Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!

Go down 
+20
Technospaz
JonL_TK
uncleteh
michael yong
longster
DGman
peace2903
alvin7379
weesern
cristel
asahi
golfjoy
mengteck71
sunny
S70B
missmoon
Duval_S
slinger
Tituman
HSBC Champions
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
HSBC Champions
Event Official

Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 4:21 pm

Thank you all for your overwhelming responses! We've just cleared our inbox - rest assured, we've saved down every single entry Smile

Please keep submitting your answers - we'll announce the results next week!

Good luck! Wink

P.S. Question 2 is proving to be challenging Cool Find out the right answers NEXT WEEK!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hsbcgolf.com
HSBC Champions
Event Official

Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Looking After Number One!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:23 am

This year’s WGC-HSBC Champions is going to be historic for golf in Asia. For the first time an event in this continent is almost certainly going to decide the world number one.

England’s Ryder Cup hero Lee Westwood is projected to arrive in Shanghai as the new world number one, ending Tiger Wood’s reign that began when the American won the 2005 Masters. Having said that, Germany’s rising star Martin Kaymer could steal Westwood’s thunder. Having won three consecutive events – the PGA Championship, the KLM Dutch Open and the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship (sandwiched between helping Europe win the Ryder Cup – Kaymer has entered the Andalucía Masters at Spain’s storied Valderrama Golf Club in Sotogrande. That’s the week before the WGC-HSBC Champions and another stellar performance from the 25 year old, could have him topping the rankings by the time he gets to China.

How historic is this moment? Well, only 12 players have held the number one spot since the rankings began and the names are legends: Woods, Langer, Ballesteros, Norman, Faldo, Norman, Price, Couples, Els and Singh are among them.

Asia has never before had an impact, simply because Asia has never before had a tournament with the kind of world-class fields that generate enough points to affect the highest position… the closest was when Sergio Garcia won the HSBC Champions in 2008 and jumped to number two.

And here’s another little nugget: the historians and statisticians are still desperately checking, but it’s believed that this is the first time, anywhere in the world, that as many as four players will start an event with the chance to be “that guy”!

Wanna know more about WGC-HSBC Champions, check it out at www.hsbcgolf.com.

Here’s your last chance to win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai to watch the showdown! To win, you only need to answer 2 questions, posted last two weeks on this thread to enter the lucky draw.

And here is the recap of the two questions:

1. When Phil Mickelson won the 2007 HSBC Champions it was the first big international win of his entire career. Name the two golfers he beat in the play-off. (Clue: they’ve both since starred in the Ryder Cup)

2. When Phil Mickelson won the WGC-HSBC Champions last year he played with Tiger Woods in the final group on the final day for the first time in over four years. There was another American in that leading group on Sunday 8th November. Who?

Submit your answers to us NOW! We will close the contest at 12am on 26 Oct! Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:30 am

Can one individual submit many entries or one person one entry? Please advise. Tks.
Back to top Go down
HSBC Champions
Event Official

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:31 am

Hi mloy,

One person per entry, thanks!
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:20 am

how do we know if u have received our entry?
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:23 am

weesern wrote:

Check your outbox. If the post if cleared that means they have opened it. I think.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:58 am

mloy wrote:
weesern wrote:

Check your outbox. If the post if cleared that means they have opened it. I think.

Bullseye Monica. As regards to multiple entry, I think it was stated everyone entitled to just one. They will be DQed if sent multiple entries. Thats why the jokes on those who submitted their answer after the first question. So if they reply for the 2nd one, technically they sent multiple entry kekekkekekekekek...... affraid lol! ROFL
Back to top Go down
PinkPanther
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
PinkPanther

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:16 pm

Does anyone know whats the answer the Q2?
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:09 pm

PinkPanther wrote:
Does anyone know whats the answer the Q2?
Yes... Of Course!
Back to top Go down
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:33 pm

Google is my best friend... what's yours? Smile
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:52 pm

I know too!
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
HSBC Champions
Event Official

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 11:01 am

Contest ends at 12:00 am on Oct 26th, 2010. Hurry up and submit your answers Swing
Back to top Go down
HSBC Champions
Event Official

PostSubject: The Young and the Old Provide a Reminder that it’s Not Just about the Big Four!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 2:31 pm

The recent confirmation that Ernie Els is once again playing the WGC-HSBC Champions and the qualification of Italian phenom Matteo Manassero for his first WGC event are, in different ways, a reminder that the players challenging to be world number one in Shanghai won’t have it all this way.

Ernie, AKA “The Big Easy”, is always worth watching, simply because his seemingly effortless swing is something every weekend warrior should try and bottle and take home: the ball goes further if you swing at 80% of your maximum effort. But he’s worth watching even more this year because if he maintains his current form for much longer he’ll soon be back in the running for the top spot he held for nine week back in 2004 and 2005 when he and Vijay Singh were jousting with Tiger to be top dog.

Els has won three times this year, twice on the PGA Tour, and one of those was a WGC. We shouldn’t be surprised. At last year’s WGC-HSBC Champions he showed that he was back in elite-level form by shooting a near-flawless course-record-equalling 63. He would have won too, except his one error, in his own words “duffing” a five wood into the water on 18 cost him dear.

