Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]

Go down 
+53
jurongtiger
jumboburger1376
poresia
asahi
ethee
pushslice
mowen
mloy
duffader
Kopi Towkay
daveaha
chemicalpro
TNRM
senmin
weesern
St. MIG
alvin7379
sunny
eiji
botak
Duval_S
Mizzman
ghoonk
mervyntan
watermyforrest
shotah
tronos
Salty Dog
D_Iceman
Agumon
Khorkar
DGman
Mizuno
slinger
kinkipet
4dtoto
redbull
who8168
Roystonnn
nutty88
S70B
McCaddie
golf_snowman
jaketang
Winston
desmondwong
ironfist
nientsu
icebocc
missmoon
Ssquirrel
Technospaz
mUAr_cHEe
57 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] Empty
PostSubject: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:00 pm

the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] 482046205_b35cdab6af

This was the set that I started out with.
NIKE SQ+ Driver 9.5° with UST Proforce V2 (R)
3 & 5 JOY Woods with UST Proforce V2 (R)
5 to S TM RAC CGB 2004 Irons with stock graphite shafts (R)
58° Akikra Wedge
Nickent Pipe Putter

At the same time, I was also using another set overseas as I travelled often and left a set there so that I do not need to lug a golf set back and forth.

the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] 482046189_f01d013151

Nike SQ Driver 9.5° with Stock Shaft (S)
2 & 4 NIKE CPR Utility with Stock Shaft (R)
3 to S MT R5 irons with stock graphite shafts (R)
Nikent Pipe Putter

Following which inbetween some trips here and there, I was switching clubs in between and I finally ended up with this set:

the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] 2683553019_c00138f497

Ping G10 9° Driver with Stock Grafalloy Prolaunch Red (S)
Ping G10 3 wood 15.5° with Stock Grafallot Prolaunch Red (s)
Nike 3 CPR Utility 22°with stock Shaft (R)
5 to P TM R7 irons with NSPRO950 (R)
52° TM RAC TP Wedge
59° Tourstage Wedge
Scotty Detour 2

It is with this combo that I break many first...

first 2-on for a Par5.
first career low.

This was a set I am very comfortable with but I yearn more and I wanted to be better. I wanted total control of my ball. I wanted my ball to sit when I want it to sit and my ball to roll when i want it to roll.

So the poisoning begins...

the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] 2970906338_4ec279a53e

The first thing that changes were the irons and wedges. R7 irons are cast irons and the lie angle cannot be adjusted. So that have to go. Then I was exposed to the TM wedges without the Y or Z grooves but the touch is magnifico.

Changes made:
3 to P Mizuno MP62s with Project X 5.5
52° and 56° TM RAC Wedges with Project X 5.5

As I get used to the set slowly, I got what I wanted; I had better control of my approach shots. The feel of the Project X is also wonderful. One-piece and feedback is good.

Minor changes after that:
Titleist 909 D3 with Daimana ali'islei.

the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] 3025630627_734590c1d1

That did not work out for me. why my backside so itchy? because I was greedy and wanted more distance. but i was finding less fairways and just found that I could not launch the ball. But I certainly did hit my longest drive with this baby. 350m at Horizon hills, second shot was with a 7 iron loh.

then I switched to R7 Limited.

the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] 3140043310_eeec602f66

This worked better but ever since I got introduce to squared-faced drivers (909 D3), I am not looking back! the offset was visually-irritating. but I got to where i wanted.

Somewhere inbetween, I reshafted the 3 wood to a Graman CF310 and got a 60° TM wedge to complete the collection.

With the CF310, my woods had more of a floating flight which is something that i really like.
the 60° was for my gap in distance and beginning of adventure into creative-green-side play; flops, checks and spins.
this was also when i personally tried the Graman BFG Signature '5' series. I never looked back since.

Next was the putter.

the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] 3242303843_a79fef9300

I managed to get my hands on a Ping Prototype putter with midslant and unique milling. this was the starting of my frantic search of mid-slant putters.

