Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feet alignment at address

Go down 
+8
Derek
Kaii
oldie-newbie
golferx
DKing
skybobo
neutralgolfer
Vrooooom2
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Vrooooom2
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Feet alignment at address Empty
PostSubject: Feet alignment at address   Feet alignment at address I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 6:51 pm

Your advice is much appreciated. On TV, a right handed pro will usually align before taking stance at address with a open hip, ie right foot is closer to the ball than the left. I usually do the opposite (ie right foot is further from the ball than my left) and continue to keep that position at address. I find that this allows me to turn better in my back swing. 

Do you have similar experience and is one better than the other?
Back to top Go down
Vrooooom2
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feet alignment at address   Feet alignment at address I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 6:52 pm

Or am I over analyzing?
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Feet alignment at address   Feet alignment at address I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:09 am

I think it doesn't make a big difference as long as your body is parallel to the target after alignment.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feet alignment at address   Feet alignment at address I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:27 am

Left foot behind is a open stance, promotes fade. 
Right foot behind is a closed stance, promotes draw as you will come more from inside.
What you are doing is prob a closed stance with a closed shoulder too. If you pre turn your shoulder, you will feel you are much more behind the ball at end if backswing.
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy
DKing

PostSubject: Re: Feet alignment at address   Feet alignment at address I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:34 am

Feet alignment at address 4ce96c2d_Ball20position

Something from Ben Hogan.
But personally, any position that allows you to hit the ball, the way you want it, and consistently, is a good position.
Back to top Go down
golferx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golferx

PostSubject: Re: Feet alignment at address   Feet alignment at address I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:54 am

Bro Dking,

I like your diagram. Great!!
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feet alignment at address   Feet alignment at address I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:02 am

The medium irons look like ball situated a bit nearer to the left foot. Mine mostly centre of my stance. Even wedges seems a teenue bit left. All along i stand wrongly liao!  Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feet alignment at address   Feet alignment at address I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:10 am

Feet alignment at address What-Is-the-Correct-Feet-Direction-and-a-Proper-Golf-Stance
Back to top Go down
Vrooooom2
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feet alignment at address   Feet alignment at address I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:00 pm

Great, thanks for the advice and inputs. much appreciated. bro Dking's diagram is very useful. that's quite close to what i have been instinctively doing.
Back to top Go down
Vrooooom2
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feet alignment at address   Feet alignment at address I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:01 pm

any idea where the ball position should be with hybrids? and does the loft/length of the hybrid affect the ball position?
Back to top Go down
Vrooooom2
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feet alignment at address   Feet alignment at address I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:02 pm

these questions are in relation to bro Kaii's diagram
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feet alignment at address   Feet alignment at address I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:38 pm

I am still playing like a sotong. never mind the ball position , different lie needs different positioning.
just get your CG (centre of gravity) and your point of release where you can transfer the power to hit the ball.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Feet alignment at address   Feet alignment at address I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:41 pm

Something to consider ... not all of us may be able to make textbook swings ... also bear in mind there will be slight differences in body proportions from individual to individual

Not only that, the amount of lateral shift of our body will differ from individual to individual

In general, you want the ball position to be slightly before where the club you are using will bottom out (hit the ground) when u are swinging in a manner that you can repeat relatively consistently (with the exception of bunker and tee shots with the Driver).

The objective is good contact with the ball, how each individual achieves that is his or her own journey.

p.s. Professional help makes the journey mentioned above much easier
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feet alignment at address   Feet alignment at address I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 1:57 pm

I do agree with Derek to get a good coach to teach the fundamentals . even seasoned golfers need adjustment from time to time
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
leoie

PostSubject: Re: Feet alignment at address   Feet alignment at address I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 11:02 am

thanks for all the diagrams guys! definitely helps.
Back to top Go down
xavierong71
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feet alignment at address   Feet alignment at address I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 1:14 pm

good and informative
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Feet alignment at address   Feet alignment at address I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 4:16 pm

Ben Hogan, Butch Harmon and Jack Nicklaus have the same skool of taught ... They all positioned the ball at the same place regardless of any club used ... They only adjust their right foot. This is to minimize error ... Very good tip but one needs to shift their weight laterally in an aggressive fashion during down swing in order to be effective.
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
leoie

PostSubject: Re: Feet alignment at address   Feet alignment at address I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 5:30 pm

nice sch of taught. let me go try out..
Back to top Go down
junyaoching
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feet alignment at address   Feet alignment at address I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 1:18 pm

Love the diagrams...thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feet alignment at address   Feet alignment at address I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feet alignment at address
Page 1 of 1