Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rule check... Casual Water

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Moonfruit
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Moonfruit

Rule check... Casual Water Empty
PostSubject: Rule check... Casual Water   Rule check... Casual Water I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:58 pm

I noticed on the last day of the rider cup, Hunter Mahan asking for relief from casual water when his ball was lying in the trampled down rough to the left of the fairway. He was not given the relief as the referee said that there was no water there.

It was my understanding that relief from casual water can only be taken when the ball is on the fairway, or in a bunker, NOT when the ball is in the rough? Can anybody confirm or deny this, and what the rule should actually be?

Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Rule check... Casual Water   Rule check... Casual Water I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:05 pm

Casual water is wherever there is "casual water"....

In a bunker you still must drop in the bunker... Outside nearest point of relief, then one club length.

Which means that if you are in the rough, and your nearest point of relief is in the fairway, (or even the green) so long as it is not nearer the hole, that is your dropping point.

Too have casual water, you must have visable water by taking your normal stance, you used to be able to "jump" or press down extra hard to raise water, now they are a bit more stirct.

Beer
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Moonfruit
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Moonfruit

PostSubject: Re: Rule check... Casual Water   Rule check... Casual Water I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:43 pm

Thanks Shorty!

In my opinion its a bit of a dumb rule in that if you are in the rough, or basically outside the 'track of play' being fairway or marked hazards, then boo hoo if you are in the water.

But, thats one of the reasons we all love golf eh!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rule check... Casual Water   Rule check... Casual Water I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rule check... Casual Water
Page 1 of 1