Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scotty Divot Repair Tool

Go down 
+20
idrahus
sharky08
duffader
mUAr_cHEe
pushslice
Suspicious
hardrock
gezt_ho
Kookk
RalliFTO
andrew-golf
ewyeo
quinike
Roystonnn
fabulous
mengteck71
boon79
Lamts18
DGman
Technospaz
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:17 am

Mine is e silver with red dot

No pouch one
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:18 am

andrew-golf wrote:
Mine is e silver with red dot

No pouch one

Ok. Anyway, why you got so many ah?
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:22 am

Why I have so many golf bags??? :p
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:27 am

3 divot tools

1. KOOKK
2. Hardrock
3. ???

Last edited by andrew-golf on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:31 am

andrew-golf wrote:
Why I have so many golf bags??? :p

Coz' you rich man!
Back to top Go down
RalliFTO
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:43 am

I want one too. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Suspicious
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Suspicious

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:55 am

how many scotty divot repair tools owner really know the proper way to repair a divot??
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:11 am

Suspicious wrote:
how many scotty divot repair tools owner really know the proper way to repair a divot??

I dunno. How about sharing how to do it.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:19 am

do you guys push the ground below the mark to the surface or push horizontal towards the center of the mark?

many golfers don't even carry a divot repair tool to the green, I think this is one area GR golfers could lead by example.
Back to top Go down
Suspicious
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Suspicious

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:22 am

Kookk wrote:
Suspicious wrote:

I dunno. How about sharing how to do it.

i see alot of people using the divot repair tools to push it into the divot, and push out the dirt from within the ground.

i'm sure 80% of golfers who "try" to repair divots do that.

this action actually caused more damage to the turf than just leaving it alone and not repairing it.

the proper way is actually to push the divot tool into the edges of the divot and stretch it over the hole, leaving a virtually unmarked patch of turf.

i
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:27 am

The greens are actually pretty elastic/stretchy.

Proper way to repairing a green is to 'pull' the grass around the ball mark towards the centre of the ball mark and then pat it down with your putter thereafter.

By digging under the ball mark and leveraging/lifting the grass up actually worsen the damage made to the greens. This act actually tears the grass roots or just lifts up bare mud to the surface.

If you do observe some green keepers doing green repairs, what they do is that they take a normal table fork and keep poking around the ball mark towards the centre of the ball mark. This will make the green / ball mark very 'hairy'. He will then use the base of his palm to flatten the green together with a sprinkle of sand/seed/fertilizer combination.

My First serious post of the day and months which is actually only work my 2 cents.

It was posted before somewhere in this forum for the proper way to repair greens. Think Technospaz did it.
Back to top Go down
Suspicious
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Suspicious

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:31 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:

Proper way to repairing a green is to 'pull' the grass around the ball mark towards the centre of the ball mark and then pat it down with your putter thereafter.

By digging under the ball mark and leveraging/lifting the grass up actually worsen the damage made to the greens. This act actually tears the grass roots or just lifts up bare mud to the surface.

If you do observe some green keepers doing green repairs, what they do is that they take a normal table fork and keep poking around the ball mark towards the centre of the ball mark. This will make the green / ball mark very 'hairy'. He will then use the base of his palm to flatten the green together with a sprinkle of sand/seed/fertilizer combination.

My First serious post of the day and months which is actually only work my 2 cents.

It was posted before somewhere in this forum for the proper way to repair greens. Think Technospaz did it.

Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 Facebook-Like-Button-big
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:35 am

andrew-golf wrote:
3 divot tools

1. KOOKK
2. Hardrock
3. Wolverine

All taken liaoz...

these 3 replied fastest
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:36 am

lincoln_wang wrote:
I want one too. Thanks.

sorry bro

all taken

wolverine confirmed
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:37 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:

Those who dont do it this way,

will sure kana from me...

i see a#$^%$#^ digging into the bloody divot and push up

i k#%#$^ em man

being an owner of 3 scotty divot tools, of cos i knw how to use it Smile
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:46 am

andrew-golf wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:

i k#%#$^ em man

Like that I must be doing it correctly since you never scold me. Wahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:55 am

the round part in the middle of the scotty tool... should it be facing the divot or the other way?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:59 am

i would think facing out, so that it would feel the contour of one's palm to be able to repair the ball mark properly.

I thought the holes on greens is call ball park and the pizzas/steaks we scooped out in the fairways are called divots?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:02 am

Sorry.. it should be name a pitch mark instead..... anyway, i was told, the way the scotty tool is design, you just need to face the round part inside and just shove the tool towards the pitch mark at an angle, and it will automatically push the pitchmark inwards.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:05 am

I heard of that too but I do not use one so I cannot vouch the efficiency of it.

Still waiting for Zen Repair Tool. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Suspicious
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Suspicious

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:13 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
I heard of that too but I do not use one so I cannot vouch the efficiency of it.

Still waiting for Zen Repair Tool. Very Happy

My Zen Repair Tool...

Sit in buggy, cross my legs, wait for MC to repair pitch marks for me..

Ahh........... Zen....
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:19 am

duffader wrote:
Sorry.. it should be name a pitch mark instead..... anyway, i was told, the way the scotty tool is design, you just need to face the round part inside and just shove the tool towards the pitch mark at an angle, and it will automatically push the pitchmark inwards.

thats correct
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:19 am

Suspicious wrote:
My Zen Repair Tool...

Sit in buggy, cross my legs, wait for MC to repair pitch marks for me..

Ahh........... Zen....

Tour-issued. Dont pway pway.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:20 am

Kookk wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:

i k#%#$^ em man

Like that I must be doing it correctly since you never scold me. Wahahahaha!

i have never seen u do it before

cos u were too busy making birdies
Back to top Go down
RalliFTO
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 2:28 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
lincoln_wang wrote:
I want one too. Thanks.

sorry bro

all taken

wolverine confirmed

No worries bro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Divot Repair Tool   Scotty Divot Repair Tool - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scotty Divot Repair Tool
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next