Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Advisable to change shaft?

Go down 
+5
jimmychoo
bomby
mUAr_cHEe
pushslice
garylin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Advisable to change shaft? Empty
PostSubject: Advisable to change shaft?   Advisable to change shaft? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi all,

Currently Im using the stock graphite shaft (S) on my TM R7 CGB max irons. I'm thinking of changing to steel, maybe NSPRO 950.. isit advisable? Anyone know the costs involved of changing 7 shafts ?

Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Advisable to change shaft?   Advisable to change shaft? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 1:29 pm

hi gary, If I can suggest: answers from fellow forumers for a "fitting" question wont do you justice. Either go to clubfitter or do come to SSN on wed eve. I think we have a few bros using NS950, including myself. We test each other clubs to scratch each other's itchy backside. See for yourself if the shaft fits you.

Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Advisable to change shaft?   Advisable to change shaft? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 1:42 pm

what is the purpose of changing shaft?

better feel?
better control?
want to spin?

or just for the sake of changing?

hard to advise if we do not know what you want to achieve at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Advisable to change shaft?   Advisable to change shaft? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:59 pm

why are you thinking of changing shaft..

from Graphite to steel.. better to sell away the graphite set.. and get a new one. You might "earn" some $$ in the process.
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Advisable to change shaft?   Advisable to change shaft? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 5:38 pm

bomby wrote:
from Graphite to steel.. better to sell away the graphite set.. and get a new one. You might "earn" some $$ in the process.

Sometime it's not about $$ lah.... Some may like the head design so much that they will not want to change the head. Nowaday, it's not as expensive as one may think on changing of shaft. NSpro 950 is not an expensive shaft I think. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: Advisable to change shaft?   Advisable to change shaft? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:16 pm

i have the perception that steel shafts have more control so i was considering that.. hmm maybe i should consider selling my set and getting a new one too Smile
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Advisable to change shaft?   Advisable to change shaft? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:25 pm

There, there, now you are truly poisoned with the 'itchy backside' syndrome.
Laughing

The same questions posed by MC will apply also if you are thinking of changing your irons.
As for your question, there are some graphite shafts which are as stable and as controlled as iron shafts.

So at the end of it all, you gotta try ad much combis as you can decide, be it shafts or iron heads.
IMHO
Back to top Go down
Cornball
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Advisable to change shaft?   Advisable to change shaft? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 9:01 pm

I'm using the exact same clubs. Haha and I wanted to get a heavier shaft so I just ordered Ping k15 irons. 2 weeks to collection.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Advisable to change shaft?   Advisable to change shaft? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 9:09 pm

You order a k15 for its heavier shaft? Just buy a px 5.5 or dg s300 currently on sale in marketplace for less than third of k15 cost

Admit that youre hooked the ping poison lah Laughing
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: Advisable to change shaft?   Advisable to change shaft? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:41 am

actually anothe reason why i wanna change to steel shaft.. cos i think steel shaft looks more pro.. haaha..
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Advisable to change shaft?   Advisable to change shaft? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:03 am

@garylin your perception is not wrong traditionally. but technology these days... there are some carbon shafts which are more stable than steel shaft. i am skeptical about it myself honestly but definitely not surprised at the technological advancement.

to look more pro? erm. then i got no comment. just change loh.
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Advisable to change shaft?   Advisable to change shaft? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:44 am

Once i saw the white Matrix Ozik Program-130 graphite shafts and tried them out for myself, my every negative perception towards graphite irons-shafts went out the door... Smile

Yes, check this out :

Advisable to change shaft? IMG_0110

Advisable to change shaft? Img_0078

Last edited by TheFocalPoint on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Advisable to change shaft?   Advisable to change shaft? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:58 am

Wow, the R9 forged looks beautiful !
Do they have it here?
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Advisable to change shaft?   Advisable to change shaft? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:01 am

That's not any ordinary r9 forged... It is the TP2010...
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Advisable to change shaft?   Advisable to change shaft? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:03 am

seebayho wrote:
Wow, the R9 forged looks beautiful !
Do they have it here?

I'm guessing no. Because if they did, it'd be in my bag by now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advisable to change shaft?   Advisable to change shaft? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advisable to change shaft?
Page 1 of 1