Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Version Driver for Beginner/High Handicapper

Go down 
+2
scottycollector
jdyap
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jdyap
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Version Driver for Beginner/High Handicapper Empty
PostSubject: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Version Driver for Beginner/High Handicapper   Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Version Driver for Beginner/High Handicapper I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 1:33 am

Hi All,

This is a very newbie question so please be patient with me on this.

I'm looking at buying a Callaway Diablo Edge driver and I am looking at either the regular or tour version. I'm considering the tour version mainly for its look as the difference being mentioned (full length hosel, lower center of gravity, smaller head size, higher MOI) are not something I can relate to yet (maybe the size).

For a new golfer / high handicapper, will the use of a tour version have a negative effect in terms of skill development? Or is the impact negligible as the only way to go, as they say, is up? Price is the same for both type.

Regards,

jdyap
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Version Driver for Beginner/High Handicapper   Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Version Driver for Beginner/High Handicapper I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 1:48 am

if u have a problem with slicing ur drives, then don't go for tour versions as they usually come with a more open face, which will worsen slicing.

i'm personally not a fan of diablo edge drivers - mainly cos i don't like the stock shaft
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
wolverine

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Version Driver for Beginner/High Handicapper   Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Version Driver for Beginner/High Handicapper I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:56 am

Why don't you go to BFG BM as they are having a sale of Diablo Edge Tour Driver and

can check with the boss, Eric whether you are suitable for tour version or not.

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t15137-muscle-men-sale-the-sale-worth-waiting-for#262667

Cheers
Back to top Go down
morganoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Version Driver for Beginner/High Handicapper   Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Version Driver for Beginner/High Handicapper I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:22 am

I have a Callaway Diablo edge driver and 3 wood

both are Japan Tour Spec with Tour AD DI6-s shaft (stiff)
cant find in Spore.

If u interested pls view the photos here
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t12432-wts-callaway-diablo-edge-tour-driver-3-wood-tour-ad-di-6-shaft

Thanks
Morgan
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Version Driver for Beginner/High Handicapper   Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Version Driver for Beginner/High Handicapper I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 12:44 pm

jdyap wrote:
Hi All,

This is a very newbie question so please be patient with me on this.

I'm looking at buying a Callaway Diablo Edge driver and I am looking at either the regular or tour version. I'm considering the tour version mainly for its look as the difference being mentioned (full length hosel, lower center of gravity, smaller head size, higher MOI) are not something I can relate to yet (maybe the size).

For a new golfer / high handicapper, will the use of a tour version have a negative effect in terms of skill development? Or is the impact negligible as the only way to go, as they say, is up? Price is the same for both type.

Regards,

jdyap
I think if the "Tour" is printed on the mass market equipment, maybe alright for you since it is more likely a marketing thingy. But if you really thinking of going for a Tour-spec equipment, I think maybe not now as a beginner or high handicapper. There are reasons why Tour players need something different from regular joes like us because they play at a different level.

My 2c.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Version Driver for Beginner/High Handicapper   Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Version Driver for Beginner/High Handicapper I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:57 pm

get adjustable driver.....can open face, close face, .355 shaft, .37 shaft, higher CG, lower CG, Draw bias, fade bias, head weight, swing weight, shorter length, longer length, different shaft profile/flex....only thing it cannot do is smaller CC

Back to top Go down
jdyap
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Version Driver for Beginner/High Handicapper   Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Version Driver for Beginner/High Handicapper I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:12 am

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback!

jdyap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Version Driver for Beginner/High Handicapper   Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Version Driver for Beginner/High Handicapper I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Version Driver for Beginner/High Handicapper
Page 1 of 1