I went throught a couple more changes between and I have alot of good games.

the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] 3255516804_3a9e20bd7b

R7 Limited TP.
TP Mills putters. Yes. putterS
FT9 Driver.
Graman BFG Signature '8' Series Shaft (X)
Graman BFG Signature '5' Series Shaft (X)

Not so long ago...

the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] 3461736414_430522147a

I chucked the 3iron and got a replacement.
4i Cleveland Launcher Hybrid with TrueTemper CrossFire Shaft (S)
Cobra S9.1 Pro S

Then came the arrival of the Kajiki along with the new range of Graman shafts. I was kinda sick and worried about pulling shafts in and out of my club heads and stressing them out. That I decided to just get new club heads and leave the proven clubs in the storeroom so that I have the option to fall back on the old clubs anytime and at the same time also take my time to decide the head/shaft combo that I want.

Right now, I am running a TM R9 with a Kajiki 70S and so far I like how it is. I am also waiting for the new stock of the Graman Shafts to come in for my TM R9 T3 Wood.

I really do not see myself changing clubs soon as I have more or less already reached the end of my journey. Although the Cobra Zero Limit Driver looks tempting, I have learnt my ways.

This should be my WITB from next month.

TM R9 9.5°/ Cobra S9.1 Pro S 9.5° with Kajiki 70s
TM R9 T3woods 13° with Graman M75
4i Cleveland Launcher with TrueTemper CrossFire (S)
4 to P Mizuno MP62 with Project X 5.5
52°, 56° & 60° TM RAC Wedges with Project X 5.5
Ping Anser Putter

But I will be keeping my Ping 3wood as it has been serving me well, and it will be my back up club.

I am now trying to switch to Bridgestone e5+ balls, so far in my test run this morning, I like how they behave towards, around and on the green.

the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] 3835752470_a3257c430a

Last edited by mUAr_cHEe on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:08 pm

Very nice, MC!! I love the pictures and the blog. It's great that you took photos of your bag at every step of the way. Good memories.. great times.

NOW, someone please tell me what on earth are the chopsticks for?
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:12 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
I really do not see myself changing clubs soon as I have more or less already reached the end of my journey.
Zhun bo?? Sure anot??
There is also a thread where you posted you'd only play Cobra driver? Then the TM R9 magically appeared in the bag? Rolling Eyes

Congrats on the journey but I think you've not even reached the halfway point in your journey of changing golf equipment .. I've gone through quite a few sets which I don't really remember; but I should be changing irons soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:15 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Very nice, MC!! I love the pictures and the blog. It's great that you took photos of your bag at every step of the way. Good memories.. great times.

chopsticks are training aids..
while s70b was helping sunny to correct his problem at the range, he placed the chopsticks on the mat to show sunny where to aim for the target. but im also not too sure how to make use of the chopsticks other than alignment to target.

so far, s70b, quinike and mc have chopsticks in the bag..
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:16 pm

missmoon wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

while s70b was helping sunny to correct his problem at the range, he placed the chopsticks on the mat to show sunny where to aim for the target. but im also not too sure how to make use of the chopsticks other than alignment to target.

Ahhh.... I thought so too. Very useful. I just use another club to help me out.
Back to top Go down
icebocc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
icebocc

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:18 pm

........You failed to mention your 2 fishing rods!

Well done for keeping a record of the your early endeavours......but I doubt you have reached the end lol!

~ icebocc ~

I am NOT a block of ice!
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:45 pm

Technospaz wrote:
missmoon wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

Ahhh.... I thought so too. Very useful. I just use another club to help me out.

Can also use it to guage your swing place.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:48 pm

omg that was amazing to read! and visually very pleasing too! and all it does is make me even more 'gian' to improve my game. can't wait to get better and play with you guys! Smile

and i've been wanting to find those chopsticks too! but i can't seem to find them.. anyone know where to find them here in SG?
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:55 pm

ironfist wrote:
omg that was amazing to read! and visually very pleasing too! and all it does is make me even more 'gian' to improve my game. can't wait to get better and play with you guys! Smile

and i've been wanting to find those chopsticks too! but i can't seem to find them.. anyone know where to find them here in SG?

T-Rex last time gave a demo on how to use it. Apparently, these chopsticks are snow-markers. This prob explains why its floracsent orange.

