Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Change shaft - Advice pls

Go down 
+4
atom
slinger
Cyp_PGA
onime
8 posters
AuthorMessage
onime
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
onime

Change shaft - Advice pls Empty
PostSubject: Change shaft - Advice pls   Change shaft - Advice pls I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:13 pm

i intend to switch my 5 wood shaft which is 2 inch shorter to my driver cos my driver oem TM shaft too wippy.. Should i do that ? Will it affect my swing ? Any advice ? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Change shaft - Advice pls   Change shaft - Advice pls I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:34 pm

no because if im not wrong .. the driver shaft is lighter n specific to the driver if u put a 5 wood into ur drive r u will lose distance 4 sure . for me it will be 70 gram to 90 gram
!!! it will realy affect ur swing n distance i guess by at least 20 to 50 meters
Back to top Go down
onime
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
onime

PostSubject: Re: Change shaft - Advice pls   Change shaft - Advice pls I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:17 pm

oh wow tats alot of distant =(
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Change shaft - Advice pls   Change shaft - Advice pls I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:39 pm

bro, u can pull a another driver to fit your current driver but it will be a unwise decision to have any 5w shaft for a driver....... the length of the shaft will be off, unless u want a 43in driver which is abt the length of any 3w

if u think shaft is whippy, why dun u try your frens driver what shaft fits u, or better, go see a clubfitter, u owe yourself that trip....
Back to top Go down
atom
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Change shaft - Advice pls   Change shaft - Advice pls I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:42 pm

you should ask a club fitter
Back to top Go down
onime
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
onime

PostSubject: Re: Change shaft - Advice pls   Change shaft - Advice pls I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 11:18 pm

Thanks for all the advice !
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Change shaft - Advice pls   Change shaft - Advice pls I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:39 am

If the shaft is too whippy, you can tip the shaft so that it becomes stiffer. Alternatively you can choose to change the shaft.

The way you have phrased your question suggests that you might not have fully understood the reasons for longer/shorter shafts. Clubs are built with a certain length and lie configuration to optimize distance. By changing the configuration radically, not only will you lose distance, some people might argue that your swing might be affected as well.

If your concern is not to spend extra money to reshaft, please visit BFG Bukit Merah and look for the handsome guy with the black face. Razz His name is Eric. He may look fierce and grouchy at times but he is a good man. Ask him for advice.

Else, peer into the office for some eye candy.

Cheers!

onime wrote:
i intend to switch my 5 wood shaft which is 2 inch shorter to my driver cos my driver oem TM shaft too wippy.. Should i do that ? Will it affect my swing ? Any advice ? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Change shaft - Advice pls   Change shaft - Advice pls I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:43 am

rocky wrote:

If your concern is not to spend extra money to reshaft, please visit BFG Bukit Merah and look for the handsome guy with the black face. Razz His name is Eric. He may look fierce and grouchy at times but he is a good man. Ask him for advice.

Else, peer into the office for some eye candy.

Cheers!

onime wrote:

rocky, never knew u had a thing for jeff. affraid bounce
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Change shaft - Advice pls   Change shaft - Advice pls I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 1:01 am

MT: Dey... Office! Not the workshop lah!

But, sidetrack a bit. Jeff is cool, isn't he?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Change shaft - Advice pls   Change shaft - Advice pls I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:38 am

I have started to use my wife's SKII skin whitener. i am sure in a months time, my face will lighten up and i can change my sir name from Bao back to Ng.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Change shaft - Advice pls   Change shaft - Advice pls I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:41 am

Quote :
DGman wrote:
I have started to use my wife's SKII skin whitener. i am sure in a months time, my face will lighten up and i can change my sir name from Bao back to Ng.

DGman

Short term remedy......powder
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change shaft - Advice pls   Change shaft - Advice pls I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Change shaft - Advice pls
Page 1 of 1