Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?

Go down 
+28
Gymrat76
Turbo
nientsu
Technospaz
dkk
Duval_S
andrew loh
leebk23
janetlee
sunny
golf-viper
JawereZ
mloy
loy
ChrisD
eiji
TigaWood
mowen
jsmooth
Ssquirrel
slinger
Tituman
blee67
naktae
poresia
weesern
watermyforrest
fatmax
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
fatmax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
fatmax

How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? Empty
PostSubject: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 3:58 pm

Hi guys, i have been suffering from the abovementioned for a year plus already. Worst is now both my elbows are affected! Any treatments/nursing methodsto help ease the aches that i m suffering after golfing?
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 4:26 pm

For me:
1. No range (hitting too much balls is bad for your elbow)
2. Do forearm stretches.
3. Be a swinger not a hitter (i am struggling with this)
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 7:13 pm

rest, stretch, strengthen
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 7:37 pm

i went to a chinese doc in jurong west for acpuncture n it is quite good but i m only 75% recovered bcos i dun rest enough.

didnt help bcos i use steel shaft.
Back to top Go down
naktae
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:15 pm

fatmax wrote:
Hi guys, i have been suffering from the abovementioned for a year plus already. Worst is now both my elbows are affected! Any treatments/nursing methodsto help ease the aches that i m suffering after golfing?

Hi fatmax, may i know which elbow affected you first? I think i might be suffering from it too. I alway got this shape pain on my right elbow, i can even feel the pain when i am carrying heavy things.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:16 pm

Agreed with poresia. I had mine since late last year and went to a chinese sinseh for accupunture. Now it seems to be ok. Needed at least 2 treatments though. Keeping my finger crossed.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:17 pm

Go to an old thread about this. Try Penetrex. http://www.penetrex.com/ If you want to try, I have a couple of bottles spare. Each going at $35.00. Let me know.

http://www.golfrepublic.org/golf-talk-f3/cure-for-golfer-s-elbow-t2846.htm?highlight=golfers+elbow

titu

Last edited by Tituman on Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:21 pm

If you buy 1 bottle, it will cost you about $41. Of course the more you buy the price will be lower. But remember, you have to use credit card to buy. Here, you save the hassle and can get it immediately. And you don't have to buy so many bottles. You also already save $6 with no risk.

titu
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:30 pm

am nursing my left elbow since xmas, going for sinseh n accupunture treatment, plus the penetrex that lam18 offered me..... man, this golf elbow sucks, missing my golf Sad
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:45 pm

Slinger, massage your elbow with the Penetrex as many times per day as you can. You will definitely see improvement or at least can feel there is lesser pain. If you can do it minimum 4 times a day, you will sure to feel improvement within 1 week.

titu

PS : Go get this Elbow Brace and you can golf all you want without damaging it any further.
http://www.elbowpaincentral.com/Elbow_Pain_Products/Band-It_Elbow_Support.htm
Back to top Go down
fatmax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
fatmax

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 6:13 am

Wah TITU, u have both the Penetrex and the BAND-IT???
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 8:52 am

Hi Bro, I only have extra Penetrex but no extra Band-it. I always buy in bulk to save on shipping. I am thinking of buying some extra Band-It as it seems that a lot of bros here are suffering from the same problem.

titu
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:36 am

You can get the band-it locally at tennis/golf stores.
(Look for mowen) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jsmooth
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
jsmooth

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:12 am

As a golf professional and Qualified Titleist Performance Institute fitness instructor i have come across this problem many times. What you have to realise is what is causing your golfer elbow (inside of the arm) or tennis elbow ( outside of the arm ). Three main things cause this terribly painful injury. Grip pressure is to tight, incorrect forearm rotation through impact and hitting the practise range mat aggravates the pain. What happens is you have tight forearm muscles which causes inflammation in the tendon or your elbow. It can be made worse from using the computer alot and just carrying things around. Painkillers, forearm bands and some forms of medicine give temporary relief but if you are serious about it you must see a physiotherapist who will massage, stretch and educate you on how to best deal with your injury. Once you have sought proper medical help a quick trip to a properly qualified coach with an understanding of your history will fix the problems. At the Asian Golf Institute we are all TPI certified and work with the best physiotherapist in Singapore. If you need details just ask. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.asiangolfinstitute.com.sg
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:22 am

Ssquirrel wrote:
You can get the band-it locally at tennis/golf stores.
(Look for mowen) Very Happy

Hi SS, any idea the price they are selling? tks.
Titu
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:45 am

We are selling BandIt and KneeIt @ $40 each .

If only these stuff i am selling get me more birdies Smile then i be richer ... hahah
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:43 pm

mowen wrote:
We are selling BandIt and KneeIt @ $40 each .

If only these stuff i am selling get me more birdies Smile then i be richer ... hahah

$40 meh, tot was $25......yahor, $15 for our matchplay, and it got me the birdie that matter the most, thankyou thankyou.......... Very Happy

anyway, i have the BandIt for couple of months now, and i find it very useful, it will not cure the elbow but it does alleviate the pain...... think i drive about 10m further with the thing on bounce
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:48 pm

jsmooth wrote:
As a golf professional and Qualified Titleist Performance Institute fitness instructor i have come across this problem many times. What you have to realise is what is causing your golfer elbow (inside of the arm) or tennis elbow ( outside of the arm ). Three main things cause this terribly painful injury. Grip pressure is to tight, incorrect forearm rotation through impact and hitting the practise range mat aggravates the pain. What happens is you have tight forearm muscles which causes inflammation in the tendon or your elbow. It can be made worse from using the computer alot and just carrying things around. Painkillers, forearm bands and some forms of medicine give temporary relief but if you are serious about it you must see a physiotherapist who will massage, stretch and educate you on how to best deal with your injury. Once you have sought proper medical help a quick trip to a properly qualified coach with an understanding of your history will fix the problems. At the Asian Golf Institute we are all TPI certified and work with the best physiotherapist in Singapore. If you need details just ask. Good luck!

hi smooth, thanks for your input, mine is in the left elbow, not the right (righht hander), i dun use the computer a lot.....

in your view, what would be my problem, i dun think its my grip pressure..... this is my first elbow injury
Back to top Go down
jsmooth
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
jsmooth

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 2:26 pm

outside or inside of the elbow?
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:41 pm

outside of elbow...
Back to top Go down
jsmooth
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
jsmooth

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:39 pm

Do you slice and hit the ball heavy occasionally?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:48 pm

jsmooth wrote:
Do you slice and hit the ball heavy occasionally?

Hi jsmooth, Slinger is the top gun in GR here. He is single handicapper, so those things you asked doesn't happen to him. affraid

titu
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:53 pm

my natural ball flight is a fade, but i do block my shots to the right..... with the driver

i take divots with my irons though

pls disregard titu, he is a snakeoil salesman...... affraid
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:47 pm

slinger wrote:
my natural ball flight is a fade, but i do block my shots to the right..... with the driver

i take divots with my irons though

pls disregard titu, he is a snakeoil salesman...... affraid

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
jsmooth
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
jsmooth

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 8:13 pm

Nice Banter guys. Sounds like your left arm does not rotate properly through impact but seeing as you only hit good shots it could be just an overuse issue. You still need to see a physio though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?   How to treat/nurse tennis elbow? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to treat/nurse tennis elbow?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next