He definatley can be chopstick sales man
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:59 pm

yeah they're apparently used to mark driveways which are covered in snow! i found them on amazon.com maybe we can put together an MO for them. lol

CHOPSTIKK
Back to top Go down
desmondwong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:02 pm

icebocc, i love that TP Mills putter in your avatar!
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:08 pm

ironfist wrote:

I actually made mine out of pvc tubing here in Vietnam. Cost me less than SGD$3 Very Happy

They are a great training aid. It helps with alignment, target practice etc etc
Back to top Go down
icebocc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
icebocc

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:12 pm

Thanks, that is the newest and my #16 of my journey with putters. I have kept every single one of them including my first putter which is a SC.

~ icebocc ~
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:57 pm

no need to do MO.

a certain somewhere bringing in soon..

Mine are 4' Garden Stakes that I bought in Home Depot (USA) and I bought Orange Electrical Tape to cover it. Original colour was dark green.

ok ok... I TRY not to change clubs soon...
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:20 pm

wah....so nice... so pro.......

i want to change... but no $$$....

can see but canot test or buy....

so sad.... shld have play right hand.... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:14 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
no need to do MO.

a certain somewhere bringing in soon..

Mine are 4' Garden Stakes that I bought in Home Depot (USA) and I bought Orange Electrical Tape to cover it. Original colour was dark green.

ok ok... I TRY not to change clubs soon...

Do you really carry them everywhere you go or only when you head to the range?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:31 pm

everywhere i go~

just like the Impact Stik. You can see in the peekture?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:37 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
everywhere i go~

just like the Impact Stik. You can see in the peekture?

I used to carry my ImpactStik too but found it a little heavy to lug around. Perhaps now that I've ditched my 4i, there's a little bit more space for this bad boy. Otherwise, it just sits in the car or at home.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:55 pm

Everything i need at any time is in my bag, that is why i am considering to carry a big S staff bag as well but i am more inclined to get a Mizuno one despite that nice one at that somewhere...

If u carry it with u all the time, u will tend to use more. waiting for next shot, nothing to do...

swing the IS...
throw a practice ball, line up the sticks and hit that ball into the water...

a complete WITB for me...

listed clubs
at least 2 sleeves of balls
2-sided brush
green sharpie marker
tees (wooden and zero friction, long and short)
range tees
range cards
my lil green notebook
keppel scorecard
impact stik
chopstick
bushnell
divot tool (dubai creek's metal one)
ball marker
gauze tape
old dented 600cc sigg water-bottle

.... right now.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:59 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Everything i need at any time is in my bag, .

Dude, you pack more into your bag than I do my Full Battle Order Gear when I was in army.. Superman
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:59 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Everything i need at any time is in my bag, that is why i am considering to carry a big S staff bag as well but i am more inclined to get a Mizuno one despite that nice one at that somewhere...

If u carry it with u all the time, u will tend to use more. waiting for next shot, nothing to do...

swing the IS...

listed clubs
2-sided brush
green sharpie marker
range tees
range cards
my lil green notebook
keppel scorecard
impact stik
chopstick
bushnell
ball marker
gauze tape

.... right now.

What? No swiss army knife?
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:06 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:

swing the IS...

listed clubs
2-sided brush
green sharpie marker
range tees
range cards
my lil green notebook
keppel scorecard
impact stik
chopstick
bushnell
ball marker
gauze tape

.... right now.

wah bro

very nice and very pro ...
just wonder since you have made all these changes, do you have any plan to sell off your nike driver ?...hehe
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:09 pm

just realised i have no pen in my bag...

hmm... will rectify that soon.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:10 pm

golf_snowman wrote:
just wonder since you have made all these changes, do you have any plan to sell off your nike driver ?...hehe

I only left Nike SQ 9.5 with Fujikura VistaPro 60 R. It has been tipped firm.

PM me if you want to deal.
Back to top Go down
McCaddie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:11 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
just realised i have no pen in my bag...

hmm... will rectify that soon.

HO

affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]   the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the journey so far... [CAUTION: PIX INTENSIVE]
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next