to alleviate the pain and discomfort is to use elbow strap and muscle cream but only relieve the discomfort temporarily.
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:44 pm

golfjoy wrote:
Hi kian, I've got a phiten bracelet as well. Razz

I'll stick with cream prescribed by GP for the time being.

Thanks for the info!! Smile

hi golfjoy, the normal bracelet is jus x1 effect only.. buy the phiten necklace n tie ard the wrist? which hv x30 or x50 effect... jus coil 2 times round the wrist and it somehow like a bracelet too.. when playing golf still can take it down n tie at the neck... which im doing now.. mayb it jus to individual but somehow the phiten do helps to relieve my pain...

take care oh if still haven recover... start learning to operate the mouse with ur left hand... Laughing
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:57 pm

Your body is telling you that your forearm is not strong enough, after it heals, please do some exercise to strengthen it.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:02 pm

b.b.carabanesis wrote:
Or is it Rheumatism?

ROFL
Back to top Go down
ringrain_78
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:02 pm

weesern wrote:
Your body is telling you that your forearm is not strong enough, after it heals, please do some exercise to strengthen it.

This is probably the case of Ms. golfjoy.

For my body, it telling me that I suck big time at golf, better go be a gardener since I use golf club to dig holes.... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:01 pm

Sounds better when you tell people you got golfers/tennis elbow from golf than from gardening
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:07 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
b.b.carabanesis wrote:
Or is it Rheumatism?

ROFL

WMF, you still laugh. Suspect
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:09 pm

ringrain_78 wrote:
weesern wrote:

This is probably the case of Ms. golfjoy.

For my body, it telling me that I suck big time at golf, better go be a gardener since I use golf club to dig holes.... Crying or Very sad

My 'dream' job is to be a gardener actually.

Is this a SIGN?? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Jax

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:11 pm

U can try TGC Cream (Glucosamine). Get it from Unity at I think 30 bucks or so. Apply on the joints; should see results within one day. Google Glucosamine cream for info. I use it whenever my ankle or knee hurt after golf, works for me and did good for a friend of mine who has elbow injury as well. Get the one which cost a little more (forgot what's the additional ingredient). Will feel heat sensation on applied area after a short while.
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:12 pm

poresia wrote:
i had that montha ago and recovered 90% now.

i went to TCM Acpuncture and also apply gluocasmine cream. went to another TCM, those who rubbed but think acpuncture is still the best.

i didnt really stopped playing except for 1-2 weeks but i cut down on range practices.

That's a Golf Clinic in TTSH. They not only cure your injuries but also look at your swing to advise changes so the pain wont come back again.

think that makes sense bcos most of the time, injury is caused by incorrect swing and pain will come back unless we know what causes the swing and what to change.

let me know if u wanna try.

i m so glad that i recovered n still able to play golf.

My mentor was telling me that RANGE is the 'cause' of it.
Too much wrong 'stunts' at the range can hurt big time.

Yup, was introduced to the Golf clinic when I was at TTSH with my back problem.
But didn't sign up.

Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:16 pm

Jax wrote:
U can try TGC Cream (Glucosamine). Get it from Unity at I think 30 bucks or so. Apply on the joints; should see results within one day. Google Glucosamine cream for info. I use it whenever my ankle or knee hurt after golf, works for me and did good for a friend of mine who has elbow injury as well. Get the one which cost a little more (forgot what's the additional ingredient). Will feel heat sensation on applied area after a short while.

Hey!? Thanks!

I wonder if it will do good for my lower back pain as well Smile

The cream my GP gave me also has this heat sensation. Ouch! kekeke clown

Is that chinchilla yours? Smile
Back to top Go down
Jax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Jax

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:17 pm

Yes mdm Very Happy
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:18 pm

yuki wrote:

hi golfjoy, the normal bracelet is jus x1 effect only.. buy the phiten necklace n tie ard the wrist? which hv x30 or x50 effect... jus coil 2 times round the wrist and it somehow like a bracelet too.. when playing golf still can take it down n tie at the neck... which im doing now.. mayb it jus to individual but somehow the phiten do helps to relieve my pain...

take care oh if still haven recover... start learning to operate the mouse with ur left hand... Laughing

hi babe, the one on my neck is x100 and the one on my wrist is x30.
Maybe should add the x100 to the x30 and get more power! lol Laughing

Yah lorr .... I don't wanna lose my job manz! Else, where to find $$$ to hit balls! What a Face
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:23 pm

weesern wrote:

I was always damn proud of my master hand leh...
Used to do shot-putt lah ... push-ups lah ... box people lah ... (whoops) What a Face

I cannot afford to lose it!!!

Now, I'm using my left hand to do most of the stuff.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:40 pm

golfjoy wrote:

Wow... I hope your partner is okay with that.
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:51 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
golfjoy wrote:

Wow... I hope your partner is okay with that.

ROFLOL .... Cool

Errmmm ... Nevermind. I shall leave the comments to myself! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:27 pm

Joy joy,

you can apply whatever you want or see whoever you want, it won't make much difference for you one la... You posted before about your pain, so many people advise you, still come back here to square one, and still in the same pain, or worse than before.

How many balls you hit each time at the range and how times a week you go range again?

Tell people lor.... they sure affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow   I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I don't care if anybody care ... I've got tennis elbow
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next