Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Golf rule or Local Rule

Go down 
+2
pushslice
Loudmouth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Loudmouth
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Loudmouth

New Golf rule or Local Rule Empty
PostSubject: New Golf rule or Local Rule   New Golf rule or Local Rule I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:51 pm

Was watching Indonesia Open yesterday, and noticed that there were few players pickup their ball for cleaning, the balls were not on the Green. It was on fairway, on apron. Is it new golf rule?

I remembered recently few golfers were telling me that there are two new rules:

a. If the ball has mud on it, player is allowed to mark, lift, clean and place it back where it was without penalty.

b. If play ball landed on divot, he is allowed to free lift and place it outside the divot not closer to the pin.

I have done some search on the internet, gone to USGA website, but didn't see any rule of such.

Any one knows? and point to the correct Rule?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: New Golf rule or Local Rule   New Golf rule or Local Rule I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 8:03 pm

it's local rule, some say it's winter rule.

http://www.usga.org/Rule-Books/Handicap-System-Manual/Rule-07/

Singapore Open applies the same rule in 2008. Every pro picked and cleaned ball on the fairways.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: New Golf rule or Local Rule   New Golf rule or Local Rule I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 8:12 pm

happened in singapore too, it's "lift and clean", should be local rule incase rain and the ground is soggy.

Don't know about the divot one though, sounds very interesting.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: New Golf rule or Local Rule   New Golf rule or Local Rule I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 9:19 pm

Loudmouth wrote:
Was watching Indonesia Open yesterday, and noticed that there were few players pickup their ball for cleaning, the balls were not on the Green. It was on fairway, on apron. Is it new golf rule?

I remembered recently few golfers were telling me that there are two new rules:

a. If the ball has mud on it, player is allowed to mark, lift, clean and place it back where it was without penalty.

b. If play ball landed on divot, he is allowed to free lift and place it outside the divot not closer to the pin.

I have done some search on the internet, gone to USGA website, but didn't see any rule of such.

Any one knows? and point to the correct Rule?

Both a and b are incorrect sorry mate.

Lift clean and place, can be declared, only before an event has started, and can only be made by Tournament Director or Comittee...

b. Just does not exsist anywhere, nice try by your friends though.... Beer
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Loudmouth
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Loudmouth

PostSubject: Re: New Golf rule or Local Rule   New Golf rule or Local Rule I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 9:24 pm

If is the local rule "Winter rule" then is not something new, I know in tournament it has to be announced to the player that "Winter Rule" is in play before player can applied that. I have experienced once during a SCC's monthly medal, it was make know to us prior the game started.

And I remember when Winter Rule is in play, if your ball plunge so deep in the soggy ground and can't be found, you can place one new ball at the most reasonable place without penalty. That's provided the fellow competitor can witness that. Ture?

Shorthitter, thanks for the clarification on divot rule. Is the above correct about ball lost in soggy ground?
Back to top Go down
dtan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
dtan

PostSubject: Re: New Golf rule or Local Rule   New Golf rule or Local Rule I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 9:38 pm

Shorthitter u r spot on. It happened here before at the Hana Classic last year end at OCC.

I check with the marshals n they told me is a tournament rules.

The tournament committee will decide on the weather pattern n ground playing condition

before making this "exception rules". All players and caddies are informed before the

tournament start.
Back to top Go down
http://davidtnm@yahoo.com
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: New Golf rule or Local Rule   New Golf rule or Local Rule I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:04 pm

Loudmouth wrote:
If is the local rule "Winter rule" then is not something new, I know in tournament it has to be announced to the player that "Winter Rule" is in play before player can applied that. I have experienced once during a SCC's monthly medal, it was make know to us prior the game started.

And I remember when Winter Rule is in play, if your ball plunge so deep in the soggy ground and can't be found, you can place one new ball at the most reasonable place without penalty. That's provided the fellow competitor can witness that. Ture?

Shorthitter, thanks for the clarification on divot rule. Is the above correct about ball lost in soggy ground?

Actually, no... the "Soggy ground" has to be declared Casual Water... if not then it is a lost ball and you must go back and play another under stroke and distance penalty...

This happened a lot at Royal Johor during Iskander Open, which is why they moved to Horizon Hills for a while....
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Loudmouth
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Loudmouth

PostSubject: Re: New Golf rule or Local Rule   New Golf rule or Local Rule I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:21 pm

Thanks for the enlightenment mate.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: New Golf rule or Local Rule   New Golf rule or Local Rule I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:46 pm

LoudMouth? Are u the one i know?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Golf rule or Local Rule   New Golf rule or Local Rule I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Golf rule or Local Rule
Page 1 of 1