Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

feet on tarmac?

Go down 
+5
golf_snowman
ironhead
scubawun
Technospaz
cristeo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
cristeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

feet on tarmac? Empty
PostSubject: feet on tarmac?   feet on tarmac? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:53 pm

hi guys,

may i ask if there is such golf rule?
i know ball on tarmac is free lift.
but if ball is on the grass beside the tarmac, and you can stand on the tarmac to hit it, is that a free lift also?

many thanks!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

feet on tarmac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: feet on tarmac?   feet on tarmac? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:56 pm

I believe it's a free lift. Abnormal ground conditions? Rule 25?
Back to top Go down
cristeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

feet on tarmac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: feet on tarmac?   feet on tarmac? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 10:09 pm

ahh..probably so...thks techno feet on tarmac? Icon_geek
Back to top Go down
scubawun
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

feet on tarmac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: feet on tarmac?   feet on tarmac? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:49 am

Yes, free lift.

the buggy track is considered an immovable obstruction that is interfering with your stance.
Back to top Go down
ironhead
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

feet on tarmac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: feet on tarmac?   feet on tarmac? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:47 pm

now, my next question is where would you drop!! (this is where >50% will get it wrong)
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

feet on tarmac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: feet on tarmac?   feet on tarmac? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:14 pm

not too familiar with the rule, i would just guess

drop should be 1 club length and should not be anywhere that is closer to the pin...

could be wrong...keke

snowman
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

feet on tarmac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: feet on tarmac?   feet on tarmac? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:16 pm

If you elect for the free drop. PLEASE make sure that any part of your feet does not touch the track or cart path or you will be penalised. Picture this, you dropped the ball and when you take your stance and maybe your heel touched the track when you hit your ball, you will be penalised. If your ball is just away from the track and you elect not to take a free drop, you can step on the track and play your ball where it is without penalty. Don't know which @#@!^& part of the rule no is but there is such rule there.

Titu
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

feet on tarmac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: feet on tarmac?   feet on tarmac? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:20 pm

you have to find the place where u stand that is not in buggy track and ur swing is being interferred. Mark there.. then one more club length away.. and the drop ur ball
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

feet on tarmac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: feet on tarmac?   feet on tarmac? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:23 pm

go to the nearest relief, not nearer to the hole, mark the point

if back facing the cart, make sure both feet not on cart...measure 1 club length (this one one so sure), mark, measure another club length, mark and drop ball within the last two mark.

if front facing the cart, mark the 1 club length then drop in between
Back to top Go down
ironhead
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

feet on tarmac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: feet on tarmac?   feet on tarmac? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:30 pm

tronos wrote:
.....if back facing the cart, make sure both feet not on cart...measure 1 club length (this one one so sure), mark, measure another club length, mark and drop ball within the last two mark.

is this the nearest point of relief??? u r taking 2 club length of lean way.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

feet on tarmac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: feet on tarmac?   feet on tarmac? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 6:03 pm

nearest to the original point ... one club length .... u should mark the ball n after that mark the different point u can drop ... n see which one is the best n nearest to the normal point
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

feet on tarmac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: feet on tarmac?   feet on tarmac? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 6:06 pm

ironhead wrote:
tronos wrote:
.....if back facing the cart, make sure both feet not on cart...measure 1 club length (this one one so sure), mark, measure another club length, mark and drop ball within the last two mark.

is this the nearest point of relief??? u r taking 2 club length of lean way.

meaning for a RH, if the ball is towards the right, you have to do that cause dropping the ball within 1 club length, yr feet will still be on the cart. Just did a quick check, we are suppose to find the nearest point of relief, get into your stance (foot just off the cart path edge), mark the point where the club is touching the ground, take one club length, mark that spot, and drop in between.

for left side, take a stance, the club touching the ground at the edge just out f the cart path, mark the foot position and drop ball

not sure if its correct. saw the video a few months ago cause my ball keep ending up on the track back then.
Back to top Go down
ironhead
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

feet on tarmac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: feet on tarmac?   feet on tarmac? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 6:52 pm

tronos wrote:
we are suppose to find the nearest point of relief, get into your stance (foot just off the cart path edge), mark the point where the club is touching the ground, take one club length, mark that spot, and drop in between.....

tht's spot on.

finding the nearest point of relief is the part I was trying to highlight.
most casual golfers would just drop anywhere....which is incorrect. there are criteria when it comes to locate the nearest point of relief.

well done, now we will all remember this, wont we?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes hahaha
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

feet on tarmac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: feet on tarmac?   feet on tarmac? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:02 pm

what is the ball is dead center of the cart path and the flag is dead straight ahead in line with the cart path, your opponent insists its nearer to the left (shot will be 'blocked' by big tree) and you die die sure its to the right (open shot)......
Back to top Go down
ironhead
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

feet on tarmac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: feet on tarmac?   feet on tarmac? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:44 pm

tronos wrote:
what is the ball is dead center of the cart path and the flag is dead straight ahead in line with the cart path, your opponent insists its nearer to the left (shot will be 'blocked' by big tree) and you die die sure its to the right (open shot)......

u can not hav yr stance on the cart path to play yr shot after taking free relief (as in position B), this is not what free relief is about.
take a look below, is position C 'nearer' or position A 'nearer' to the original ball position? bear in mind the key word i's the 'nearest' point of relief.

hope it clears up any misunderstanding.

feet on tarmac? 23865_1422252598867_1309277630_31248227_6517188_n
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

feet on tarmac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: feet on tarmac?   feet on tarmac? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

feet on tarmac?
Page 1 of 1