Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey...

Go down 
+9
Mizuno
westwoon
Swerve
clarencekim
ironfist
Seven
grooveballer
eiji
Apprentice
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Apprentice
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Apprentice

A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey... Empty
PostSubject: A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey...   A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:11 pm

Full Title: Golf Rx: A 15-Minute-a-Day Core Program for More Yards and Less Pain

Dear all, I've been on this golf journey for close to 6 months with a coach but have still ended up with injuries to my fingers, lower back and shoulder. While a coach might not be the only factor, I think providing yourself more knowledge would defintely prevent your golf journey to be cut short. Hence I would like to share this book which I think has several helpful tips (e.g warm up, after injury).

The amazon link is http://www.amazon.com/Golf-Rx-15-Minute-Day-Program/dp/1592402666 but you can get it from the National Library for FREE. I got it from the Central Library.

Perhaps we can share/recommend a book?
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey...   A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:21 pm

The Negotiable Golf Swing - Joseph Laurentino

Hank Haney's Essentials of the Swing: A 7-Point Plan for Building a Better Swing and Shaping Your Shots - Hank Haney

The Art of Short Game - Stan Utley

Above are the some of the better books that I have read.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
grooveballer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
grooveballer

PostSubject: Re: A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey...   A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:03 pm

Tom Watson's Strategic Golf
Back to top Go down
Seven
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Seven

PostSubject: Re: A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey...   A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:44 pm

I like this!!

Golf and the Game of Leadership: An 18-Hole Guide for Success in Business and in Life

It's more of the mental training you can learn from golf...
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey...   A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:16 am

hmmm the mental side of the game is something we tend to neglect the most! i know i do..
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey...   A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:36 am

Ben Hogan's: Five Lessons: The Modern Fundementals of Golf

I read and followed his advice about two years ago and it has really increased by consistancy in ball-striking and distances--has good illustrations also.

For the mental part of golf, Bob Rotella book are good--he was Padriag Harrington's sports psychologists prior to Harrington's two Major tournament wins in 2008.

In the end, much practicing, playing on full-size courses, applying what you learned and correcting your faults are the only way to get better at golf.

Very Happy

CK
Back to top Go down
Swerve
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey...   A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:54 am

Men are more visual creatures so I prefer this series of DVD’s.

IlubMidgetPr0n Vols 6-9.

It helps me relax my muscles before each game Razz

p.s….thanks Techno, Botak and Willy for letting me into the secrets of your strong mental game! afro
Back to top Go down
Seven
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Seven

PostSubject: Re: A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey...   A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:13 am

ironfist wrote:
hmmm the mental side of the game is something we tend to neglect the most! i know i do..

Ya for the technical aspect, we can probably find info easily from the web. It's the mental side which we have really neglected.

Its an easy-to-read book and the best thing is its available in the library!! Free!!!
Back to top Go down
westwoon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
westwoon

PostSubject: Mind Over Golf   A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:44 pm

I would recommend "Mind Over Golf" by Dr. Richard Coop
Back to top Go down
Mizuno
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mizuno

PostSubject: Re: A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey...   A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 1:29 am

For reading to/with junior on golf: Caddy-Whack! A Kid's Eye View of Golf
about 85 pages, written by a 13-year-old kid named Drew Murray. I found it in the library.

Quoting page 15: "Golf is a great game, because, on the golf course, unlike the rest of the world, the only person who can put you down is yourself"
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey...   A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 7:32 am

Given how I last played, the only book which will be help me now is the Bible.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey...   A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 11:13 am

"Golf is not a game of perfect" by Bob Rotella... he has written a bunch of sports pscychiatry books. He has helped a lot of pros and amateurs alike. Check him out
Back to top Go down
alangolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey...   A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 11:43 am

My game sucks but i enjoyed reading. Maybe becos read till confuse haha. Started with technical stuff. After reading quite a few and still not seeing improvement, decided to stop wasting my $ and read those leisure stuff now like books written by caddie etc.

btw, I think the book 'Impact zone' is a good read. 'little red book' (something like that) is a easy read.
Back to top Go down
avgolfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey...   A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 5:12 pm

Harvest Your Christmas Surprise at

Discount Golf Clubs between 1th Dec. 2009 and 10th Jan. 2010

Simply register on our site, you can receive a $10 coupon as a Christmas gift immediately. And we offer another $10 coupon

for your first purchase, $20 for the second, $30 for the third and so on. One coupon for one order. And more, all the

registered members whose purchase over $1000 will be upgraded to the VIP Customers, and get the extra discount of 10%

including free shipping. Time is limited, hurry up, and you can not miss it.

The more at Activity list_Discount golf clubs,Golf discount

store,Callaway golf clubs,Taylormade golf clubs - DiscountsGolfClubs.com -

For details about our products or deals, please contact our experts who will be more than happy to help you out!

Example:

If you plan to purchase the Mizuno MP-68 Irons

which is only $339.99 in our store, you can get the clubs with much less than $339.99 during our promotional

time. Once you register on our website, you can get a $10 coupon. That’s to say, when you pay for the Mizuno MP68 Irons,

the final price of the Mizuno MP68 irons you pay will be $339.99-10=$329.99. You can get the Mizuno MP68 Irons for

only $329.99 and more, you can receive another $10 coupon after your first successful purchase on our website. If you

purchase on our website for the second time, you can get a $20 coupon after the successful transaction, and $30

for the third, $40 for the fourth and so on. And I have to emphasize that registration is simple and totally free

and each order can only accept one coupon. In addition, if your purchase is over 1000USD, you will be upgraded to our vip

Customers and enjoy more discount as to have 10% off your each purchase. Plus, we offer free shipping worldwide for

our products. And the promotion activity lasts from 1th Dec. 2009 to 10th Jan. 2010. The time is limited, hurry to get your

savings, you can not miss it.
Back to top Go down
Mizuno
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mizuno

PostSubject: Re: A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey...   A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 11:20 am

hmmm... why would the sales posting from avgolfer ending up here? Shocked

Anyway, another book from the library which is imho fun to read,
"The Downhill Lie, a Hacker's Return to a Ruinous Sport" by Carl Hiaasen published in 2008
Total pages 207. The author returns to golf after 32 yrs of absence

Quoting some pages:
'.. What's the record for the number of golf balls lost in nine holes? and why doesn't someone invent a tee that you can slit your wrists with?'

'.. Piled up a 103 at Sandridge, just dreadful. I'm breaking down and ordering those Callaways tomorrow. As if it'll make a difference'

'.. The only "moment of inertia" that affects me is the one that occurs every time I stand over the ball, frozen with trepidation..'

Mentioning on his Scotty Cameron putter gift from wife, '.. Even if the occasion calls for it, I'll never have the heart to wrap this lovely putter around a pine tree..."

Merry xmas!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey...   A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Book which might be helpful for your golf journey...
Page 1 of 1