Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Delofting the club at address

Go down 
+3
sob
Slicer51
aimscratch
7 posters
AuthorMessage
aimscratch
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Delofting the club at address Empty
PostSubject: Delofting the club at address   Delofting the club at address I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 1:37 am

I was just wondering, I had quite a few people tell me to deloft the club at address. Meaning, tilt the shaft towards the left, hands in front of the club when at address.

Just wanted to ask some of you here whats the reasoning for it? Cause i find that its easier for me to hit the ball if i don't deloft the club.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Delofting the club at address   Delofting the club at address I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 1:56 am

I also do not know why they told you to deloft your club unless you are hitting a push shots or try to keep the ball in lower flight to avoid tree or something ..... As I understand, if you deloft, ball flight will be lower then the actual loft of the club ... Maybe some better player can explain why ?

However, I think club handle more toward your target during address is correct. This is not delofting if your club head is still lie flat on the ground ...
Back to top Go down
aimscratch
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Delofting the club at address   Delofting the club at address I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 2:33 am

yea, i think you explained it better. what i actually mean is why is there a shaft tilt at address? grip towards the target.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Delofting the club at address   Delofting the club at address I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 8:09 am

My coach ever told me that it is the offset angle of the club. Every brand of club have a different offset angle. So, it not really delofting the club .. I think what your friend told you on your address is correct. I cannot tell more without knowing how you address ...
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Delofting the club at address   Delofting the club at address I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 9:14 am

If you see the tips in golf mags the pros always mention about hands in front of the ball at address for shorter clubs.
This is to promote a sharper angle of attack I think, but for longer clubs with lower lofts Rolling Eyes

IMHO your hands should be slightly in front at address, so that you would not be casting the club or scooping at the ball.

Ball flights and trajectory different for both, which u prefer high trajectory with no penetration or mid trajectory with penetration. Razz

Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Delofting the club at address   Delofting the club at address I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 9:24 am

I dun think setup can affect a person from scooping and casting. I am an example. Heheheh
Back to top Go down
watchman88sg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
watchman88sg

PostSubject: Re: Delofting the club at address   Delofting the club at address I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 10:39 am

Delofting the club or not during address should not even be in your thoughts when you get into that position. The first priority is to ensure that the clubface, stance and shoulder are all square to the target irregardless whether or not the club is delofted. Intentional delofting would mean that the golfer presses his hands forward so that the shaft leans toward the target and that can result in different variations in the amount of forward pressing due to different ball positions for different clubs. With the variations in hand positions during set up for different clubs, how to have a consistent swing ?

Hands position during set up should all be in the same position ie some people have their hands at the zipper and some have them just inside their left thighs. The key is to let the shaft lean in response to where the ball is in the stance. This will give a neutral shaft lean with the irons and wedges and a reverse lean with the driver, hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Delofting the club at address   Delofting the club at address I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 11:28 am

watchman88sg wrote:
Delofting the club or not during address should not even be in your thoughts when you get into that position. The first priority is to ensure that the clubface, stance and shoulder are all squ ... diffedriver, hope it helps.

Bro, it is always wonderful to see how you explain it .. I guess, nobody playing today ?
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Delofting the club at address   Delofting the club at address I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 6:46 pm

This is from personal experience, you please try it out in the range first and don't just trust my words for it.

Deloft the club is to alter trajectory (lower) and spin of the ball (forward spin).
For example if you're under a tree or strong wind situation you would de-loft by placing the ball further towards your right foot not much by a ball or two will do depending on what club you're using. usually this will create a lot of front spin so your ball will most likely run on the fairway.
you can achieve the same effect by going for longer club (choked your grip or do partial swing in accordance to control distance).

Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Delofting the club at address   Delofting the club at address I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:00 pm

i dun think it will cause topspin, it will still be backspin but due to the angle of descend, the ball will roll more...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delofting the club at address   Delofting the club at address I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Delofting the club at address
Page 1 of 1