Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Callaway FT Tour driver

Go down 
+10
JonL_TK
BORN2GOLF
slinger
mUAr_cHEe
tronos
ghoonk
Yarra
S70B
watermyforrest
shamusan
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 pm

you should wait for the callaway razr tour driver they got better shaft and same shape . adidla rip shaft .... i try already sweet ... i got the rep come in the shop i work in australia
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:22 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:
you should wait for the callaway razr tour driver they got better shaft and same shape . adidla rip shaft .... i try already sweet ... i got the rep come in the shop i work in australia
Got my RIP shaft already... trying to find an accompanying head
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:36 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
Cyp_PGA wrote:

I thought they always come together as a set???? Razz
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:54 pm

S70B wrote:
FT-9 TA = the tour issued version of FT Tour. (its not available for retail)

yes can at least in australia. you just got to go callaway outlet or ask golf house or pan west to cal rep of cALLWAY TO ORDER FROM USA BUT IT MAYBE 600 AU$ . like i can order the x-prototypes with v groove 240 AU$ A CLUB. TOUR ISSUE ALWAYS MORE EXPENSIVE
Back to top Go down
JetA1
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
JetA1

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:02 pm

S70B wrote:

FT-9 and FT-9 tour are both different clubs. Nothing to do with FT-9 TA.

Thanks mate! cheers
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:15 pm

wow... ok, bro ghook, i think its up to you to purchase all of the above since you are a well known "shameless tour issued slut" and after, in your infinite kindness, you will allow us to try your clubs??? Razz
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:19 pm

shamusan wrote:
wow... ok, bro ghook, i think its up to you to purchase all of the above since you are a well known "shameless tour issued slut" and after, in your infinite kindness, you will allow us to try your clubs??? Razz
And after trying... Ghook will sell to us at a discount rate!!!
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:20 pm

good idea jon...
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:29 pm

wah, you guys very hiong. I'm not a Callaway fan, only trying out their X-Forged irons recently. Tried the Odyssey WH#7 and I did not like it at all compared to my Titleist bullseye blade putter

Even compared to the RAC MB, ProMB, and my Miuras the X Forged is good but a distant 4th, even though the shafts are PX5.0. The long irons have too much offset, and I can see the trailing edge of the head at address, which irks me, so I will probably end up selling them off soon, along with the Odyssey #7

At the end of the day, I'm still a TM/Miura man Smile
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 5:22 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:
S70B wrote:

yes can at least in australia. you just got to go callaway outlet or ask golf house or pan west to cal rep of cALLWAY TO ORDER FROM USA BUT IT MAYBE 600 AU$ . like i can order the x-prototypes with v groove 240 AU$ A CLUB. TOUR ISSUE ALWAYS MORE EXPENSIVE

I doubt you can get an FT-9TA from a Callaway outlet in OZ. You CAN get an FT-Tour, for sure but not the FT-9TA. I lived in Melbourne and I know how things work over there! Can't even do it in the US of A, what makes you think the OZ can do it?

X-Proto... Do Pan West still sell this?
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 5:23 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
Cyp_PGA wrote:

Hmm, I can't think of any. The RIP is not as good as they make it out to be. At least in my hands, though...
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 5:25 pm

ghoonk wrote:
wah, you guys very hiong. I'm not a Callaway fan, only trying out their X-Forged irons recently. Tried the Odyssey WH#7 and I did not like it at all compared to my Titleist bullseye blade putter

Even compared to the RAC MB, ProMB, and my Miuras the X Forged is good but a distant 4th, even though the shafts are PX5.0. The long irons have too much offset, and I can see the trailing edge of the head at address, which irks me, so I will probably end up selling them off soon, along with the Odyssey #7

At the end of the day, I'm still a TM/Miura man Smile

You should try the 1-dot or 2-dots X-Tour irons. I think you might like it, it is different to the retail offerings. That is one REAL Callaway tour issue I can get you brand new! Wink
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:18 pm

Yarra, am not gg to waste any more money on Callaway stuff. Razz

Sticking with old school TM. I think my kit is mostly old school, from putter to driver Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:38 pm

bro yarra, can get me FT Tour 8.5?? Tour issue?
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:08 pm

ghoonk wrote:
Yarra, am not gg to waste any more money on Callaway stuff. Razz

Sticking with old school TM. I think my kit is mostly old school, from putter to driver Very Happy

You WILL NOT waste your money on Callaway products because I will let you try before you buy! Wink
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:09 pm

shamusan wrote:
bro yarra, can get me FT Tour 8.5?? Tour issue?

What I got right now is an FT-9TA in 8.5*. You shouldn't ask me, I got it from a guy close to you! Wink
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:11 pm

will Callaway products make me look as good as TM ones, or will I end up looking like fatso Phil?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:17 pm

I'll take Phil over Kenny Perry any day mate. Wink

My clubs might not be TI or muir a forged but u are welcome to try them when u r back.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:17 pm

ghoonk wrote:
will Callaway products make me look as good as TM ones, or will I end up looking like fatso Phil?

Aww, that's the reason behind this whole 'not wasting money on Callaway products' thing! What a Face

Seriously, I honestly think that if you can handle your 510 well, you won't have a problem handling this! Get the right combo (I know Oban Devotion, Kai'Li and TPHD are some of the shafts that work well with this head) and it should be a beast. I am hitting the longest drive of my life with this head! The downside? Your swing should be dead on! But then again, you are used to your 510...
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:19 pm

S70B wrote:
I'll take Phil over Kenny Perry any day mate. Wink

My clubs might not be TI or muir a forged but u are welcome to try them when u r back.

i usually don't touch non-tour-issue, but in your case, you have better taste than I do, and it would be an honour to get to try your kit Smile

Of course, you get to try mine as well, so we can exchange notes!
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:21 pm

wah.. dead on swing... maybe i'll give this club a miss then...

bro yarra: if we're talking abt the same guy, then well, he doesn't have anymore hence this topic... cos i really want to give some though before shelling out $800 for a driver with a shaft that i cannot use...
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 pm

ghoonk wrote:

hey, i resent this comment... i happen to be the same weight as him... i like to think of myself as generously portioned / huggable? Razz
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 pm

shamusan wrote:
wah.. dead on swing... maybe i'll give this club a miss then...

bro yarra: if we're talking abt the same guy, then well, he doesn't have anymore hence this topic... cos i really want to give some though before shelling out $800 for a driver with a shaft that i cannot use...

I would really love to get my driver on my next trip to SG, but the driver shares duty between my bag and my dad's... So we'll have to see close to the date.

I posted a link to an ad where the guy is selling the FT-Tour head for US$150.

As for tour issue stuffs... you really have to be patient. It worths the wait, trust me!
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:42 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
So between FT Tour & FT-iz Tour?
Which would be deemed as a "cheating" club to hit it further???

FT-Tour will definitely give you more yardage, but the FT-iz Tour is more user-friendly. It is long too, but in my experience it is not as long.
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:43 pm

Bro Yarra, its been sold... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Callaway FT Tour driver
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next