Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!

Go down 
+20
Technospaz
JonL_TK
uncleteh
michael yong
longster
DGman
peace2903
alvin7379
weesern
cristel
asahi
golfjoy
mengteck71
sunny
S70B
missmoon
Duval_S
slinger
Tituman
HSBC Champions
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
HSBC Champions
Event Official

Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! Empty
PostSubject: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 7:48 pm

The WGC-HSBC Champions is Asia’s first and only World Golf Championships event. It brings together the best field outside of the USA and the British Open and, compared to flying over 5,000 miles (almost 10,000 kms) to the UK or America, it’s right on our doorstep.

It’s not just that you’ll get to see all the Major winners and the world’s top golfers, it’s the fact that they’re playing for a title that really means something!

Yang Yong-Eun says his win in 2006 was what gave him the confidence to go on and become Asia’s first male Major winner. Phil Mickelson’s win in 2007 was the first big international victory of his entire career, and Sergio jumped to number two in the world thanks to his win on 2008; no Asian tournament has ever been important enough to impact the world ranking like that before!

This year could be even more historical. Tiger, Phil and Lee Westwood are all vying for the number one ranking, so you might see history being made there. It’s the most significant event left without the letters W-o-o-d-s on it, although he has finished runner-up twice and, you can guarantee he wants a better outcome than last year when, playing in the same event as Mickelson for the first time in Asia, he set off in the final group on the final day and had to watch “Lefty”, his playing partner, take the honours.

If that isn’t enough for you, how about the fact that this is the first chance for America’s Ryder Cup stars like Woods, Mickelson, Hunter Mahan to regain some honour over the top Europeans (as well as Westwood, McDowell, Rory McIlroy, Luke Donald, Ian Poulter, Martin Kaymer and Padraig Harrington will all be playing)?

To top that the Sheshan International Golf Club is rapidly developing the reputation as one of the great courses, with the short, drivable par 4 16th nearing legendary status. Mickelson himself called that “one of the coolest holes that we have and one that’s exciting for the fans to see!”

Lee Westwood summed it up perfectly, calling the WGC-HSBC Champions “A great tournament on a great golf course”! And you know Lee never lies.

Here’s your chance to see this year’s exciting WGC-HSBC Champions, LIVE in Sheshan, Shanghai.

We have partnered with WGC-HSBC Champions to give away one all-expenses paid package for two to one of our lucky forum members to watch the showdown! To win, you need to answer 2 questions, posted on a weekly basis on this thread to enter the lucky draw. Simply submit your answers altogether once the 2nd question to be posted on the week of 11th October 2010.

Wanna know more about WGC-HSBC Champions, check it out at http://www.hsbcgolf.com.

The question for this week is:

When Phil Mickelson won the 2007 HSBC Champions it was the first big international win of his entire career. Name the two golfers he beat in the play-off. (Clue: they’ve both since starred in the Ryder Cup)

Please send your answers to "HSBC Champions" account through private message
(Thanks Tituman!)

Prize details:
  • 1 trip for 2 persons from Singapore to WGC-HSBC Champions in Sheshan, Shanghai – 3 days / 2 nights, including economy class return flight and accommodation at the Portman Ritz Carlton.
  • 2 weekend admission tickets to 2010 WGC-HSBC Champions (November 6 & 7, 2010)

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by HSBC Champions on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.hsbcgolf.com
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 8:12 pm

So where do we send the answer to once we know the answers to the two question?
Back to top Go down
HSBC Champions
Event Official

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 8:21 pm

Hi Tituman,

Please send your answers via PM. Good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.hsbcgolf.com
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 8:24 pm

i know the answers to Q1.....hahaha
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 8:34 pm

slinger wrote:
i know the answers to Q1.....hahaha

Ha ha ha ha...only you meiiii...????? Beer
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 8:35 pm

HSBC Champions wrote:
Hi Tituman,

Please send your answers via PM. Good luck Smile

Thanks mate cheers.... Beer
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 9:13 pm

But there is no PM for our new member 'HSBC Champions' le.....or does it mean the winner has been finalized liao?

BTW, I like your nick 'HSBC Champions'.....are you affiliated to HSBC?

do join us for range and games....welcome
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 9:21 pm

To HSBC Champion.

You need to log a minimum of 5 posts so that the system will auto generate the PM function for you mate. If not, nobody can PM you as you don't have a PM to send to. Cheers Beer

Tituman
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 9:32 pm

Hi Titu,

Now HSBC Champions can receive PM. Try again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 9:40 pm

I don't think we should try now if the 2nd question has not been released as you do not want to clog up his pm box before the contest has even started.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 9:50 pm

Quote :
S70B wrote:
I don't think we should try now if the 2nd question has not been released as you do not want to clog up his pm box before the contest has even started.

Maybe its step ladder.

Q1 winner, can answer Q2.

anyways, I like this guy's nick.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 9:51 pm

missmoon wrote:
Hi Titu,

Now HSBC Champions can receive PM. Try again.

Hi Moon, Tks for activating the system manually.

@S70B...Nah bro. Am not sending anything now. Just in case he/she disappears and there is no PM for everybody when his 2nd question is posted. Anyway problem already solved by Moon. Cheers.

titu
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 9:56 pm

Titu,

They will not disappear. They are official event promoters for HSBC.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 10:02 pm

sunny wrote:
Titu,

They will not disappear. They are official event promoters for HSBC.

Sorry my bad Sunny. What I meant was he don't appear after posting the 2nd question which will total only 3 posts for him and he thought everything was fine not realising we have this ruling about minimum 5 posting before your PM function comes online. Guess this should clears up my quick summation earlier.
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 10:24 pm

The winner must take many pictures and write an article for us Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 10:57 pm

so what is the answer to Q1? I can receive PM too Smile
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:59 am

I don't know the answer.

But if you let me know, I promise to bring you along if I kenna drawn!

HEEEEEEEEEEEE Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:25 pm

Haha... One less competitor then. I wish I get it. Need a holiday Smile
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:12 pm

golfjoy wrote:
I don't know the answer.

But if you let me know, I promise to bring you along if I kenna drawn!

HEEEEEEEEEEEE Very Happy

then u need to write a letter for me so to present to my Home Affairs Minister.....

but hor, if i kenna, i wouldnt bring u,soli...

i will ask alvin7379... bounce
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:22 pm

Shocked slinger, so bad one YOU!!! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:24 pm

soli sis, no man wanna bring woman to china......hahaha

just kidding lah

u wanna know the answer?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:31 pm

slinger wrote:
soli sis, no man wanna bring woman to china......hahaha

Ain't that the truth. Razz
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:36 pm

slinger.... don't worrlie ... me steady one okay.
U wanna bring one back ... i just pretend I am blind. Laughing

So sama sama ... I bring one back, u also pretend pretend lah? boleh?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:49 pm

aiya, better dun disturb other ppl thread.....

where to golf in shanghai??

think i better ask go ask golfcoma....
Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
cristel

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:55 pm

tutu wad ans ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!   Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Win an all-expenses paid trip for two to the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next