As for 17-year-old Manassero, who just became the youngest winner ever on the European Tour, it would be unrealistic to expect him to win in his first event in the rarified atmosphere of the WGC events, but it could prove to be one of those “I was there” moments.

The Italian has been on everyone’s radar for some time now, thanks to a glittering amateur career and his performance – 13th place and leading amateur – at the 2009 Open Championship. Sure, Tiger will probably bounce back and reclaim the number one ranking and Lee Westwood was, until his calf injury slowed him down, consistently playing the best golf on the planet over the last year or more. But, if you want to glimpse the future, and bore your golf buddies to death with your anecdotes, spending a few days in Shanghai watching the future of the sport – Manassero, Martin Kaymer and Rory McIlroy among others – will give you enough information to fuel your conversation at the 19th hole for years to come.

“Oh, I remember seeing HIM when he was just a kid… I’ll have a beer please… back in the day when he was nothing like the superstar he is now…”

Wanna know more about WGC-HSBC Champions, check it out at www.hsbcgolf.com.

We will announce the contest's results tomorrow, stay tuned! Cool
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 10:50 pm

So what happen to the result? Everyone in suspense leh HSBC Champion... Question

tituman
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 11:02 pm

Titu,

You must have missed the thread. PinkPanther aka Darren Lim won!
Back to top Go down
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 11:45 pm

sunny wrote:
Titu,

You must have missed the thread. PinkPanther aka Darren Lim won!

How is that possible? He didn't even know the answer to Question 2... Razz

Heh Smile
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 11:54 pm

Think some kind soul must had helped him
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:58 am

Post deleted!

Last edited by duffader on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 8:50 am

your comments is in another thread lah....

don't anyhow speculate hor...

announcement of winner

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 9:04 am

Oops.... my bad again.... sorry all.
Back to top Go down
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 10:42 am

Congrats Darren... woohoo... Smile
Back to top Go down
HSBC Champions
Event Official

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 1:44 am

Stars clash swords in Shanghai
Rivals for world number one ranking go head-to-head at WGC-HSBC Champions

Tiger Woods, newly-crowned world number one Lee Westwood and their closest rivals Phil Mickelson and Martin Kaymer touched swords on Shanghai’s famous riverfront today signalling the start of what could be an epic battle to decide who tops the world rankings by the end of this week.

The encounter between the top golfers on the planet to launch the 2010 WGC-HSBC Champions marks the first time since the 1997 – the year the Official World Golf Rankings were recognised by all five of the world’s principal men’s golf tours – that as many as four players have entered an event with the chance to take the number one spot.

Since winning the Masters on April 10th, 2005, he held an iron grip on the top spot for 281 consecutive weeks; he owned the position until Westwood overtook him last Sunday (October 31st 2010). But as he and the other three contenders for top spot met on the Bund for a Tai Chi lesson, Woods stated a win this week would be gratifying.

”To be No. 1 in the world you have to win regularly, and I haven’t done that lately,” Woods said.

“As in every event I play, I’m here trying to win. If ever there was an event that deserved to be the first Asian tournament to impact the top of the world rankings this is the one. I’ve referred to it before as the crowning jewel of Asian golf.”

The new number one Westwood said he knew the moment that his status as the new number one was confirmed, that Tiger would have him in his sights.

“It’s an honour in itself, to be the one who ended Tiger’s five years as the top golfer on the planet and of course we all know him well enough to know he’ll respond,” the 37-year old Englishman.

“It’s all very new and I suspect the only approach is to just focus on what’s in front of me, that old golf adage of concentrating on one shot at a time, rather than getting distracted by what may or may not happen afterwards.”

Meanwhile the 2009 WGC-HSBC Champions winner Phil Mickelson warned against ignoring the rest of the field for the US$7million event.

“There are very, very few events each year that have the strength-in-depth of the HSBC Champions. Every player in the field has the talent and the experience to win; it’s a field of winners,” said the American.

“Everyone wants to be No. 1 in the world but the only way to get there is to win tournaments and the HSBC is a big tournament, a great opportunity to advance," Mickelson added.

“It’s only the sixth HSBC Champions, but once again the tournament is setting new highs for golf in the region,” said Giles Morgan, HSBC Group Head of Sponsorship.

“No event in Asia has ever impacted the top of the world rankings; having Sergio go to number two when he won in 2008 was a huge first in itself. Now, after one year as a World Golf Championships tournament, we’re looking at deciding who the best player in the world is.”

The WGC-HSBC Champions, which brings together the winners of the highest-ranked tournaments from all over the world, is held at the Sheshan International Golf Club from 4th-7th November.

For further information about the World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions please visit
www.hsbcgolf.com
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 11:50 am

Deleted.....

Last edited by Tituman on Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:20 pm

Hiyah titu, chill lah.
Notice the funny faces used by X man?
He's just teasing lah.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:42 pm

Hello Titu I think u should read carefully before you wack in the post.

Xman was asking how is it possible that pinkpanther won without knowing Q2 as he had posted asking for the answer.

I don't think he had any reference to you at all.

Happy Holiday today so pls dun spoil the mood in the forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next